Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Interview With Sue

Go down 
+8
thelmar
KKjHAM
shrekt48
sk92
Miasmom1028
Lizpuff
spishakwax
Screamingophelia
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

New Interview With Sue Empty
PostSubject: New Interview With Sue   New Interview With Sue Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 11:04 pm

Hi everyone!

This was done very recently Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Contribution Points : 44730
Forum Reputation : 315

PostSubject: Re: New Interview With Sue   New Interview With Sue Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2019 9:01 am

Thank you for sharing this

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: New Interview With Sue   New Interview With Sue Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2019 3:27 pm

Sue Klebold wrote:
"In those early months, I was so bewildered and so heart broken, I didn’t really have any blame because I was simply trying to understand what had happened, how my son came to be there, because I was really in a lot of denial about his being there. Because the Dylan I knew and loved would not do something like this. He was kind and he was funny. I wasn’t experiencing blame, I was just experiencing heart break, and humiliation, and terror because of all the hatred being leveled against us."

"About six months after the tragedy, the sheriff’s department released a report. And I remember when I went to this report. I had a notebook with me and it had all these questions, about “How did Dylan get to be there?” “Who convinced him to do this?” and what I learned from that shocking report was that this had been planned, that he had been a willing participant, that their goal was to kill everyone – kill everyone in the school – and I just remember at that meeting I being almost physically ill"

I found that part interesting.  Esp given what was in her book

Miasmom1028

Miasmom1028

Contribution Points : 47582
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: New Interview With Sue   New Interview With Sue Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2019 3:44 pm

My heart breaks for her. She seems like such a kind woman. Many kids wish they would have had a Mother like her. Just reading her book and interviews after, I just want to give her a big hug.
Back to top Go down
spishakwax

PostSubject: Re: New Interview With Sue   New Interview With Sue Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 10:29 am

Here is another new interview with Sue that was uploaded a day ago.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: New Interview With Sue   New Interview With Sue Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 1:16 pm

spishakwax wrote:

Thank you!

sk92

Contribution Points : 45693
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: New Interview With Sue   New Interview With Sue Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 1:37 pm

spishakwax wrote:

Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
shrekt48

Contribution Points : 56647
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: New Interview With Sue   New Interview With Sue Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2019 9:21 am

At least one of the parents is speaking up about it. I really wonder what the Harrises knew besides the diary kept by Eric's dad and that one letter apologizing
Back to top Go down
spishakwax

PostSubject: Re: New Interview With Sue   New Interview With Sue Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2019 6:11 pm

shrekt48 wrote:
At least one of the parents is speaking up about it. I really wonder what the Harrises knew besides the diary kept by Eric's dad and that one letter apologizing

I would assume they knew a decent amount. I don't really think they were shocked to learn what had happened either. It took them a while to cooperate with investigators because they wanted to be granted immunity. The Klebold's were fully cooperative.

Contribution Points : 55682
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: New Interview With Sue   New Interview With Sue Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2019 10:49 pm

NIce thank you
Back to top Go down
KKjHAM

PostSubject: Re: New Interview With Sue   New Interview With Sue Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2019 11:00 pm

What is very interesting are the anonymous interviews Sue did when she was a college student that was reported in Jeff Kass book in the Master archive here. (Pg 70). It is a very interesting look at this remarkable woman before Dylan was born.

Anyone else wanna comment on that passage?
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82007
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: New Interview With Sue   New Interview With Sue Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 2:15 am

KKjHAM wrote:
What is very interesting are the anonymous interviews Sue did when she was a college student that was reported in Jeff Kass book in the Master archive here.  (Pg 70).  It is a very interesting look at this remarkable woman before Dylan was born.  

Anyone else wanna comment on that passage?

It's interesting in the sense that she seemed to share many of the emotional issues that we have learned Dylan also dealt with:

Quote :
Sandra is a twenty-year-old woman who came to see me because of a phobia. “I have a death phobia,” she told me. “It underlines everything I do. I think about death all the time.”
Quote :
"I’m afraid of failure. I won’t even attempt something unless I’m assured of success. I think too much.
Quote :
I often feel that I’m a burden to people. I sometimes get depressed.
Quote :
She belittled herself resentfully. Her long-term pattern of being indulged, both by herself and by her mother, stood in the way of developing self-discipline. Her lack of self-discipline made it virtually impossible for her to control herself, particularly when she was fearful.

I've often wondered if Sue sees some of her former self in Dylan and/or in some way blames herself/ worries that his tendency towards mental illness was passed down by her.
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75386
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: New Interview With Sue   New Interview With Sue Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 3:42 am

In spite of all the criticisms of Sue that I've seen around here (lots of people here have indicated that they think she knew something that she's not fessing up to) I still think she's a really kindhearted woman who ended up in a horrible situation and I admire her greatly.
Back to top Go down
KKjHAM

PostSubject: Re: New Interview With Sue   New Interview With Sue Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 5:03 am

I admire Sue Klebold for her strength, honesty, vulnerability and the unconditional love she holds for her son.

It seems she had many of the same demons Dylan did and was able to grow out of them.
Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 63587
Forum Reputation : 1210

PostSubject: Re: New Interview With Sue   New Interview With Sue Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 6:28 am

She carries a lot on her shoulders, to even be able to keep up a public life speaks volumes about her strength and resolve. Makes you wish Dylan would have inherited those traits instead of giving up on life.

SandraSmit19

Contribution Points : 102294
Forum Reputation : 235

PostSubject: Re: New Interview With Sue   New Interview With Sue Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 6:43 pm

Has anybody seen the columbine videos on the Youtube channel Rocky Mountain PBS? There's a whole series called 'Ripples of Columbine' and a ton of other videos. I don't know if this has been mention before but I found it to be a great channel.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: New Interview With Sue   New Interview With Sue Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 6:48 pm

There is a podcast too called After Columbine that’s great. My friend is interviewed:)

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: New Interview With Sue   New Interview With Sue Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 2:49 am

HanShotFirst wrote:
She carries a lot on her shoulders, to even be able to keep up a public life speaks volumes about her strength and resolve. Makes you wish Dylan would have inherited  those traits instead of giving up on life.

Oh he inherited it alright, he just used those traits to commit the most heinous actions he was capable of. I'm not saying it's a good thing at all, but you need metric shit-tons of strength and resolve to overcome your biological instincts to avoid harming yourself and others. It's not easy in the least to decide to die, and it's many magnitudes harder to decide you want to kill.

thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82007
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: New Interview With Sue   New Interview With Sue Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 3:47 pm

American Tragedy won Best Documentary at the 2019 Boston Film Festival

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Interview With Sue   New Interview With Sue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Interview With Sue
Page 1 of 1