Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[[

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 122653
Forum Reputation : 3191

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 12:05 pm

Got a source? It's not that I don't believe you, I'd just like to know where the information came from.

emanresu wrote:
Rule no.4 states "If he engages in major disruption/property destruction, walk away and do not pay attention to his behavior."

I'd like to know why on earth they thought that would be a good idea???? I think, word-for-word, this rule alone quite literally proved how the system failed him and caused him to slip through the cracks.

I think the intent was to reduce attention seeking behavior.

thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 85032
Forum Reputation : 3068

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 6:00 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Got a source? It's not that I don't believe you, I'd just like to know where the information came from.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 6:29 pm

I agree with QuestionMark that the teachers thought if they ignored his behavior it would reduce any attention seeking he might be doing. Definitely not the best idea.
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 7:57 pm

N/A

Last edited by Duluth on Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2020 1:56 am

emanresu wrote:
Duluth wrote:
I really think that this was a rather short-sighted idea.

I'm no education or behavioural expert, but I'm not of the opinion that "walk away and do not pay attention" is good advice for a situation where a student is causing a severe disruption in class or destroying property.

It's just ridiculous

Oh yeah, it's a fucking horrible idea. I can't believe it was approved by anyone.
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2020 7:21 am

Administration might have thought these “disruptions” that were caused by Nikolas were only for attention. I’ve seen middle school aged students cause conflict in the classroom just for the sake of a quick chuckle. Do I believe this is a good method for short problems like these? Yes, but I do think that if the problem was as vital as the problem Nikolas represented, it should be studied in depth and this shall result in something more serious such as an IEP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[[
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting-
Jump to: