Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Luvox and side effects

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Luvox and side effects Empty
PostSubject: Luvox and side effects   Luvox and side effects Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 4:22 pm

Lately, I have seen that they say that luvox can cause several side effects, but none "too" dangerous, I have not investigated much the case of Mark Taylor but I know that he has spoken that luvox was a danger or something like that. What do you think? from this? Do you think luvox can have dangerous side effects? Do you think it could have affected Eric Harris in some way or another? Luvox had been found in his autopsy, although I don't think this had an influence on the massacre, but if I'm interested in knowing what side effects this and other antidepressants could have and if they have effects that may be more dangerous than those shown
Back to top Go down
Luci

Luci

Contribution Points : 39303
Forum Reputation : 68

PostSubject: Re: Luvox and side effects   Luvox and side effects Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 5:21 pm

It depends, a good amount of Luvox would have to be in his digestive system long enough for the Luvox's side effects to kick in. Mostly, anti-depressants do not cause mass shootings as the shooters' homicidal fantasies and anger have been brewing for a long time, but there might be a few cases of anti-depressants being the main cause.

“There isn’t an open sky or endless field to be found where I reside, not is there light or salvation to be discovered. Right about now I feel as low as I ever have. So fucking naive man, so fucking naive. Always expecting change when I know nothing ever changes… I sacrifice no more for others, part of me has fucking died and I hate this shit. I’m living every mans nightmare and that single fact alone is kicking my ass.”
-Jeff Weise
Back to top Go down
theartofwar

theartofwar

Contribution Points : 34107
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Luvox and side effects   Luvox and side effects Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 8:27 pm

if one took too many pills, it could affect their judgement in some way, although it depends on the person and their personal reaction. eric took his regular dosage in order to combat ocd and depression if i remember correctly. he was prescribed zoloft/luvox around january '98, after the van incident, if i remember correctly, and while it could have played a part, i don't believe it would have made much of a difference in his judgement, with a low dosage, and the violent consistency that his writing shows.

Luci likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luvox and side effects   Luvox and side effects Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 8:41 pm

I think in most cases of mass shootings being tied to anti-depressants it's a case of correlation does not equal causation. Sure, there might've been some lesser side effects with the dosage he was perscribed, but nothing that would prompt him to go on a murderous rampage.
Back to top Go down
Luci

Luci

Contribution Points : 39303
Forum Reputation : 68

PostSubject: Re: Luvox and side effects   Luvox and side effects Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 9:10 pm

pluviam wrote:
I think in most cases of mass shootings being tied to anti-depressants it's a case of correlation does not equal causation. Sure, there might've been some lesser side effects with the dosage he was perscribed, but nothing that would prompt him to go on a murderous rampage.

Exactly. The shooters' homicidal thoughts began way before they were perscribed the anti depressants. It really didn't change their thoughts too much, if not make them worse.

“There isn’t an open sky or endless field to be found where I reside, not is there light or salvation to be discovered. Right about now I feel as low as I ever have. So fucking naive man, so fucking naive. Always expecting change when I know nothing ever changes… I sacrifice no more for others, part of me has fucking died and I hate this shit. I’m living every mans nightmare and that single fact alone is kicking my ass.”
-Jeff Weise
Back to top Go down
GrayFox

GrayFox

Contribution Points : 34425
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Luvox and side effects   Luvox and side effects Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2020 1:26 am

This has been discussed a little more in another thread that I made [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In Eric's case, we will never know for sure what he was doing with this medication. Taking more pills AKA increasing the dosage is generally not dangerous in terms of mindset (increased dosage can have affects on the cardiovascular system). It's when the medication isn't taken consistently or dropped suddenly that it becomes dangerous.

As for the homicidal/suicidal thoughts, whether they were there or not before-hand isn't really the issue. The issue is that the SSRI's were not working as intended, could be for a number of reasons as to why (environment for example), and to not get too technical and turn this into lecture, Eric showed signs of impulsive aggressive behaviour and was easily irritated. These are side-effects of certain SSRI's including Luvox. There were a number of factors as to why Eric showed these personality traits and they may not be interlinked but I would not dismiss them if he was a patient of mine.

PostSubject: Re: Luvox and side effects   Luvox and side effects Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luvox and side effects
Page 1 of 1