Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116

Go down 
+6
Ligeya
Screamingophelia
madehuman
Carnifex879
NeedaHaircut
Kerea2244
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 123650
Forum Reputation : 40

Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 Empty
PostSubject: Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116   Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 5:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Contribution Points : 48205

PostSubject: Re: Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116   Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 5:41 pm

When did this happen? And can someone explain what it means like I'm stupid?
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 68247
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116   Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 5:49 pm

That's fucking bullshit. That's almost 100 years from now. By then, I'm sure most people will hardly care about Columbine, and we'll all be dead.

Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 123650

PostSubject: Re: Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116   Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 5:57 pm

Carnifex879 wrote:
That's fucking bullshit. That's almost 100 years from now. By then, I'm sure most people will hardly care about Columbine, and we'll all be dead.

This is the same police department who didn't do shit and fucking stood outside when 13 people were getting murdered

Liardman64 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 68247
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116   Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 6:00 pm

Kerea2244 wrote:
Carnifex879 wrote:

This is the same police department who didn't do shit and fucking stood outside when 13 people were getting murdered
Of course. It's not a surprise, but it fucking sucks.

PostSubject: Re: Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116   Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 8:48 pm

They might as well say they're never releasing them. Putting an arbitrary date a hundred years in the future is dumbfoundingly obtuse.
Back to top Go down
madehuman

madehuman

Contribution Points : 34559
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116   Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 9:58 pm

I could theoretically still be alive then. I'd be 118 years old, but I'll try to hold out that long out of pure spite against Jeffco.

Icon by oatsyrup

Onyx and Ligeya like this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116   Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 10:20 pm

Could it be a typo?? That seems really odd.

That is 119 years from the day of the shooting.

Lavitax likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116   Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 10:22 pm

Also I think the depositions are different than the litigation files...

Contribution Points : 42424
Forum Reputation : 53

PostSubject: Re: Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116   Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 11:09 pm

What is litigation files? I never heard this term in context of Columbine.

WhereHaveYouBeen likes this post

Back to top Go down
khscarymovie4part4

Contribution Points : 42106

PostSubject: Re: Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116   Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 11:29 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

I would be a little suprised if it's a typo, as whoever wrote the year would have had to of messed up twice. Unless the litigation files were released in 2016 and we are unaware of that fact which is unlikely.

I wonder how the hell they got that number. Like what's the significance of releaseing it 117 years after the event?

Anyway I will be 114, and some other memebers on here also seem to be under the end all of age of 122 so hey maybe we can still find new evidence a century on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116   Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 12:12 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

I was just about to ask. The Harrises depositions are sealed until 2027, right? Correct me if I'm wrong. I am not going to elaborate what I think is going on here, as the opinion would more than likely be ridiculed, but over a hundred years? Gimme a break! Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 2476193534
Back to top Go down
GrayFox

GrayFox

Contribution Points : 35150

PostSubject: Re: Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116   Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 12:29 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

Courts/judges/whoever is involved, can give absolutely stupid 'sentences' for criminals and files and whatnot."250 years in prison" as a sentence makes absolutely zero sense also.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yes, the Harris's depositions are sealed until 2027 and I thought that this is what the thread was about.

Correct me if I am wrong though, anyone, but the litigation files should be those of which contain case files and information with regards to (and certainly not limited to) the victims families suing the gunmen's parents. etc.

EyebrownSonSun

Contribution Points : 37576

PostSubject: Re: Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116   Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 1:20 pm

wh--- wha--- thE fUCK, maN, are they serious? that's just bullshit...

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116   Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 3:39 pm

GrayFox wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Courts/judges/whoever is involved, can give absolutely stupid 'sentences' for criminals and files and whatnot."250 years in prison" as a sentence makes absolutely zero sense also.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yes, the Harris's depositions are sealed until 2027 and I thought that this is what the thread was about.

Correct me if I am wrong though, anyone, but the litigation files should be those of which contain case files and information with regards to (and certainly not limited to) the victims families suing the gunmen's parents. etc.

Good point!! James Holmes is sentenced for I think 3,000 years in prison...

Contribution Points : 36756

PostSubject: Re: Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116   Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 5:23 pm

Ligeya wrote:
What is litigation files? I never heard this term in context of Columbine.

Lawsuits. Everyone was suing each other in the aftermath of the shooting.

WhereHaveYouBeen likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116   Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Verse wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I was just about to ask. The Harrises depositions are sealed until 2027, right? Correct me if I'm wrong. I am not going to elaborate what I think is going on here, as the opinion would more than likely be ridiculed, but over a hundred years? Gimme a break! Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 2476193534

The depositions would be separate I believe, so I think they are still coming out in 2027, which is still odd to me, considering the families, including Sue wanted them released right away!

Though there was a quote from Lauren's mom saying she still didn't get answers and no closer to understanding WHY Eric and Dylan did it... but I always think, would there be anything they could say to make the death of Lauren make sense?

madehuman

Contribution Points : 34559

PostSubject: Re: Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116   Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 5:46 pm

I can only guess that in 2016 they decided to seal the files for 100 years. I don't know why that would've happened then, though.

Icon by oatsyrup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116   Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 3:15 am

2116?

WHAT,

THE,

FUCK!!!

I'LL BE DEAD! Man seriously fuck you JeffCo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116   Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 3:59 pm

I like to imagine they just smack the "enter" button on an unrestricted RNG and whatever number shows up is the number of years before they decide to release Columbine-related documents to the public. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116   Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Columbine litigation files have been restricted until 2116
Page 1 of 1