Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Item found in Dylan's car.. why?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TroubledYouth

TroubledYouth

Contribution Points : 42575
Forum Reputation : 25

Item found in Dylan's car.. why? Empty
PostSubject: Item found in Dylan's car.. why?   Item found in Dylan's car.. why? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 6:47 pm

Several items were found in Dylan's car after the shooting, and one in particular caught my attention.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A half-empty bottle of St. John's Wort. For those of you who don't know, this essential oil is most commonly used for treating depression and related symptoms such as anxiety, insomnia and poor appetite.
I think we can all agree that Dylan was struggling with mental instability, and him having a used bottle of St. John's in his car leads me to believe he was using this herbal method as a way of medicating himself, or at least trying to.
I would't pin him as someone who carries around essential oils just for the fun of it, the bottle must've had some kind of purpose.
Was Dyl attempting to get better?

I'd like to hear your thoughts and speculations on this Smile
Back to top Go down
true_crime

true_crime

Contribution Points : 58674
Forum Reputation : 296

PostSubject: Re: Item found in Dylan's car.. why?   Item found in Dylan's car.. why? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 10:07 pm

It was my understanding that a bottle of St. John’s Wart was found in his medicine cabinet. His mom even makes a comment in her memoir about how just thinking that he was having to hide that he was trying it broke her heart.

PostSubject: Re: Item found in Dylan's car.. why?   Item found in Dylan's car.. why? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 11:04 pm

Yes, Dylan was definitely trying to treat his depression with it. I recall Sue talking about it in her book.
Back to top Go down
spishakwax

Contribution Points : 45605
Forum Reputation : 315

PostSubject: Re: Item found in Dylan's car.. why?   Item found in Dylan's car.. why? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 1:04 am

There was one in both his medicine cabinet and his car

Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193357
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Item found in Dylan's car.. why?   Item found in Dylan's car.. why? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 3:14 pm

I think Dylan did have self awareness, not to use his term, which I think he used in a grandiose way, but he knew something was wrong with him from the age of 15/early 16 and tried a myriad of ways to fix it himself. That "me do it!" attitude Sue talks about.

No one ever talks about the 2 ladies watches they found... I assume it was to be used for the batteries or something, I always find that amusing though.

true_crime

Contribution Points : 58674
Forum Reputation : 296

PostSubject: Re: Item found in Dylan's car.. why?   Item found in Dylan's car.. why? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2019 5:08 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
No one ever talks about the 2 ladies watches they found... I assume it was to be used for the batteries or something, I always find that amusing though.

That’s the first I’ve ever heard of this.

PostSubject: Re: Item found in Dylan's car.. why?   Item found in Dylan's car.. why? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Item found in Dylan's car.. why?
Page 1 of 1