Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?

Go down 
+16
Fata Morgana
HanShotFirst
thelmar
My_mondays
Akknowslife
23september
bradt93
NoThanks
LPorter101
milennialrebelette
Screamingophelia
Tesla101
Ligeya
Babydoll
downwardspiral
QuestionMark
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Empty
PostSubject: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2020 11:19 pm

I'm so shocked that Eric hated how he looked. The guy had amazing Nordic facial genetics. He came from a good looking set of parents as well. If he had worked out and gained weight and possibly fixed his chest deformity he wouldve had women crawling all over him.

I'd kill to have a face like him. Well, not actually kill. You know what I mean.

Klebold. Well. The less said about him the better with his hooked nose xD. He was still able to get Robyn Anderson though and she was pretty good looking.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2020 11:52 pm

Rancid43 wrote:
possibly fixed his chest deformity

You do realize he had to have surgery done on him to improve it, right? I'm not sure it would be medically feasible or practical to "fix" it in its entirety and even then he would have to have serious money to do so.

downwardspiral

downwardspiral

Contribution Points : 40225
Forum Reputation : 306

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2020 1:19 am

Most likely he hated his appearance due to being bullied about his chest deformity and other physical attributes. That type of bullying can stay with you for a lifetime. My husband was bullied about his appearance as a kid, and even to this day, he doesn't believe that he's attractive.

Also, most kids go through an awkward stage in their pre-teen/early teen years, and that was when the worst of the bullying occurred. A lot of teenagers and people in general also think they're uglier than they really are even if they never were bullied.

I think both Eric and Dylan were about equally average looking and both had somewhat odd facial features. But I also think the bullying wasn't really about their appearance, ie. they were "weird"/"outsider" kids and therefore were targeted for that reason, despite being average looking.

Also, in my experience, the amount of attention guys get has a lot more to do with how outgoing and charismatic they are, than what they look like. Eric's lack of success with the opposite gender probably didn't have much to do with his appearance, and had more to do with that he was the type of guy who wore a trenchcoat to school, stole electronics from an unlocked van, and faked his own suicide to scare a girl. The account of his date with a girl in the 11K also indicates some degree of social awkwardness.

I kind of wonder if he used perceived ugliness as a "shield" against the thought of "hey, maybe it's my behavior that's making me unattractive to girls." It seems like a lot of self-described incels do this.

Smiggles94, ExCentro and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
Babydoll

Babydoll

Contribution Points : 39392
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2020 4:35 am

That's something that caught my attention too. How self loathing he was of himself. The average school shooter looks like pure shit, that's a fact. Although beauty is subjetive, what is true is that I've encountered people that are more on the side that he was good looking rather than not, so there's that ( then there's the typical person that says he is ugly simply bc he murdered, well, if that's a point...) but like the previous user said before, if he had such little success with the opposite sex was bc he may have acted awkward, or even scary, or say random freaky things that would spook girls ( well, normally lol then there're the equally crazy ones) but also Littletown's enviroment didn't help either imo, Eric after all didn't quite fit into the mold, I think that was one of his disgraces tbh. Also, some of the jocks I've seen don't exactly look perfect, so again I think it had nothing to do with attractiveness, but status. I'd have also hated that enviroment tbh. I'm sleep deprived and I'm being as honest as it gets. The first time I saw Eric I didn't even know he was a murderer, and he caught my attention, then started researching. Then again, even if he looked good, he wasn't right in the mind, so only god knows what else he said to those girls that some of them got scared of him, and some others said he was super nice, that's so interesting to me tho, we may never know...
Edit: To me he looks 99% typical Anglo Saxon tho, don't see anything nordic to his features.
Back to top Go down
Ligeya

Contribution Points : 41699
Forum Reputation : 53

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2020 5:30 am

He was becoming better looking with age. In Eric in Columbine video he is normal looking, but awkward teen. But in Radioactive Clothing, their last video, he is objectively very good looking man. It's strange that he hated his looks so much.
As for girls - he had surprising amount of female friends who talked positively about him after his death. Even Tiffany Typher became friendly with him after his fake suicide trick. But romantically, he always chose girls who were unattainable. Most of them had boyfriends. It's like he wanted to be rejected.

Marianna, anna444 and Isabela like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2020 11:19 am

I think it's one of the small things that makes this whole thing odd. Two good looking dudes, with good homes and social lives ended up this way.

I know for a fact if I was in Columbine i'd stare at Dylan so often my eyeballs would fall off. Long hair is pretty much my nemesis when it comes to men, and thick manly necks kill me. Eric would also be on my radar (he had a damn good face) and also because of the musical taste which was identical to mine. So, big mystery for me a swell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2020 2:51 pm

You are right, his chest deformity, Pectus Excavatum is probably one factor. In a survey he took he said he wanted to change his weight. It's been said he had a birth defect in his leg too. He wanted to go into the Marines and probably didn't fit the widely spread stereotype.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2020 4:33 pm

The fact he was an extremely insecure teenager who experienced a ton of rejections in his life played no part I guess?

Not to mention Eric was actually very average looking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 9:14 pm

Babydoll wrote:
Tho, don't see anything nordic to his features.

I guess you must be blind then. He's a textbook Germanic and would've fit Hitler's "Aryan" stereotype. His ancestry also included German and Swedish.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The guy was a good looking dude during his senior year. He would've been even better looking the older he got.

Klebold? Not so much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2020 9:15 pm

Magnaphoria wrote:
I think it's one of the small things that makes this whole thing odd. Two good looking dudes, with good homes and social lives ended up this way.

I know for a fact if I was in Columbine i'd stare at Dylan so often my eyeballs would fall off. Long hair is pretty much my nemesis when it comes to men, and thick manly necks kill me. Eric would also be on my radar (he had a damn good face) and also because of the musical taste which was identical to mine. So, big mystery for me a swell.

Dylan was really ugly with his hooked nose. His mom's Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry really rubbed off in his phenotype. His grandfather looked REALLY Jewish. Dark skin, dark eyes, etc.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Look at the second picture. Jet black hair. Looks like a greaser.
Back to top Go down
Tesla101

Tesla101

Contribution Points : 47179
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 10:23 am

I’m fairly sure it’s called Body Dysmorphia.

ExCentro likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192924
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2020 2:53 pm

Dylan when he was heavier and had his hair just a little longer wasn't very bad looking at all, like in HFH.  It's surprising how many people see themselves so differently than we do.. my SO hates the way that look and I find them VERY good looking and am surprised when others don't feel the same way LOL. They like things about me that I hate about myself... it's odd.

Marianna and Isabela like this post

Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

Contribution Points : 58665
Forum Reputation : 725

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2020 7:09 am

Eh.... I thought the idea that "Aryan/Nordixc" superiority and physical characteristics defined by constructed groups made up to try to prove racial superiority according to facial and cranial characteristics, was over when the Nazis were defeated and people started realizing eugenics was not a good idea and the whole field was a farce.... but that's just me.

When I was in high school I didn't find either to be attractive. From as much of an objective look as I can, his face is too narrow which overemphasizes his already pointy chin. It's only made more obvious and less attractive because his ears are also pointed somewhat, which his short 90s spiked hair does nothing to hide.

Oh and you know he's an angry, misogynistic, self absorbed edge lord with a superiority complex that he has absolutely no legitimate reason to have. Most teen girls aren't stupid and do consider personality when it comes to attraction. I would wage if all the Columbiners went to CHS pre NBK and the shooting never happened and they had no notoriety but other than that Eric and Dylan were the same way they'd be far more like all the other girls at school and not be interested in the boys, let alone trying to convince everyone they're ultimate examples of classic beauty.

And on the other hand, Dylan wasn't that unattractive. Before he lost all the weight and when he bothered with basic hygiene he was a decent looking guy. He didn't photograph well but I could see some girls finding him kind of cute then. As a teen I probably would have been more likely to find cleaned up unanorexic Dylan cute in a goofy way. If he had some self confidence and wasn't angry and hateful and had a decent personality that would help. Being part Jewish has absolutely nothing to do wite anything let alone is the reason he is revolutingly ugly.

So no, Eric isn't a potential candidate for 1930s Hitler Youth promotional photos anymore than saying Dylan's ugly because of his Jewish blood has been attempted as legitimate since the Nazis were defeated. Its 2020 not 1939.

My_mondays likes this post

anna444 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 147950
Forum Reputation : 2502

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 8:41 pm

This guy has a classic Nordic look:

Eric didn't:

Neither did Dylan:

The main problem for Eric and Dylan was not their faces so much as their bodies. Eric was short and scrawny. Dylan was tall and scrawny. If they had worked out, they would have done a lot better with the ladies:

milennialrebelette and weeb like this post

Isabela dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 9:23 pm

Eric barley looks any different from that first guy. Eric was mostly of English ancestry with Irish, German and Swedish in there. He was pretty WASPy.

Dylan doesnt look at all like the first guy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 147950
Forum Reputation : 2502

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 11:11 pm

Well, I'll grant you this: Kevin Harris looks *a lot* like this guy:

And, come to think of it, Eric does fit in with this crowd a little better than Dylan:

So maybe you do have a point.

milennialrebelette, Marianna, anna444 and Isabela like this post

Back to top Go down
NoThanks

NoThanks

Contribution Points : 43540
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 4:02 am

downwardspiral wrote:
Most likely he hated his appearance due to being bullied about his chest deformity and other physical attributes. That type of bullying can stay with you for a lifetime. My husband was bullied about his appearance as a kid, and even to this day, he doesn't believe that he's attractive.

Also, most kids go through an awkward stage in their pre-teen/early teen years, and that was when the worst of the bullying occurred. A lot of teenagers and people in general also think they're uglier than they really are even if they never were bullied.

I think both Eric and Dylan were about equally average looking and both had somewhat odd facial features. But I also think the bullying wasn't really about their appearance, ie. they were "weird"/"outsider" kids and therefore were targeted for that reason, despite being average looking.

Also, in my experience, the amount of attention guys get has a lot more to do with how outgoing and charismatic they are, than what they look like. Eric's lack of success with the opposite gender probably didn't have much to do with his appearance, and had more to do with that he was the type of guy who wore a trenchcoat to school, stole electronics from an unlocked van, and faked his own suicide to scare a girl. The account of his date with a girl in the 11K also indicates some degree of social awkwardness.

I kind of wonder if he used perceived ugliness as a "shield" against the thought of "hey, maybe it's my behavior that's making me unattractive to girls." It seems like a lot of self-described incels do this.
Looks imo play the biggest part in getting a girl. As someone who is ugly I can tell you a lot of stories about girls rejecting me because of my looks. He was average looking and short. He didn't really have a chance with girls.

Isabela dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 89231
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 4:08 am

NoThanks wrote:
downwardspiral wrote:

Looks imo play the biggest part in getting a girl. As someone who is ugly I can tell you a lot of stories about girls rejecting me because of my looks. He was average looking and short. He didn't really have a chance with girls.
Girls are just as shallow as men are if not more so. You are right. I've never asked anyone out in my entire life, because of the fear of rejection. I just don't go out much either to socialize. Clubs and bars are not my thing.

angelsurf and Isabela dislike this post

Back to top Go down
downwardspiral

downwardspiral

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 1:54 pm

NoThanks wrote:

On the other hand, I can tell you lots of stories about guys who weren't that good looking or were straight up ugly, yet had no problem getting interest from girls/women because they were outgoing and charismatic. And similarly, guys who were decent looking, yet were "forever alone" because of social awkwardness.

Also, 5'8" is not short. The average American male is 5'9".

QuestionMark, ExCentro, Marianna, Babydoll, anna444 and Isabela like this post

Back to top Go down
23september

Contribution Points : 65565
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2020 1:56 am

How do we know of Erics ancestry?

I think hanging out with tall people some well over 6 feet made him feel weak and therefore unattractive, he wasn't ugly. He didn't like being skinny, ironically today he would've fit right in with the whole skinny cute white boy aesthetic people swoon over

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Babydoll

Babydoll

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2020 9:05 am

downwardspiral wrote:
NoThanks wrote:

On the other hand, I can tell you lots of stories about guys who weren't that good looking or were straight up ugly, yet had no problem getting interest from girls/women because they were outgoing and charismatic. And similarly, guys who were decent looking, yet were "forever alone" because of social awkwardness.

Also, 5'8" is not short. The average American male is 5'9".

Pfff I'm glad someone finally said it. No, he wasn't successful bc of being short, bc he was not short in the first place. Sure, not a giant, but an average height and I must add that it's pretty obvious he was kind of a late bloomer, which means he was still developing so had he grown a little bit more or past 18 it's possible he could have been taller too ( and fill out his body maybe).

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
downwardspiral

downwardspiral

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 1:48 am

Babydoll wrote:
Pfff I'm glad someone finally said it. No, he wasn't successful bc of being short, bc he was not short in the first place. Sure, not a giant, but an average height and I must add that it's pretty obvious he was kind of a late bloomer, which means he was still developing so had he grown a little bit more or past 18 it's possible he could have been taller too ( and fill out his body maybe).

I don't get this thing where people think women have ridiculously high standards for men and won't date a guy unless he's over 6 feet tall, looks like a model, and/or is rich. Like maybe some people put that in their Tinder profile, but that's not representative of society as a whole. Look at actual couples in real life...most people are not that good looking and yet people are still managing to get together. 42% of the US population is obese and yet people are still getting together.

23september wrote:
ironically today he would've fit right in with the whole skinny cute white boy aesthetic people swoon over

People were into that in the 90s, too, especially considering many of the musicians of the era had that look.

milennialrebelette, Akknowslife and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
23september

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 5:53 am

23september wrote:
ironically today he would've fit right in with the whole skinny cute white boy aesthetic people swoon over

People were into that in the 90s, too, especially considering many of the musicians of the era had that look.[/quote]

Yeah that's true, i feel like Columbine was probably (overall) too preppy for that though.

Side note I don't really know what Eric expected though, he was an alternative kid with a taste for edgy music like Rammstein and a black trench coat, and he was into girls like Brandi who were more into the Affleck type of guy and listened to pop. Personality wise she's not into you, it's not because you were ugly. You just weren't her type of guy?

Marianna and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
Babydoll

Babydoll

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 6:04 pm

23september wrote:
23september wrote:

People were into that in the 90s, too, especially considering many of the musicians of the era had that look.

Yeah that's true, i feel like Columbine was probably (overall) too preppy for that though.

Side note I don't really know what Eric expected though, he was an alternative kid with a taste for edgy music like Rammstein and a black trench coat, and he was into girls like Brandi who were more into the Affleck type of guy and listened to pop. Personality wise she's not into you, it's not because you were ugly. You just weren't her type of guy?

[/quote]

That's another good point as to his little success. It's funny even, bc Eric would complain often about mainstream things, and popular stuff and yet he went after someone like Brandi. Oh well. And also, another problem was that he couldn't take a no for an answer, which sometimes ended up being stalker-ish, like with that girl with a Rammstein sticker on her car. If you research enough about him and his relationships, you pretty much realize there was a bunch of personality traits and attitudes problems that had nothing to do with his looks.

QuestionMark and Isabela like this post

Back to top Go down
23september

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 9:24 am

Babydoll wrote:
23september wrote:
23september wrote:

That's another good point as to his little success. It's funny even, bc Eric would complain often about mainstream things, and popular stuff and yet he went after someone like Brandi. Oh well. And also, another problem was that he couldn't take a no for an answer, which sometimes ended up being stalker-ish, like with that girl with a Rammstein sticker on her car. If you research enough about him and his relationships, you pretty much realize there was a bunch of personality traits and attitudes problems that had nothing to do with his looks

Yea, i think he wanted to be that popular guy, wanted all the girls and wanted to be admired but deep down he just wasn't into that stuff.

He played soccer and was going to be co-captain had he continued but didn't, so he really had the potential of being a jock. He just really contradicts himself and i think that was what led to a lot of the self hate. I don't think he knew what wanted at all and therefore felt like going out with a bang would satisfy his need for notoriety at least.

Marianna, angelsurf and Isabela like this post

Back to top Go down
Akknowslife

Akknowslife

Contribution Points : 44351

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 10:42 am

I think his chest deformity gave him a lot of trouble with his inner self. Of course it was not the main factor but I think it played a huge role with his self confidence especially because people bullied him because of that.

Plus, Eric Harris over exagerated everything which also played a lot in his self-confidence.
Back to top Go down
My_mondays

My_mondays

Contribution Points : 37748

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 1:04 pm

It's a lot since my last post; I was quite edgy in that damn lockdown period, so I just suddenly quit writing...sorry about that.
I want to intervene here, 'cause I find that Eric is more interesting and complex that Dylan, at least from my point of view.
So, I'm the only one who always thought that Eric *could* have had some problems with his ows sexuality? I mean, my middle school boyfriend was a lot more "direct" that him, and he was just 14 years old.
Eric pursued a lot girls, mostly popular, but he seemed unable to really connect with them, or even try something like a simple kiss. I've always find his essay "Spit vs Kiss" really strange, even if nobody notice it...what boy would write something like that?
He wanted desperately to demonstrate is manliness until the very end, in a stereotipate way according to the attitude of his militaresque family, too, and I think that's the reason why he pursued girls, especially before NBK, but to me he didn't seem really interested in them (even in the video with Brandi, he was always looking at his watch, like he was not so interested in her). I don't know, for me there *could* have been something that bugged him about his sexuality, especially for the bigot mentality of Littleton and the 90s.
A lot of pepole ipotize that Dylan could have been bisexual or even more, but from his attitudes and writings he never give me that vibe; Eric does. And, well, this could be a reason for all his self-hatred.
Of course, just my two cents.
Now I'm waiting for the red bar to the right of my post and a lot of dislikes...just kidding.
Oh, always my opinion: he wasn't so attractive, in any way. Dylan could have been better than him, but sadly he was so thin and sloppy during his last year.

Last edited by My_mondays on Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

AmeliaDK. likes this post

anna444 and Isabela dislike this post

Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 8:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] About how old are you if you don't mind my asking? Just saying because the 90s in Littleton were so different about being open about different sexualities especially with teenagers compared to today.
Back to top Go down
My_mondays

My_mondays

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 8:25 pm

milennialrebelette wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] About how old are you if you don't mind my asking?  Just saying because the 90s in Littleton were so different about being open about different sexualities especially with teenagers compared to today.
Sure, I'm 24...I hope I didn't be somehow offensive with my post
Back to top Go down
milennialrebelette

milennialrebelette

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 9:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] oh no not at all offensive! I'm 29 but my sister is 10 years older and yeah back then especially here in Littleton.
Back to top Go down
Babydoll

Babydoll

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 12:37 am

My_mondays wrote:
It's a lot since my last post; I was quite edgy in that damn lockdown period, so I just suddenly quit writing...sorry about that.
I want to intervene here, 'cause I find that Eric is more interesting and complex that Dylan, at least from my point of view.
So, I'm the only one who always thought that Eric *could* have had some problems with his ows sexuality? I mean, my middle school boyfriend was a lot more "direct" that him, and he was just 14 years old.
Eric pursued a lot girls, mostly popular, but he seemed unable to really connect with them, or even try something like a simple kiss. I've always find his essay "Spit vs Kiss" really strange, even if nobody notice it...what boy would write something like that?
He wanted desperately to demonstrate is manliness until the very end, in a stereotipate way according to the attitude of his militaresque family, too, and I think that's the reason why he pursued girls, especially before NBK, but to me he didn't seem really interested in them (even in the video with Brandi, he was always looking at his watch, like he was not so interested in her). I don't know, for me there *could* have been something that bugged him about his sexuality, especially for the bigot mentality of Littleton and the 90s.
A lot of pepole ipotize that Dylan could have been bisexual or even more, but from his attitudes and writings he never give me that vibe; Eric does. And, well, this could be a reason for all his self-hatred.
Of course, just my two cents.
Now I'm waiting for the red bar to the right of my post and a lot of dislikes...just kidding.
Oh, always my opinion: he wasn't so attractive, in any way. Dylan could have been better than him, but sadly he was so thin and sloppy during his last year.

Although I don't agree with Eric being frustrated with his sexuality ( he was frustrated with sex, per se) and I also gotta say about Brandi...I don't know the girl, but at least in the Eric in Columbine video, maybe the reason as to why Eric was checking the time and was being playful with the bit of paper, was bc Brandi was talking about very nondescript stuff, and in fact at some point Brandi talked over Eric IIRC. And like we all have said before, he was into mostly popular girls, and the type of convo they could offer wasn't exactly what Eric was into ( The boy had a dichotomy possibly) so...what I'm trying to say in short, is that sometimes you can like someome for the shallow reasons ( looks for example) but when they talk you're indifferent about them (I've seen it multiple times happening, to me as well). So maybe it was simply that.

Last edited by Babydoll on Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

milennialrebelette and Isabela like this post

Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82032
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 12:39 am

My_mondays wrote:
II think that's the reason why he pursued girls, especially before NBK, but to me he didn't seem really interested in them (even in the video with Brandi, he was always looking at his watch, like he was not so interested in her). I don't know, for me there *could* have been something that bugged him about his sexuality, especially for the bigot mentality of Littleton and the 90s.

I'm always fascinated when people see something in a totally different way than I do.
When I watch the "Eric in Columbine" video and his interactions with Brandi, I see a kid who's so intimidated by a pretty girl that he lets his friend do most of the talking while he hangs on every word of the vapid stories she's telling.
When she stretches her arms out further onto the table, it seems to me like he almost freezes because she's so close to him. He does the same one of the times that he tosses the crumpled up piece of paper at (Mike? I'm blanking, sorry) and almost touches her hand, he brings his left hand up really fast.
He seems to like it when she slaps him on the arm.
When he starts playing with the crumpled up piece of paper, one time he spun it and it got too too close to Brandi and he brings his hands up to his face and won't reach for it. Mike gets it and then Eric steals it back from him. He starts spinning it again and when it starts going towards her he tries to bat it back but it goes too far and goes off the table. That's when he awkwardly looks at his watch. In fact, that's the only time I recall him looking at it and it seemed to me it was done out of embarrassment because he felt stupid at what he'd just done.
What I see in this video are 3 guys very much into the girl they are talking to. Interesting that you think Eric doesn't care much about the interaction.

Marianna, Akknowslife, Babydoll, anna444 and Isabela like this post

Moonqueen31 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 63612
Forum Reputation : 1210

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 1:17 am

thelmar wrote:
My_mondays wrote:
II think that's the reason why he pursued girls, especially before NBK, but to me he didn't seem really interested in them (even in the video with Brandi, he was always looking at his watch, like he was not so interested in her). I don't know, for me there *could* have been something that bugged him about his sexuality, especially for the bigot mentality of Littleton and the 90s.

I'm always fascinated when people see something in a totally different way than I do.
When I watch the "Eric in Columbine" video and his interactions with Brandi, I see a kid who's so intimidated by a pretty girl that he lets his friend do most of the talking while he hangs on every word of the vapid stories she's telling.
When she stretches her arms out further onto the table, it seems to me like he almost freezes because she's so close to him. He does the same one of the times that he tosses the crumpled up piece of paper at (Mike? I'm blanking, sorry) and almost touches her hand, he brings his left hand up really fast.
He seems to like it when she slaps him on the arm.
When he starts playing with the crumpled up piece of paper, one time he spun it and it got too too close to Brandi and he brings his hands up to his face and won't reach for it. Mike gets it and then Eric steals it back from him. He starts spinning it again and when it starts going towards her he tries to bat it back but it goes too far and goes off the table. That's when he awkwardly looks at his watch. In fact, that's the only time I recall him looking at it and it seemed to me it was done out of embarrassment because he felt stupid at what he'd just done.
What I see in this video are 3 guys very much into the girl they are talking to. Interesting that you think Eric doesn't care much about the interaction.

Is that the video where he is sitting at the table with the girl who doesn't even know his name, but knows the other guy they're talking to? I got the same impressions you did. Some people call it "orbiting" and I was horrible about it when I was in high school. Basically if I saw someone I knew around some girls that I didn't know, I would insert myself into the group by association with the other guy. Then just hope I could say something funny or one of the girls would take an interest in me. Christ, remembering it makes me cringe so hard.

QuestionMark likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ligeya

Contribution Points : 41699
Forum Reputation : 53

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 9:43 am

If he wanted to impress Brandy in this Eric in Columbine video, he had a very interesting way of showing it. He looked bored out of his mind and it seemed like everything he told her was sarcastic or unimpressed. From sarcastic "That's great" to "Eric and Andrew and Tom and....". If it was his way of showing interest, no wonder he died a virgin. Zero interest or connection.
Back to top Go down
My_mondays

My_mondays

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 10:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: this.
My english is poor and I'm quite stressed; your post tells perfectly what I think about Eric's interation with Brandi in that video.
Anyway, I written the draft of my new answer for this topic, but now I have no time to review and post it. +++Coming soon+++

Ligeya likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fata Morgana

Fata Morgana

Contribution Points : 36623
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 3:18 pm

thelmar wrote:
I definitely agree with this.

Eric also asked another student to go ask Brandi if she would go to the Prom with him, instead of doing it himself. I take this as a lack of self-confidence, maybe because he felt somewhat intimidated by this specific girl (apparently, he didn't seem to have had much trouble asking other girls out).

anna444 and Isabela like this post

Back to top Go down
bradt93

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 5:59 am

As I said before, they would have been better off never going to that school. It seemed the girls only liked the jocks and everyone else were "beneath" them.

Isabela likes this post

QuestionMark dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
bradt93

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 6:01 am

bradt93 wrote:
As I said before, they would have been better off never going to that school. It seemed the girls only liked the jocks and everyone else were "beneath" them.
It beats me why he never could get one girl to go to prom with him and he was the better looking of the two guys in my opinion. Was Eric really that "weird"? I don't see it.

Moonqueen31, anna444 and Isabela like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 8:05 am

bradt93 wrote:
bradt93 wrote:
It beats me why he never could get one girl to go to prom with him and he was the better looking of the two guys in my opinion. Was Eric really that "weird"? I don't see it.
Girls Eric had dated went on record saying he was weird.
Back to top Go down
My_mondays

My_mondays

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 2:16 pm

First af all, sorry for my bad english. Feel free to correct me, if you want; thank you so much  flower  

Well, I see that it's all focusing on Brandi and Eric's interation with her, but I was just taking it as an exemple for my wider discussion, which include the fact that he was so unable to do more than  bother  chase like a robot ("you are not human, you are a robot"- from Eric's writings) several attractive girls without be capable of going to the next step, or even be likeable in some way with them.
For exemple, I don't understand why no one thinks about his "relationship" with Sasha.
It was a lot before NBK, and they dated for like three months; well, why in the world he didn't try anything on her, during all this time? Off course, Sasha is not obliged to talk about it for the sake of her privacy, but I think that is quite sure that once again he was unable to find a real connection, even with his only official pretty long frequentation, also because back then he didn't need it.
With the approach of NBK, everything he did was accurately planned. He wanted so badly to get laid because he didn't want to die as a virgin loser (almost certainly, this was his mentality), and be remembered like a "weak, weird kid"; so, we see Eric trying despererately to find a girl for this purpose, even coldly writing in his "list of shit to do before NBK" the two words "get laid"; I think it was all planned for the benefit of his future image.
But, as we all know, he never was capable to really get laid, because he was always unable to connect romantically or sexually with girls. And well, this, combined with all his other troubles, was enough, in my opinion, to hate himself, especially his look, when Eric's real problem was elsewhere.  
His emotional sphere was so badly damaged, that is hard to really say what his problems were, and why. I speculated about some issues with his own sexuality, and for me this hypotesis is valid. I honestly think that's incredible that hardly anyone, especially studying Eric's story and behaviours, thinks about it, when a lot of people do it for Dylan, which for sure at least didn't have a rigid mentality like Eric.
As I said, all of these are my speculations.

Last edited by My_mondays on Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bradt93

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 3:02 pm

Did any of you think it was weird when he spinned his phone on the cafeteria table or could it have been he was just bored?

Babydoll

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 3:50 pm

My_mondays wrote:
First af all, sorry for my bad english; for it I have to thank my massive use of Google Translate to read the 90% of all the eng stuff. Feel free to correct me, if you want; thank you so much  flower  .
To Babydoll: why did you change so drastically your post? Oooooh, nevermind. But if you are an Eric's fangirl, maybe is better for you to not read my posts (yes, I'm kidding again...)

Well, I see that it's all focusing on Brandi and Eric's interation with her, but I was just taking it as an exemple for my wider discussion, which include the fact that he was so unable to do more than  bother  chase like a robot ("you are not human, you are a robot"- from Eric's writings) several attractive girls without be capable of going to the next step, or even be likeable in some way with them.
For exemple, I don't understand why no one thinks about his "relationship" with Sasha.
It was a lot before NBK, and they dated for like three months; well, why in the world he didn't try anything on her, during all this time? Off course, Sasha is not obliged to talk about it for the sake of her privacy, but I think that is quite sure that once again he was unable to find a real connection, even with his only official pretty long frequentation, also because back then he didn't need it.
With the approach of NBK, everything he did was accurately planned. He wanted so badly to get laid because he didn't want to die as a virgin loser (almost certainly, this was his mentality), and be remembered like a "weak, weird kid"; so, we see Eric trying despererately to find a girl for this purpose, even coldly writing in his "list of shit to do before NBK" the two words "get laid"; I think it was all planned for the benefit of his future image.
But, as we all know, he never was capable to really get laid, because he was always unable to connect romantically or sexually with girls. And well, this, combined with all his other troubles, was enough, in my opinion, to hate himself, especially his look, when Eric's real problem was elsewhere.  
His emotional sphere was so badly damaged, that is hard to really say what his problems were, and why. I speculated about some issues with his sexuality, and for me this hypotesis resists. I honestly think that's incredible that hardly anyone, especially studying Eric's story and behaviours, thinks about it, when a lot of people do it for Dylan, which for sure at least didn't have a rigid mentality like Eric.
As I said, all of these are my speculations.

Lol no. I know the previous post was a long ass one and that's why I edited it bc after I reread it I felt like I was rambling and I don't like that and I wanted to go straight to my point but like, I still stand by what I said, I respect your theories, after all we can say plenty of shit about either Eric or Dylan, we will never know.
Back to top Go down
Babydoll

Babydoll

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 3:53 pm

bradt93 wrote:
Did any of you think it was weird when he spinned his phone on the cafeteria table or could it have been he was just bored?
Probably just boredom and/or just too deep in his own thoughts.

Isabela likes this post

Back to top Go down
My_mondays

My_mondays

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 4:41 pm

Babydoll wrote:

Lol no. I know the previous post was a long ass one and that's why I edited it bc after I reread it I felt like I was rambling and I don't like that and I wanted to go straight to my point but like, I still stand by what I said, I respect your theories, after all we can say plenty of shit about either Eric or Dylan, we will never know.
Well, this forum is full of speculations about E&D and the shooting, it exist for this purpose; it's not a chat.
And I prefer to read and/or post speculations here, if I can, rather than go to some tumbrl account, where there are certain bloggers (which actually are growned up fangirls...) that are not doing hypothesis, they are just stating things as if they actually know personally the two boys, which I find very desrespectful, towards E&D and towards that young anons who post questions about them.
Anyway, I'm not saying nothing shitty about Eric, just speculating about him.
Back to top Go down
Babydoll

Babydoll

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 6:11 pm

My_mondays wrote:
Babydoll wrote:

Well, this forum is full of speculations about E&D and the shooting, it exist for this purpose; it's not a chat.
And I prefer to read and/or post speculations here, if I can, rather than go to some tumbrl account, where there are certain bloggers (which actually are growned up fangirls...) that are not doing hypothesis, they are just stating things as if they actually know personally the two boys, which I find very desrespectful, towards E&D and towards that young anons who post questions about them.
Anyway, I'm not saying nothing shitty about Eric, just speculating about him.

Of course this place is for debating Smile I didn't say you said anything bad about Eric, and even if you did, well duh dude is still a murderer. In my previous post I was just offering an explanation for the example with Brandi. Also, E&D fangirls tend to know nothing really about them, nothing to debate about with most of them lol. They don't research nor want to really know who they were, they prefer to make up that. Nice profile pic of Daenerys by the way.

My_mondays likes this post

Back to top Go down
My_mondays

My_mondays

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 9:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Oh, it's ok, I was too sarcastic; I tend to have a sarcastic humor.
Yep, I like a lot Dany, I didn't think that someone would have recognized her in the avatar Smile . I've read some of the books, I personally prefer to imagine characters and situations in my head instead of watching a tv series.
About the topic: I really didn't want to say something shitty about Eric for the fun of it, but to try to understand him.

Last edited by My_mondays on Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Babydoll likes this post

Back to top Go down
bradt93

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 7:16 am

I just wish their peers never judged them and they should've realized they were worth something Crying or Very sad They died feeling they weren't loved. Dylan brought cookies to his class that's why I say this. I will say this though, I don't think Wayne was a good father to Eric. Fathers should love their children too, not just the mothers. I think Eric wanted his fathers approval badly and felt he was worthless in his eyes. I feel if his dad only hugged him or something and told him he loved him, it would've made a little difference.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 11:09 am

bradt93 wrote:
I just wish their peers never judged them and they should've realized they were worth something Crying or Very sad They died feeling they weren't loved. Dylan brought cookies to his class that's why I say this. I will say this though, I don't think Wayne was a good father to Eric. Fathers should love their children too, not just the mothers. I think Eric wanted his fathers approval badly and felt he was worthless in his eyes. I feel if his dad only hugged him or something and told him he loved him, it would've made a little difference.

With all due respect, none of us have absolutely any idea whether or not Wayne Harris hugged his boys or told them he loved them. This is a projection based upon what it is thought a stern, military person might do and not based upon who Wayne Harris is as a person. None of us know anything about him and cannot realistically make these kinds of assumptions because we have no evidence one way or another.

QuestionMark, Wilosophica, Babydoll and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 11:13 am

bradt93 wrote:

When he's not spinning the phone, he's picking at his hands. To me, he looks uncomfortable being on camera and these "activities" seem to make him feel less so.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 1:15 pm

thelmar wrote:
bradt93 wrote:

With all due respect, none of us have absolutely any idea whether or not Wayne Harris hugged his boys or told them he loved them. This is a projection based upon what it is thought a stern, military person might do and not based upon who Wayne Harris is as a person. None of us know anything about him and cannot realistically make these kinds of assumptions because we have no evidence one way or another.
With all due respect, Wayne Harris didn't even claim his sons body. I'm sorry, but I don't think he was a good father. A man who doesn't claim his son tells me he was a piece of sh*t.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next