Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[[

Go down 
+5
perfection
Blaze88
Vepr
Futility
Onyx
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 48252
Forum Reputation : 378

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 5:47 pm

It saddens me whenever I think that shooting could have been avoided if someone had gotten these disturbed people on the right track when it was still not too late.
Back to top Go down
Futility

Contribution Points : 37437
Forum Reputation : 105

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 8:14 pm

Brenton Tarrant "transformed" himself from a "chubby" into a bulk Person. Dont know if this count as a fact.
Back to top Go down
Futility

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 8:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] yes,the red flags where waving all over the place. Im sure that prison will be worse than everything he experienced before.Take T.J Lane for example,although im sure that he did this "Show" at the Court only to seem tough. Did you saw his mugshot from 2018? Harsh Reality.
Back to top Go down
Vepr

Contribution Points : 39920
Forum Reputation : 25

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 9:33 pm

Eric Harris (and his family) moved five times by the time he was 12 years old. He had attended 7 different schools by the time he was in 7th grade.

Jeff Weise attempted suicide twice a year before he shot up Red Lake HS.

Back to top Go down
Blaze88

Blaze88

Contribution Points : 42343
Forum Reputation : 65

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 9:58 pm

The video clip of Cho where he is in the car and says "Did you think I wanted to do this? Do you think I ever dreamed of dying like this in a million years? I didn't want to do this."

And viewing childhood photos and memorial videos of William Atchison or as I once knew him Vance Stone, Me and some others here I'm sure conversed with him at one time or another, It's sad knowing that he's gone now, He was a good kid deep down but was torn down by alot in his life.
Back to top Go down
perfection

Contribution Points : 39124
Forum Reputation : 55

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 6:47 am

Futility wrote:
Brenton Tarrant "transformed" himself from a "chubby"  into a bulk Person. Dont know if this count as a fact.

Why does this make you sad?
Back to top Go down
Futility

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 1:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wouldnt say it makes me sad,but i can relate to someone who decide to change their appearance. As far as i know Tarrant was bullied due to beeing overweight,so i can really understand why he decided to change himself and become someone he could be proud of when looking in the mirror. But he decided to throw it all away after he left his House on March 15. Now he is in Prison,lost A LOT of his muscles, facing life in prison and maybe will experience more bullying. And for what? Nothing. Thats what make me feel a bit sad when i read about him.
Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Contribution Points : 69941
Forum Reputation : 95

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 8:30 pm

Futility wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wouldnt say it makes me sad,but i can relate to someone who decide to change their appearance. As far as i know Tarrant was bullied due to beeing overweight,so i can really understand why he decided to change himself and become someone he could be proud of  when looking in the mirror. But he decided to throw it all away after he left his House on March 15. Now he is in Prison,lost A LOT of his muscles, facing life in prison and maybe will experience more bullying. And for what? Nothing. Thats what make me feel a bit sad when i read about him.
Okay first I agreed with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and thought how the hell is this relevant to the topic and how is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] coming back from this answer?

But damn [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I so agree with you especially about loosing his muscles last time I saw pics of Brenton Tarrent he looked so skinny almost no muscle and when he was arrested he looked like a bodybuilder with huge arms it wouldn´t surprise me if he used steroids like Anders Breivik only that Tarrant actually looked like a bodybuilder and btw I hold nothing against steroids you still need to work for it harder even to maintain the mass. Unfortunately he has to spend life in prison suffering for a lifetime he should just have killed himself.

Back to top Go down
Futility

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 9:31 pm

@ The Good Guy First,thank you. I didnt know how to explain it, because thinking something in German and writing the Results in English are two different things:D But i agree with you too, at his First Appearance at Court he looked intimidating,but now as you said,he is just a skinny Person. I dont know much about Prison in New Zealand,but im sure that he will not be,lets say well-liked by the other inmates. He wasted his life by destroying other lifes,so he should face the consequenzes. And again,for nothing.
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 67497
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 2:07 am

One really sad fact is that Nikolas Cruz was the first one to find his adoptive father dead. He was crying and when his Mom asked "What's wrong? Did Daddy punish you?" he replied "Nope. Daddy's dead". He was only 5 years old at the time. I can't imagine how horrible it would be to see one parent die in childhood, only to have the other one die in young adulthood.

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 4:29 am

Onyx wrote:
It saddens me whenever I think that shooting could have been avoided if someone had gotten these disturbed people on the right track when it was still not too late.

I'd have to go with that, too. It's probably my optimistic thinking, but I tend to think that these kinds of events could have been stopped if people had noticed red flags or if they had gotten the help that they needed. Sadly, it can be more complicated than that.
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 67497
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 6:24 pm

Sh0wbiz wrote:
Onyx wrote:

I'd have to go with that, too. It's probably my optimistic thinking, but I tend to think that these kinds of events could have been stopped if people had noticed red flags or if they had gotten the help that they needed. Sadly,  it can be more complicated than that.
I know this isn’t related, but I love that Peter Steele profile picture you have. Type O Negative was a great band.

Blaze88

Blaze88

Contribution Points : 42343
Forum Reputation : 65

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 8:13 pm

Sh0wbiz wrote:
Onyx wrote:

I'd have to go with that, too. It's probably my optimistic thinking, but I tend to think that these kinds of events could have been stopped if people had noticed red flags or if they had gotten the help that they needed. Sadly,  it can be more complicated than that.

Maybe some cannot be helped and be at peace in a world that never allowed it at the end of it all. As Niko Bellic once said "Life is complicated" and it's not wrong, I agree, it's awful sorrow and the ghosts of the past haunt.

It's sad and you look to the sky thinking why it all had to be this way, When I see images of the mass killers who had nothing as once happy and smiling children in their childhood photos it really plays with me and brings tears to my eyes, only if the timelines were reverted and everything had been rewinded, only if this wicked world hadn't catalysed such suffering and misery to play out such events in the first place.

These events will never end until their message again and again is no longer ignored and that the grave reality of deep and disturbing suffering is accepted and addressed by the collective people of the world.

We must remember them all and never forget the acts of history, We must respect, do what's right and go on in memory of all their spirits, the children of Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, Columbine and all the rest, I hope they can one day be at peace, I wish it could of all been different, hell should have never been.
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 48252
Forum Reputation : 378

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 9:10 pm

Sh0wbiz wrote:
Onyx wrote:

My profession is related to counseling and I worked in school so based on experience with many students I concluded that in most cases it is not too late. Giving attention to disturbed students, let them know they are not judged and providing them with communication full of understanding can really change their attitudes and help them find meaning and perspective for the future. I really believe in the power of counseling and education, but maybe that's just me Smile
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 3:19 am

Carnifex879 wrote:
I know this isn’t related, but I love that Peter Steele profile picture you have. Type O Negative was a great band.

Thank you! I've been on a Type O Negative kick lately and I've really been enjoying their music.

Ji Shen wrote:
Maybe some cannot be helped and be at peace in a world that never allowed it at the end of it all. As Niko Bellic once said "Life is complicated" and it's not wrong, I agree, it's awful sorrow and the ghosts of the past haunt.

It's sad and you look to the sky thinking why it all had to be this way, When I see images of the mass killers who had nothing as once happy and smiling children in their childhood photos it really plays with me and brings tears to my eyes, only if the timelines were reverted and everything had been rewinded, only if this wicked world hadn't catalysed such suffering and misery to play out such events in the first place.

These events will never end until their message again and again is no longer ignored and that the grave reality of deep and disturbing suffering is accepted and addressed by the collective people of the world.

We must remember them all and never forget the acts of history, We must respect, do what's right and go on in memory of all their spirits, the children of Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, Columbine and all the rest, I hope they can one day be at peace, I wish it could of all been different, hell should have never been.

There's something so haunting about seeing childhood pictures of mass shooters. I absolutely agree with the rest of what you said.

Onyx wrote:
My profession is related to counseling and I worked in school so based on experience with many students I concluded that in most cases it is not too late. Giving attention to disturbed students, let them know they are not judged and providing them with communication full of understanding can really change their attitudes and help them find meaning and perspective for the future. I really believe in the power of counseling and education, but maybe that's just me Smile

Your profession is so needed and important, and I really respect people that can do that kind of work. Thank you for doing what you do. Smile

I'll add onto this: in the interview with Pekka-Eric Auvinen's parents, his mother's voice breaks when she recalls him asking her, "Mom, why do I have no friends?" It's probably one of the saddest things I've seen regarding mass shooters. I feel so badly for his family.
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 1:56 pm

Steven Kazmierczak's various suicide attempts throughout his life before the shooting. Also the fact that the bleeding cuts in the background of his Billy the Puppet tattoo represent each time he slit his wrist.
Back to top Go down
Futility

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 10:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sorry that i ask,but is there a Moive for the Shooting?
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 1:47 am

Futility wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sorry that i ask,but is there a Moive for the Shooting?
Like almost every other mass shooting, it was probably mental illness.
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 8:40 am

Probably how Eric's brother named one of his daughters "Erica." I doubt it's a coincidence, I guess it's just one of those things that make you remember about the families of mass shooters. Also, not a mass shooter but Aileen Wuornos having such a shitty life even before she murdered her victims.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 9:22 am

emanresu wrote:
There was also no abnormalities with his brain that hinted at mental illness according to professionals who evaluated it at Stanford university.

In all fairness he did shoot himself in the head, so it's not out of the question that whatever could have been wrong was blown out of his skull five feet away.

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 10:17 am

That Pekka Eric's parents made him a tear jerking farewell video, marred with pictures of him growing up to become the young man who caused as much damage as he did.

That's the one that's truly gotten me.
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 7:49 pm

emanresu wrote:
Futility wrote:

The LVPD concluded that there is none. But since no one can commit a mass shooting without a motive, i'd say the closest thing to it is that he felt used by everyone around him (his texts to his mistress showed that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and he felt like he was being washed out by the gambling industry (i don't know a lot about his gambling history but it's likely). He also believed he had "bad in his blood" because his father was a notorious bank robber and he likely would've genetically inherited his father's lack of impulse control (https://www.newsweek.com/las-vegas-shooting-father-crime-genetics-679156). One acquaintance also said that he wanted to be known by everyone but i can't find the article's link. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] There was also no abnormalities with his brain that hinted at mental illness according to professionals who evaluated it at Stanford university.
I said Steven Kazmierczak, not Stephen Paddock.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 7:52 pm

badjunk wrote:
Probably how Eric's brother named one of his daughters "Erica." I doubt it's a coincidence, I guess it's just one of those things that make you remember about the families of mass shooters. Also, not a mass shooter but Aileen Wuornos having such a shitty life even before she murdered her victims.

I think that MIGHT have been a rumor....

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 3:42 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
badjunk wrote:

I think that MIGHT have been a rumor....

You're probably right, thanks for letting me know
Back to top Go down

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 2:43 am

Ivan wrote:
That Pekka Eric's parents made him a tear jerking farewell video, marred with pictures of him growing up to become the young man who caused as much damage as he did.

That's the one that's truly gotten me.
Very late to this, but I also agree. Such a sad video.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[[ Empty
PostSubject: Re: [[   [[ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[[
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Other Mass Shootings-
Jump to: