Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Babydoll

Babydoll

Contribution Points : 5342
Forum Reputation : 0

Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 12:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It's a lot since my last post; I was quite edgy in that damn lockdown period, so I just suddenly quit writing...sorry about that.
I want to intervene here, 'cause I find that Eric is more interesting and complex that Dylan, at least from my point of view.
So, I'm the only one who always thought that Eric *could* have had some problems with his ows sexuality? I mean, my middle school boyfriend was a lot more "direct" that him, and he was just 14 years old.
Eric pursued a lot girls, mostly popular, but he seemed unable to really connect with them, or even try something like a simple kiss. I've always find his essay "Spit vs Kiss" really strange, even if nobody notice it...what boy would write something like that?
He wanted desperately to demonstrate is manliness until the very end, in a stereotipate way according to the attitude of his militaresque family, too, and I think that's the reason why he pursued girls, especially before NBK, but to me he didn't seem really interested in them (even in the video with Brandi, he was always looking at his watch, like he was not so interested in her). I don't know, for me there *could* have been something that bugged him about his sexuality, especially for the bigot mentality of Littleton and the 90s.
A lot of pepole ipotize that Dylan could have been bisexual or even more, but from his attitudes and writings he never give me that vibe; Eric does. And, well, this could be a reason for all his self-hatred.
Of course, just my two cents.
Now I'm waiting for the red bar to the right of my post and a lot of dislikes...just kidding.
Oh, always my opinion: he wasn't so attractive, in any way. Dylan could have been better than him, but sadly he was so thin and sloppy during his last year.

Although I don't agree with Eric being frustrated with his sexuality ( he was frustrated with sex, per se) and I also gotta say about Brandi...I don't know the girl, but at least in the Eric in Columbine video, maybe the reason as to why Eric was checking the time and was being playful with the bit of paper, was bc Brandi was talking about very nondescript stuff, and in fact at some point Brandi talked over Eric IIRC. And like we all have said before, he was into mostly popular girls, and the type of convo they could offer wasn't exactly what Eric was into ( The boy had a dichotomy possibly) so...what I'm trying to say in short, is that sometimes you can like someome for the shallow reasons ( looks for example) but when they talk you're indifferent about them (I've seen it multiple times happening, to me as well). So maybe it was simply that.

Last edited by Babydoll on Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

milennialrebelette likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
thelmar
Top Contributor
thelmar

Contribution Points : 46931
Forum Reputation : 2943

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 12:39 am

II think that's the reason why he pursued girls, especially before NBK, but to me he didn't seem really interested in them (even in the video with Brandi, he was always looking at his watch, like he was not so interested in her). I don't know, for me there *could* have been something that bugged him about his sexuality, especially for the bigot mentality of Littleton and the 90s.

I'm always fascinated when people see something in a totally different way than I do.
When I watch the "Eric in Columbine" video and his interactions with Brandi, I see a kid who's so intimidated by a pretty girl that he lets his friend do most of the talking while he hangs on every word of the vapid stories she's telling.
When she stretches her arms out further onto the table, it seems to me like he almost freezes because she's so close to him. He does the same one of the times that he tosses the crumpled up piece of paper at (Mike? I'm blanking, sorry) and almost touches her hand, he brings his left hand up really fast.
He seems to like it when she slaps him on the arm.
When he starts playing with the crumpled up piece of paper, one time he spun it and it got too too close to Brandi and he brings his hands up to his face and won't reach for it. Mike gets it and then Eric steals it back from him. He starts spinning it again and when it starts going towards her he tries to bat it back but it goes too far and goes off the table. That's when he awkwardly looks at his watch. In fact, that's the only time I recall him looking at it and it seemed to me it was done out of embarrassment because he felt stupid at what he'd just done.
What I see in this video are 3 guys very much into the girl they are talking to. Interesting that you think Eric doesn't care much about the interaction.

Marianna, Akknowslife and Babydoll like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 29176
Forum Reputation : 1083

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 1:17 am

II think that's the reason why he pursued girls, especially before NBK, but to me he didn't seem really interested in them (even in the video with Brandi, he was always looking at his watch, like he was not so interested in her). I don't know, for me there *could* have been something that bugged him about his sexuality, especially for the bigot mentality of Littleton and the 90s.

I'm always fascinated when people see something in a totally different way than I do.
When I watch the "Eric in Columbine" video and his interactions with Brandi, I see a kid who's so intimidated by a pretty girl that he lets his friend do most of the talking while he hangs on every word of the vapid stories she's telling.
When she stretches her arms out further onto the table, it seems to me like he almost freezes because she's so close to him. He does the same one of the times that he tosses the crumpled up piece of paper at (Mike? I'm blanking, sorry) and almost touches her hand, he brings his left hand up really fast.
He seems to like it when she slaps him on the arm.
When he starts playing with the crumpled up piece of paper, one time he spun it and it got too too close to Brandi and he brings his hands up to his face and won't reach for it. Mike gets it and then Eric steals it back from him. He starts spinning it again and when it starts going towards her he tries to bat it back but it goes too far and goes off the table. That's when he awkwardly looks at his watch. In fact, that's the only time I recall him looking at it and it seemed to me it was done out of embarrassment because he felt stupid at what he'd just done.
What I see in this video are 3 guys very much into the girl they are talking to. Interesting that you think Eric doesn't care much about the interaction.

Is that the video where he is sitting at the table with the girl who doesn't even know his name, but knows the other guy they're talking to? I got the same impressions you did. Some people call it "orbiting" and I was horrible about it when I was in high school. Basically if I saw someone I knew around some girls that I didn't know, I would insert myself into the group by association with the other guy. Then just hope I could say something funny or one of the girls would take an interest in me. Christ, remembering it makes me cringe so hard.

QuestionMark likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ligeya

Contribution Points : 4135
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 9:43 am

If he wanted to impress Brandy in this Eric in Columbine video, he had a very interesting way of showing it. He looked bored out of his mind and it seemed like everything he told her was sarcastic or unimpressed. From sarcastic "That's great" to "Eric and Andrew and Tom and....". If it was his way of showing interest, no wonder he died a virgin. Zero interest or connection.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
My_mondays

My_mondays

Contribution Points : 3913

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 10:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: this.
My english is poor and I'm quite stressed; your post tells perfectly what I think about Eric's interation with Brandi in that video.
Anyway, I written the draft of my new answer for this topic, but now I have no time to review and post it. +++Coming soon+++

Ligeya likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fata Morgana

Fata Morgana

Contribution Points : 3398

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 3:18 pm

I definitely agree with this.

Eric also asked another student to go ask Brandi if she would go to the Prom with him, instead of doing it himself. I take this as a lack of self-confidence, maybe because he felt somewhat intimidated by this specific girl (apparently, he didn't seem to have had much trouble asking other girls out).

bradt93
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 52745
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 5:59 am

As I said before, they would have been better off never going to that school. It seemed the girls only liked the jocks and everyone else were "beneath" them.

bradt93
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 6:01 am

As I said before, they would have been better off never going to that school. It seemed the girls only liked the jocks and everyone else were "beneath" them.
It beats me why he never could get one girl to go to prom with him and he was the better looking of the two guys in my opinion. Was Eric really that "weird"? I don't see it.

Ivan
Security
Ivan

Contribution Points : 79120
Forum Reputation : 185

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 8:05 am

It beats me why he never could get one girl to go to prom with him and he was the better looking of the two guys in my opinion. Was Eric really that "weird"? I don't see it.
Girls Eric had dated went on record saying he was weird.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
My_mondays

My_mondays

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 2:16 pm

First af all, sorry for my bad english. Feel free to correct me, if you want; thank you so much  flower  

Well, I see that it's all focusing on Brandi and Eric's interation with her, but I was just taking it as an exemple for my wider discussion, which include the fact that he was so unable to do more than  bother  chase like a robot ("you are not human, you are a robot"- from Eric's writings) several attractive girls without be capable of going to the next step, or even be likeable in some way with them.
For exemple, I don't understand why no one thinks about his "relationship" with Sasha.
It was a lot before NBK, and they dated for like three months; well, why in the world he didn't try anything on her, during all this time? Off course, Sasha is not obliged to talk about it for the sake of her privacy, but I think that is quite sure that once again he was unable to find a real connection, even with his only official pretty long frequentation, also because back then he didn't need it.
With the approach of NBK, everything he did was accurately planned. He wanted so badly to get laid because he didn't want to die as a virgin loser (almost certainly, this was his mentality), and be remembered like a "weak, weird kid"; so, we see Eric trying despererately to find a girl for this purpose, even coldly writing in his "list of shit to do before NBK" the two words "get laid"; I think it was all planned for the benefit of his future image.
But, as we all know, he never was capable to really get laid, because he was always unable to connect romantically or sexually with girls. And well, this, combined with all his other troubles, was enough, in my opinion, to hate himself, especially his look, when Eric's real problem was elsewhere.  
His emotional sphere was so badly damaged, that is hard to really say what his problems were, and why. I speculated about some issues with his own sexuality, and for me this hypotesis is valid. I honestly think that's incredible that hardly anyone, especially studying Eric's story and behaviours, thinks about it, when a lot of people do it for Dylan, which for sure at least didn't have a rigid mentality like Eric.
As I said, all of these are my speculations.

Last edited by My_mondays on Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 3:02 pm

Did any of you think it was weird when he spinned his phone on the cafeteria table or could it have been he was just bored?

Babydoll

Babydoll

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 3:50 pm

First af all, sorry for my bad english; for it I have to thank my massive use of Google Translate to read the 90% of all the eng stuff. Feel free to correct me, if you want; thank you so much  flower  .
To Babydoll: why did you change so drastically your post? Oooooh, nevermind. But if you are an Eric's fangirl, maybe is better for you to not read my posts (yes, I'm kidding again...)

Well, I see that it's all focusing on Brandi and Eric's interation with her, but I was just taking it as an exemple for my wider discussion, which include the fact that he was so unable to do more than  bother  chase like a robot ("you are not human, you are a robot"- from Eric's writings) several attractive girls without be capable of going to the next step, or even be likeable in some way with them.
For exemple, I don't understand why no one thinks about his "relationship" with Sasha.
It was a lot before NBK, and they dated for like three months; well, why in the world he didn't try anything on her, during all this time? Off course, Sasha is not obliged to talk about it for the sake of her privacy, but I think that is quite sure that once again he was unable to find a real connection, even with his only official pretty long frequentation, also because back then he didn't need it.
With the approach of NBK, everything he did was accurately planned. He wanted so badly to get laid because he didn't want to die as a virgin loser (almost certainly, this was his mentality), and be remembered like a "weak, weird kid"; so, we see Eric trying despererately to find a girl for this purpose, even coldly writing in his "list of shit to do before NBK" the two words "get laid"; I think it was all planned for the benefit of his future image.
But, as we all know, he never was capable to really get laid, because he was always unable to connect romantically or sexually with girls. And well, this, combined with all his other troubles, was enough, in my opinion, to hate himself, especially his look, when Eric's real problem was elsewhere.  
His emotional sphere was so badly damaged, that is hard to really say what his problems were, and why. I speculated about some issues with his sexuality, and for me this hypotesis resists. I honestly think that's incredible that hardly anyone, especially studying Eric's story and behaviours, thinks about it, when a lot of people do it for Dylan, which for sure at least didn't have a rigid mentality like Eric.
As I said, all of these are my speculations.

Lol no. I know the previous post was a long ass one and that's why I edited it bc after I reread it I felt like I was rambling and I don't like that and I wanted to go straight to my point but like, I still stand by what I said, I respect your theories, after all we can say plenty of shit about either Eric or Dylan, we will never know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Babydoll

Babydoll

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 3:53 pm

Did any of you think it was weird when he spinned his phone on the cafeteria table or could it have been he was just bored?
Probably just boredom and/or just too deep in his own thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
My_mondays

My_mondays

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 4:41 pm

Lol no. I know the previous post was a long ass one and that's why I edited it bc after I reread it I felt like I was rambling and I don't like that and I wanted to go straight to my point but like, I still stand by what I said, I respect your theories, after all we can say plenty of shit about either Eric or Dylan, we will never know.
Well, this forum is full of speculations about E&D and the shooting, it exist for this purpose; it's not a chat.
And I prefer to read and/or post speculations here, if I can, rather than go to some tumbrl account, where there are certain bloggers (which actually are growned up fangirls...) that are not doing hypothesis, they are just stating things as if they actually know personally the two boys, which I find very desrespectful, towards E&D and towards that young anons who post questions about them.
Anyway, I'm not saying nothing shitty about Eric, just speculating about him.

Babydoll

Babydoll

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 6:11 pm

Well, this forum is full of speculations about E&D and the shooting, it exist for this purpose; it's not a chat.
And I prefer to read and/or post speculations here, if I can, rather than go to some tumbrl account, where there are certain bloggers (which actually are growned up fangirls...) that are not doing hypothesis, they are just stating things as if they actually know personally the two boys, which I find very desrespectful, towards E&D and towards that young anons who post questions about them.
Anyway, I'm not saying nothing shitty about Eric, just speculating about him.

Of course this place is for debating Smile I didn't say you said anything bad about Eric, and even if you did, well duh dude is still a murderer. In my previous post I was just offering an explanation for the example with Brandi. Also, E&D fangirls tend to know nothing really about them, nothing to debate about with most of them lol. They don't research nor want to really know who they were, they prefer to make up that. Nice profile pic of Daenerys by the way.

My_mondays likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
My_mondays

My_mondays

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 9:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Oh, it's ok, I was too sarcastic; I tend to have a sarcastic humor.
Yep, I like a lot Dany, I didn't think that someone would have recognized her in the avatar Smile . I've read some of the books, I personally prefer to imagine characters and situations in my head instead of watching a tv series.
About the topic: I really didn't want to say something shitty about Eric for the fun of it, but to try to understand him.

Last edited by My_mondays on Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Babydoll likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 7:16 am

I just wish their peers never judged them and they should've realized they were worth something Crying or Very sad They died feeling they weren't loved. Dylan brought cookies to his class that's why I say this. I will say this though, I don't think Wayne was a good father to Eric. Fathers should love their children too, not just the mothers. I think Eric wanted his fathers approval badly and felt he was worthless in his eyes. I feel if his dad only hugged him or something and told him he loved him, it would've made a little difference.

thelmar
Top Contributor
thelmar

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 11:09 am

I just wish their peers never judged them and they should've realized they were worth something Crying or Very sad They died feeling they weren't loved. Dylan brought cookies to his class that's why I say this. I will say this though, I don't think Wayne was a good father to Eric. Fathers should love their children too, not just the mothers. I think Eric wanted his fathers approval badly and felt he was worthless in his eyes. I feel if his dad only hugged him or something and told him he loved him, it would've made a little difference.

With all due respect, none of us have absolutely any idea whether or not Wayne Harris hugged his boys or told them he loved them. This is a projection based upon what it is thought a stern, military person might do and not based upon who Wayne Harris is as a person. None of us know anything about him and cannot realistically make these kinds of assumptions because we have no evidence one way or another.

QuestionMark, Wilosophica and Babydoll like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
thelmar
Top Contributor
thelmar

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 11:13 am

When he's not spinning the phone, he's picking at his hands. To me, he looks uncomfortable being on camera and these "activities" seem to make him feel less so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 1:15 pm

With all due respect, none of us have absolutely any idea whether or not Wayne Harris hugged his boys or told them he loved them. This is a projection based upon what it is thought a stern, military person might do and not based upon who Wayne Harris is as a person. None of us know anything about him and cannot realistically make these kinds of assumptions because we have no evidence one way or another.
With all due respect, Wayne Harris didn't even claim his sons body. I'm sorry, but I don't think he was a good father. A man who doesn't claim his son tells me he was a piece of sh*t.

thelmar
Top Contributor
thelmar

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 2:38 pm

[
With all due respect, Wayne Harris didn't even claim his sons body. I'm sorry, but I don't think he was a good father. A man who doesn't claim his son tells me he was a piece of sh*t.

The Harris' did not personally claim Eric's remains but an intermediary was sent to do so for them. Eric was not just left at a funeral home somewhere or placed in a pauper's field, unclaimed. The Harris' did not reveal what, if any, service they had for Eric or where his ashes were entombed. And that is their right. I, like many, would like to know how they mourned Eric but it's none of my business and they don't owe me an explanation.

There's no problem being of the opinion that Wayne was a certain way. But I think it's important to clarify that it's your opinion because people learn about the case by reading what others write about it. And if we are stating things as fact, like Wayne Harris wasn't a good father or didn't hug his son or tell him he loved him, when there is no evidence for or against these statements, we just perpetuate the myths that have surrounded this case for the last 21 years.

Babydoll likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dreadpirateroberts2020

Contribution Points : 5330
Forum Reputation : 125

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 6:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quick question for you!

So, let's presume that Eric was buried/entombed at a local public cemetery in the Denver Metro area.

(I've heard this is the case).

Given that public cemeteries are generally subject to public record laws and can be requested, I wonder if anyone has submitted a request to cemeteries in the Denver Metro area?

I'm in no way seeking to (1) disturb Eric's resting place or (2) create a place of reverence for Eric & Dylan fans.

I just think to know where Wayne and Kathy chose to bury/entomb their son would speak to their reaction/experience with the tragedy.

"When have I lied? When have I cheated or stolen from anyone here? When have I treated anyone unfairly? When have I lead you astray?

Why do you turn on me now when I have poured my heart and soul into this community and project?

...Do you think this site built itself? Do you think it runs itself?...Do you have any idea the risk the people operating this site are taking?

Do you have any clue what we've been through to get here today?

Whether you like it or not, I am the captain of this ship, if you don’t like the rules of the game, or you don’t trust your captain, you can get off the boat.”

-Dread Pirate Roberts
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
thelmar
Top Contributor
thelmar

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 7:59 pm

dreadpiraterobers2020 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quick question for you!

So, let's presume that Eric was buried/entombed at a local public cemetery in the Denver Metro area.

(I've heard this is the case).  

Given that public cemeteries are generally subject to public record laws and can be requested, I wonder if anyone has submitted a request to cemeteries in the Denver Metro area?

I'm in no way seeking to (1) disturb Eric's resting place or (2) create a place of reverence for Eric & Dylan fans.

I just think to know where Wayne and Kathy chose to bury/entomb their son would speak to their reaction/experience with the tragedy.  

After 21 yrs, I am reasonably certain that if he had a gravesite which could be found through a public records search, that it would have been found already. Some sections of the TCC are a cult-like following for Eric and Dylan, I could envision they would like nothing better than to make annual pilgrimages to his grave.

Were I the Harrises, or the Klebolds, I would have either paid to have the ashes placed in a columbarium in a private cemetery under an assumed name or would have distributed them myself in a location which held a specific memory for the family. Out at sea, if it were appropriate, as then you'd be assured no one would dig up ground and claim it contained your son's ashes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lol

Contribution Points : 68422
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2020 2:52 am

Eric wasn't really attractive. He was an average looking guy. He also wasn't particularly tall. He had a caved in chest. He was very self conscious, and weird. Of course he'd feel like he wasn't ever good enough, and hated how he looked. Too bad. He probably could've found a girl in college if he ever decided to go and live by his 20's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lol

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2020 2:59 am

It's high school. Everyone gets judged, including the popular kids. It's high school. That's reality.

These guys had friends that would participate in their videos, go out bowling with them, go out drinking and getting drunk with them, go out partying, vandalizing other people's houses and property with them, etc. They had friends. That is more to say than a guy like Adam Lanza, or Elliot Rodger, or Seung Hui Cho, who had no friends.

"Loners" my ass they were.

downwardspiral likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2020 1:15 pm

It's high school. Everyone gets judged, including the popular kids. It's high school. That's reality.

These guys had friends that would participate in their videos, go out bowling with them, go out drinking and getting drunk with them, go out partying, vandalizing other people's houses and property with them, etc. They had friends. That is more to say than a guy like Adam Lanza, or Elliot Rodger, or Seung Hui Cho, who had no friends.

Well, each of the shooters had a mental problem or social order. Elliot Roger had aspergers which is a difficult social disorder to overcome.

lol

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2020 12:28 am

Well, each of the shooters had a mental problem or social order. Elliot Roger had aspergers which is a difficult social disorder to overcome.
Right, Eric and Dylan had mental illness. We don't know what nor to what extent. A dead person cannot be diagnosed properly, but these guys were far from being loners.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iforgotmyoldname2

iforgotmyoldname2

Contribution Points : 28387
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2020 9:58 pm

Both Eric and Dylan were fine looking, IMO, but being a teenager with no self confidence isn't an easy thing to go through as I'm sure a lot of people here could relate to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adzybear

Contribution Points : 22445

PostSubject: Re: Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?   Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 12:50 am

Seeing them in real life would be very different also. To get a true picture of someone from a couple of shitty VHS tapes and High School photos is impossible.

QuestionMark and Akknowslife like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Why the hell did Eric hate how he looked?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: