Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yes I wrote the article for FHM... ask away...

Go down 
+10
Agent47
My_mondays
milennialrebelette
Ligeya
Adzybear
dreadpirateroberts2020
QuestionMark
sscc
Reznor
Piersh
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 79172
Forum Reputation : 1491

Yes I wrote the article for FHM... ask away... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes I wrote the article for FHM... ask away...   Yes I wrote the article for FHM... ask away... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 11:33 pm

thelmar wrote:
cakeman wrote:
I'm aware of the rebel missions and their journals. Problems with other students and hatred with the high school as an institution seem to me quite separate things.
How so? From what we know it seems that both hated the school because of what they perceived as favoritism of treatment for certain members of the student body; and those certain members were usually the jocks that gave everyone (not just Eric and Dylan) the most trouble. It doesn't seem that you could separate the two as perception of one grew out of perception of the other.
You might argue that Eric also railed against society putting kids in school to make good little workers for the future, so everyone thinks and acts alike, but this wasn't his sole means of hatred toward the "institution" and there's no evidence Dylan cared about this philosophy at all.
I'm not sure that isn't a just so story. We don't know what they perceived as favoritism of treatment. Favoritism of fate to the jocks in Dylan's journal perhaps. Of course one could hate the school because of the people there; but hating some people there is not the same thing as hating the school. My claim was pretty modest. Just don't think Dylan hating one guy is gym class is evidence for hating the whole school.

And yes, there is Eric talking about how school is to conform to a bell schedule and make it so you don't sit around the room or whatever, but that is presumably after they decided to attack the school. Also there is Eric specifically saying not to blame the administration.

Quote :
cakeman wrote:
One should also note: graduated the year before, as in were seniors when they were juniors, as in when they started planning the massacre, for when they would be seniors.
Yes, the redacted statements I mentioned were part of the class of 1998, likely interviewed because they were on the Class of '98 Should've Died list. My point was not these particular students and what abuse they threw at Eric or Dylan during gym the year before. But the fact that these students, who had admitted to bullying, and their group of friends who were also bullies, were present in Columbine for 3 out of the 4 years that Eric and Dylan were present. Their being assholes to other students probably didn't start when they became Class of 98 seniors, they were probably assholes through the majority of high school.

The fact that they were the main group of bullies for the majority of time Harris and Klebold were at Columbine and the fact that Eric and Dylan, from the written evidence we have, were expressing hatred of the school and its students at least as far back as their sophomore year suggests that their perceptions of the school and students were shaped further back than just their junior year ("this last year") of high school. And was possibly shaped by this particular group of bullies.
If they were just referring to being bullied their junior year, as you suggest, and since they began plotting NBK some time between February and April of 1998, then that means that they would have decided based upon only roughly 6- 8 months (minus weekends and school breaks it's roughly 150 days actually in school) that they were going to die and take hundreds of kids with them. Not saying this couldn't happen because I do think they had some mental health issues going on, but it seems extreme to me even for Eric and Dylan and all the harm they caused.
It seems on any account they decided that after the van arrest on January 30 and by the end of April 1998. I'm not at all confident  bullying was such a motive, but if it was, it seems to me it has to be born of junior year. You probably know more about Rocky and the like than I do, but I would suggest it is more often seniors who bully underclassmen more than juniors bully sophomores or something like that.  Also of their actions during the massacre, which often seem to me more important than stories relayed after and affected by it, that quote in the library seems particular salient to the case, and for better or worse just seems to me portrayed incorrectly.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 79172
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Yes I wrote the article for FHM... ask away...   Yes I wrote the article for FHM... ask away... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 4:09 am

Here is a post from Randy, which speaks for itself on the significance of that (likely incorrect) four years quote to the bullying narrative:

"I worked with Peter Langman for a long time. I got him contacts, gave him information and talked with him. He wrote his book and ignored just about everything we told him. He had an agenda. I was very disappointed.

Again, I strongly recommend reading Lonnie Athens, James Gilligan, Garbarino, deBecker and others. In those books you can learn the causes behind school shootings.

When you read them you will see it, you will feel it. They hold the truths to the reasons for school shootings.

If you kick a dog around long enough, it will fight back. Columbine was an abusive school. “This is for what you have put us through for four years.”

There are reasons. Learn them. Learn them for yourselves."
Back to top Go down
SusyJP

Contribution Points : 25075
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Yes I wrote the article for FHM... ask away...   Yes I wrote the article for FHM... ask away... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2022 8:57 pm

Hi Reznor. You said:

Reznor wrote:
The article was featured in the September 2004 issue

I have this issue and there is no Columbine article inside. Where did you hear it was in this issue? I'm wondering because I can't find it in the entirety of 2004 issues at all, nor 2003, nor 2005.

Does anyone have this issue of FHM who can verify where it really came from?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yes I wrote the article for FHM... ask away...   Yes I wrote the article for FHM... ask away... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yes I wrote the article for FHM... ask away...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2