Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[[

Go down 
+2
survivingman
QuestionMark
6 posters
AuthorMessage
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 122653
Forum Reputation : 3191

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 12:55 am

I've originally thought he always wanted to commit suicide by cop, after a comment he allegedly made where he talked about wanting to die "fighting police", but there have been people here who have questioned that theory so I'm not 100% sure what to think. He might've thought he could get away with it, or planned to get caught the whole time, so that precludes any suicidal intent.

shootemup likes this post

Back to top Go down
survivingman

Contribution Points : 51150
Forum Reputation : 40

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2020 11:01 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
I've originally thought he always wanted to commit suicide by cop, after a comment he allegedly made where he talked about wanting to die "fighting police", but there have been people here who have questioned that theory so I'm not 100% sure what to think. He might've thought he could get away with it, or planned to get caught the whole time, so that precludes any suicidal intent.

He def thought he could get away with it.
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2020 12:35 am

N/A

Last edited by Duluth on Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2020 1:09 am

survivingman wrote:
He def thought he could get away with it.

I don't understand what makes you so sure of this considering his little video confessions indicate he expected to get caught; he didn't post those vids publicly.

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2020 9:29 am

I think it was all a charade. He obviously wanted to kill others and didn't really have the balls to kill himself.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2020 11:44 am

Now that I give it more thought I wonder if his prior suicide attempts were sort of like hesitation marks to an extant. Like he wanted to die, or at least didn't care if he lived, but was too scared to fully complete the act.

KomaLäufer

KomaLäufer

Contribution Points : 37850
Forum Reputation : 0

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2020 6:45 pm

I read before that either his gun jammed in the end or he lost his nerv and ran off but didnt know what else to do obviously. At one point during the escape he asked a brother of one of the victims he shot for a ride home since he was gonna get picked up by his relatives. If his gun jammed then that might have been an attempt to get back home and get another gun in order to kill himself if not then there was no point in that but perhaps we will never know. I dont think he thought he could get away with it tho.

shootemup and qfwfq like this post

Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2021 1:06 pm

In the interview with his brother, he said he fears death.
Back to top Go down
NoThanks

NoThanks

Contribution Points : 46540

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 2:10 pm

emanresu wrote:
Nikolas had 4 (iirc) suicide attempts in his life. They were in 2011, 2016, and two in 2017. Nikolas bought his first gun after he turned 18, and before 2017 started. Then in 2017, he tries to overdose on alcohol and then another time, on pills. During the pills incident, he was living with his friend's family who allowed him to bring a gun into their home. It was kept under lock and key but Nikolas was obviously allowed to take it out sometimes. Why do you think he didn't commit suicide with one of them????
Tbh, I don't think Cruz was smart enough to comprehend the magnitude of the act he had committed, so he didn't see the need to commit suicide after the shooting. I genuinely think he thought he could continue on with his life like normal.

QuestionMark, qfwfq and stfuu_abii like this post

Back to top Go down
Koschei

Koschei

Contribution Points : 33031
Forum Reputation : 2

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 9:43 pm

I get the impression that he didn't have the courage to shoot himself before hand i think partially out of fear as Randy Stair also made a comment along those line's once about how he was actually a little frightened when it would come to pulling the trigger. Though i remember reading in an article about one of his prison letters where he talks briefly about the death penalty and he says he part of him doesn't mind the idea of being executed and put to sleep for ever. But how there are people fighting to prevent that.

But yes i think that the main reason he didn't shoot himself before hand is because he knew that there would most likely no chance of coming back from it where as with trying to die from alcohol poising it could be left in the hands of fate if he lived or not.

nat_reality

Contribution Points : 26679

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 12:50 pm

NoThanks wrote:

Tbh, I don't think Cruz was smart enough to comprehend the magnitude of the act he had committed, so he didn't see the need to commit suicide after the shooting. I genuinely think he thought he could continue on with his life like normal.

Exactly. I don't think he had figured out a step 2 after the shooting would've taken place, or could fully realize what the aftermath would be. He was probably so caught up in action movie sceneries so he blew all the fuses on the event itself and after that - blank.

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[[
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting-
Jump to: