Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The day they broke into the van.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ladyloki616

Ladyloki616

Contribution Points : 42862
Forum Reputation : 0

The day they broke into the van. Empty
PostSubject: The day they broke into the van.   The day they broke into the van. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 5:02 pm

So I was reading their journals to the lead up to the shooting. I was curious about how it happened and their criminal records. While I was looking up some stuff I happen to notice, that Dylan did the RNN interview asking if he a group learner or an independent learner and noticed the date. The date he did the interview was also the day he and Eric broke into that Van.

Here is the video of the interview.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Wikipedia page had a small statement about it:-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

On January 30, 1998, Harris and Klebold were arrested for breaking into a van parked near Littleton and stealing tools and computer equipment. They would subsequently attend a joint court hearing, where they pled guilty to the felony theft.

I thought it was something interesting to notice. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The day they broke into the van.   The day they broke into the van. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 6:06 pm

I've always viewed the day they broke into the van as truly being the point of no return. While it has been pointed out before, I do find it very interesting that Dylan did the RNN interview the same day. It's almost as if you are getting a glimpse of where his life could have gone had he and Eric not broken into the van that night.

I think Dylan was very good at hiding his true feelings, but I do think he was being somewhat genuine in the video. The interview did occur before the break in. For example, I don't think he was genuine about going to look at colleges with his family. He knew by then that he wasn't going to college, but he had to play it off like he was excited to go. I believe he and Eric also saw the van break in as being the point of no return. Once that was done, the massacre was going to happen come hell or high water.
Back to top Go down
Ladyloki616

Ladyloki616

Contribution Points : 42862
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The day they broke into the van.   The day they broke into the van. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 7:03 pm

Yeah, I have seen from Dylan's journal and his love letter. How he expresses that he was a criminal and that there wasn't any way to change it. It was like it was the last nail in the coffin for him. That he could never go back from it.

I do wonder if they never did their shooting. Would his criminal record affect him getting into a certain college and work? Do they get cleaned off his record after he becomes an adult?

I always find it interesting on the what if's. If they got help or police/ parents properly search their room. Just all those tiny things that could have changed the course of the timeline.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The day they broke into the van.   The day they broke into the van. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The day they broke into the van.
Page 1 of 1