Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 36972
Forum Reputation : 1101

RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 2:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They stayed outside, held back by their own fear. They were certainly not held back by the withering automatic weapons fire from the library.
Indeed, there was something else supposed to be the attack's main feature.. One has to wonder if that's on the tapes, and seems a much more likely scenario for what to cover up.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 61157
Forum Reputation : 69

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 4:18 pm

Randy finally admitted that he had the full 911 library call is what I am saying.

There was evidence that he also has some (if not all) audio/video of the basement tapes.

Yeah, I thought we cleared up a while ago that he had the full 911 call.

I think it’s the audio of basement tapes.
Back to top Go down
adastra

adastra

Contribution Points : 10769
Forum Reputation : 268

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 4:59 pm

Ordered this and looking forward to reading it. The bit about the 911 call is extremely disturbing. It's not overly surprising that the entire call casts doubt on the way the shooting in the library occurred, considering how against releasing it Jefco has been. Like others, I'd also wager Randy has the audio/possibly video of the Basement Tapes. And, really, all of it likely adds up to a colossal failure on the part of law enforcement - especially if you consider the Brown's police report and attempts to draw attention to Eric as dangerous well before the massacre happened. This seems a more likely reason for withholding the tapes and full 911 call than that that they genuinely fear people being inspired by these two.
Back to top Go down
Onyx
Top Contributor
Onyx

Contribution Points : 13885
Forum Reputation : 378

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 5:43 pm

I don’t want to sound bizarre, but I really want to hear the whole 911 call. Do you think it could leak to the public after this?
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 36972
Forum Reputation : 1101

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 6:50 pm

Don't think you sound bizarre. Perhaps morbid at first blush, but really every theory of the crime finds different parts of what they say in the library to be important, and witnesses are unsurprisingly divided on what exactly they said.  And it's not like we have a transcript endorsed as official or something. At least I don't think we do. If you can hear anything, that is. I'm not sure why he would leak it though one could hope. 

Lukewarm feelings on his theorizing. His research on the other hand is interesting. The book seems probably the neatest thing about the massacre one could expect at this point. Whatever portion of it is "ballistics" is probably fascinating. Probably get it eventually after some avoiding it, or at least eager to read others thoughts about it.

Last edited by cakeman on Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ligeya

Contribution Points : 2310
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 10:04 pm

I don't want to offend anyone, but there are some huge editing problems with that book. It's very repetetive, and there are some pretty huge parts being repeated almost verbatim. Maybe it's a problem of kindle edition, but it makes it very hard to read.
And a lot of little mistakes that makes me question the depth of his research.
Back to top Go down
Reznor

Reznor

Contribution Points : 6295
Forum Reputation : 350

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2020 1:32 am

I think it’s the audio of basement tapes.

I posted recently in another thread but I thought I'd share it here too:
In the Brown interview with FHM in 2004, the author writes "As if more evidence were needed, he [Randy] puts on a video Eric and Dylan made some months before the massacre. It shows them, faces contorted with anger, cursing the bullies who had tormented them and the teachers who allowed it to happen. "More rage, more rage! Keep building it on!" Spits Eric, eyes burning through the television screen. "You've been giving us shit for years, I'm going to kill you all!"

It's possible he still has this clip, and maybe more of the basement tapes if he wasn't forced to give up his copies.

I don't want to offend anyone, but there are some huge editing problems with that book. It's very repetetive, and there are some pretty huge parts being repeated almost verbatim. Maybe it's a problem of kindle edition, but it makes it very hard to read.

I haven't received my copy yet but I already feel that way about the excerpt that was posted here about the 911 tape.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 84688
Forum Reputation : 651

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2020 1:55 pm

I posted recently in another thread but I thought I'd share it here too:

In the Brown interview with FHM in 2004, the author writes "As if more evidence were needed, he [Randy] puts on a video Eric and Dylan made some months before the massacre. It shows them, faces contorted with anger, cursing the bullies who had tormented them and the teachers who allowed it to happen. "More rage, more rage! Keep building it on!" Spits Eric, eyes burning through the television screen. "You've been giving us shit for years, I'm going to kill you all!"

Here is a link to that article from the Columbine Master Archive:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Cyrinus
Top 10 Contributor
Cyrinus

Contribution Points : 57099
Forum Reputation : 1718

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2020 2:29 pm

The excerpt posted about the 911 calls was hard to read, not just for the contents but Randy's writing style was just hard to read. I have a feeling the book will take me a while to get through because of this. Not the point...

The bigger thing is that Randy has the 911 call! How did he get it?

Reading about the shooting in the library made me feel sick. I do feel like Randy is possibly onto something with why they never released the full tape. Obviously, part of the reason the tape never got released is because it is an audio of children being murdered. However, his theory sits well with me. The section that god leaked in which you can allegedly hear Val being shot does sound very chaotic. It paints a very different picture of what went down in the library than what Randy paints. I have always thought the police were cowards for never entering the building when the shooting was going in.

"...we will be free, to explore the vast wonders of the stars. To cascade down everlong waterfalls, & thru the warmest seas of pure happiness... no limits... no limits. Nothing will stop us. "

-Dylan Klebold
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 151236
Forum Reputation : 1063

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2020 10:34 pm

He has a lot of theories written as journal entries, so it can be a bit much to follow... 

He contradicts things from Sue's book, even little things like Sue said in her book she picked out her outfit for Dylan's funeral  (a skirt and blazer) in a rush but Randy says Judy gave her a blazer...

He also said Rachel had a boyfriend at the time and she didn't...

Ligeya

Contribution Points : 2310
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2020 11:12 pm

He pretty much says Sue's book is a lie from start to finish.
He also claims that Eric killed Dylan, and that he told Sue about it, but she didn't want to hear it. He blames her for pushing the idea of Dylan's "suicide".
It's a strange part of the book.
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

Contribution Points : 22435
Forum Reputation : 600

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2020 11:51 pm

It has a lot of new things. The best part of it is that it is from his journals so it takes you through the roller coaster of it all. Gives a real glimpse of how involved he was with the families and klebolds after the massacre

*how involved HE THOUGHT he was. FIFY
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 12:07 am

All I can say from what has been posted here and is available on Kindle is it sounds exactly like things they'd say. Nicknames for kids they didn't know that the kids didn't even use, always trying to put themselves in the middle of what was going on when they weren't. Incorrect details about Rachel (she didn't have a boyfriend they'd broken up in early 98 and $20 there's Judy's favorite theory that Dylan was head over heels in love with her and she was creeped out by him is in there, and all that), who my family knew much better than the Browns ever did. There might be some good information, I won't say that there's not. I don't want to spend a penny helping the Browns especially since they (well Judy, Randy just kind of enables her) were so awful to me about having to work FT while I was in high school and my mom was dying. I don't think he should be making money off telling lies about how close they were with people they weren't.

All I can say though is please use discretion, some of the Browns favorite conspiracy "truths" are things I know aren't true and I'm far from an expert. Especially when it comes to personal truths about how much they know certain people or things like that, that's always been where they like to exaggerate the most.

I know this probably isn't a super popular post of mine and I do know I have problems with the Brown family outside of this so I definitely am biased and am willing to admit it. I would just say approach with caution.
Back to top Go down
Reznor

Reznor

Contribution Points : 6295
Forum Reputation : 350

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 12:34 am

I don't think he should be making money off telling lies about how close they were with people they weren't.

I don't really think he should make money off of the book at all, it should be donated. What he thinks is the truth should be shared without profit.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 12:53 am

All I can say from what has been posted here and is available on Kindle is it sounds exactly like things they'd say. Nicknames for kids they didn't know that the kids didn't even use, always trying to put themselves in the middle of what was going on when they weren't. Incorrect details about Rachel (she didn't have a boyfriend they'd broken up in early 98 and $20 there's Judy's favorite theory that Dylan was head over heels in love with her and she was creeped out by him is in there, and all that), who my family knew much better than the Browns ever did. There might be some good information, I won't say that there's not. I don't want to spend a penny helping the Browns especially since they (well Judy, Randy just kind of enables her) were so awful to me about having to work FT while I was in high school and my mom was dying. I don't think he should be making money off telling lies about how close they were with people they weren't.

All I can say though is please use discretion, some of the Browns favorite conspiracy "truths" are things I know aren't true and I'm far from an expert. Especially when it comes to personal truths about how much they know certain people or things like that, that's always been where they like to exaggerate the most.

I know this probably isn't a super popular post of mine and I do know I have problems with the Brown family outside of this so I definitely am biased and am willing to admit it. I would just say approach with caution.

I thought about you and the community of survivors and families when I started reading it, how will this be taken. There is clearly NO love loss 

I also hated when he talked about all the coaches letting people get bullied, I never met Coach Sanders but he was my friends coach and I cannot imagine him allowing it... so I am taking the book with heaps of salt, not just a grain of salt.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 12:55 am

I don't think he should be making money off telling lies about how close they were with people they weren't.

I don't really think he should make money off of the book at all, it should be donated. What he thinks is the truth should be shared without profit.

There are so many organizations that the money could go towards. There is an organization just for survivors, all across the country, their goal is to help.

milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 1:12 am

There are so many organizations that the money could go towards. There is an organization just for survivors, all across the country, their goal is to help.

Agreed, Rebel's Project would be great. Or hell, donate the money to "Richie". Richard has been in a really bad place, I don't know about how he feels about donations but he needs the money waaaaay more than the Brown family does.
Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 28894
Forum Reputation : 1083

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 1:35 am

All you have to do is read some of Randy's Facebook posts to realize the guy is just a nut.

Top 10 Contributor
Cyrinus

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 1:57 pm

It's good to hear a perspective about parts of the book from someone who was closer to Columbine than the rest of us here. I always thought Randy tried to be really involved in the shooting after it happened despite having no business being involved in it. When I get my copy, I planned to read it with skepticism. We all already know that Dylan didn't love Rachel and that Dylan shot himself. He has nothing to gain by publishing these lies. I do think that perhaps parts of the book, the parts about the library call and any descriptions of the basement tapes could be true. But his personal relations with the Klebolds make me question him writing any truths about Dylan in particular and how he acted before and during the shooting.

"...we will be free, to explore the vast wonders of the stars. To cascade down everlong waterfalls, & thru the warmest seas of pure happiness... no limits... no limits. Nothing will stop us. "

-Dylan Klebold
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 4:26 pm

hvernon wrote:

It's good to hear a perspective about parts of the book from someone who was closer to Columbine than the rest of us here. I always thought Randy tried to be really involved in the shooting after it happened despite having no business being involved in it. When I get my copy, I planned to read it with skepticism. We all already know that Dylan didn't love Rachel and that Dylan shot himself. He has nothing to gain by publishing these lies. I do think that perhaps parts of the book, the parts about the library call and any descriptions of the basement tapes could be true. But his personal relations with the Klebolds make me question him writing any truths about Dylan in particular and how he acted before and during the shooting.

I did like hearing about Tom, Tom seemed to not want to deal with their bull shit. 

Also I have not gotten to the part where Judy and Sue have a falling out, if it is even there. However they make it sound like Judy and Sue were sisters practically...

thelmar
Top Contributor
thelmar

Contribution Points : 45806
Forum Reputation : 2943

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 4:42 pm

He contradicts things from Sue's book, even little things like Sue said in her book she picked out her outfit for Dylan's funeral  (a skirt and blazer) in a rush but Randy says Judy gave her a blazer...

It's interesting, too, that he talks about attending Dylan's funeral. In her book, Sue mentions Tom's relatives Ruth and Don, Zach's parents, Nate's parents, and the pastor. She doesn't say the Brown's were there. From Randy's description, I believe they did attend. It intrigues me that Sue seems to have completely whitewashed them out of the picture.
I ordered the paperback which won't get here for another day or two, so I haven't read beyond the available Kindle preview on Amazon. But this is one of the things that has stuck out to me so far.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 6:24 pm

It's interesting, too, that he talks about attending Dylan's funeral. In her book, Sue mentions Tom's relatives Ruth and Don, Zach's parents, Nate's parents, and the pastor. She doesn't say the Brown's were there. From Randy's description, I believe they did attend. It intrigues me that Sue seems to have completely whitewashed them out of the picture.
I ordered the paperback which won't get here for another day or two, so I haven't read beyond the available Kindle preview on Amazon. But this is one of the things that has stuck out to me so far.

I agree, I think he did to. I feel like Sue was really trying to distance herself from the Brown's. 

From Sue's point of view, the 2 of them were drifting apart for a while before the shooting but from Randy's POV they were the best of friends.

Cyrinus
Top 10 Contributor
Cyrinus

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 11:00 pm

I agree, I think he did to. I feel like Sue was really trying to distance herself from the Brown's. 

From Sue's point of view, the 2 of them were drifting apart for a while before the shooting but from Randy's POV they were the best of friends.

I can see how from Randy's POV you'd think the Klebolds were still your friends. Idk... think about it. From Sue's POV, you are already drifting away from these people and then they suddenly decide to insert themselves into a tragedy in your life and think they are entitled to all the information victims/family are entitled to. That would be the nail in the coffin for me. If you are Randy and you're the one who is inserting yourself into this story, then maybe you just think Sue is distant because of what Dylan did. I can see this from both sides of the story. I do think it is interesting that Randy seems to be writing about Sue to this day as if she is a close friend despite her hardly mentioning the Brown family in her book. Surely Randy read it.

-Dylan Klebold
Back to top Go down
adastra

adastra

Contribution Points : 10769
Forum Reputation : 268

PostSubject: Re: RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!   RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2020 1:39 pm

hvernon wrote:

I did like hearing about Tom, Tom seemed to not want to deal with their bull shit. 

Also I have not gotten to the part where Judy and Sue have a falling out, if it is even there. However they make it sound like Judy and Sue were sisters practically...

I've been hesitating on ordering this, though I will eventually, for these kinds of reasons. Stopping to think about what seems like the endless drama around the way the Brown family put themselves in the midst of things after the shooting has always made me feel kind of uncomfortable. Which sin;t to say that Randy might not have some useful things to say, might have information that has not been distributed widely. But, he/the Browns have also come across as being sort of vulture-like about Sue, Dylan, their "insider position" on what was going on. It seems incredibly awkward. Would mainly be reading for those little bits of info he throws out, but simultaneously remaining sceptical of the more personal theorizing and info.
Back to top Go down

RANDY BROWN'S BOOK IS OUT!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: