Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
emanresu
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 48483
Forum Reputation : 275

Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals? Empty
PostSubject: Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals?   Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 1:10 pm

In this article:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

it states that they did so. Does any one know?

- a text from Nancy Lanza, 4 days before her son committed the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DF978

DF978

Contribution Points : 7767
Forum Reputation : 5

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals?   Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 5:22 pm

Eric cared a lot about his dog from what I read, he took off work to take care of his dog when the dog was sick.

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 159187
Forum Reputation : 1088

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals?   Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 6:18 pm

I think that became a rumor because usually kids who are violent have a history of abusing animals, but I have to be honest I highly doubt Eric would. He liked animals more than people and Dylan was a bit afraid of bigger dogs, he was afraid of Devon's. So I can see him being indifferent but not abusive.

lognifiiskurk

lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 17474
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals?   Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 6:29 pm

Eric loved his dog and Dylan loved his two cats, so I doubt they would have done. Eric also states that he hates animal abusers in one of his 'Y'know what I hate?!' rants.

margaflor likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
margaflor

margaflor

Contribution Points : 18022
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals?   Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 8:58 pm

They both have animals and they loved them very much as the previous comment said, I know that Dylan had a cat and if I remember correctly I think he had other animals before but I don't remember which one.

Carnifex879 and lognifiiskurk like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 159187
Forum Reputation : 1088

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals?   Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2021 9:53 am

I think Dylan had birds too. Sue talks about the birds in her book.

Kinkeloukaitis

Kinkeloukaitis

Contribution Points : 12362
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals?   Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2021 3:57 pm

Nope. I even think that Eric and Dylan were among those who preferred animals to humans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
margaflor

margaflor

Contribution Points : 18022
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals?   Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2021 4:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Nope. I even think that Eric and Dylan were among those who preferred animals to humans.
Very true. Eric talked about how the world should belong to animals and not humans

Kinkeloukaitis likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carnifex879
Top 10 Contributor
Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 35169
Forum Reputation : 187

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals?   Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2021 8:15 pm

I think that became a rumor because usually kids who are violent have a history of abusing animals, but I have to be honest I highly doubt Eric would. He liked animals more than people and Dylan was a bit afraid of bigger dogs, he was afraid of Devon's. So I can see him being indifferent but not abusive.

I tend to find that animal abuse is more common in serial killers and many violent psychopaths. Eric and Dylan weren’t psychopaths, even though they were homicidal. The majority of killers, usually single and mass killers are non-psychopathic and driven by a motive rather than an urge to kill like serial killers.

A world that dies
Poor, lepers, half-deceased
Death is coming over me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan

Contribution Points : 91502
Forum Reputation : 190

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals?   Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 1:01 am

They weren't psychopathic. They were mentally ill.

Akknowslife likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 30780
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals?   Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 7:29 pm

In this article:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

it states that they did so. Does any one know?

There’s PLENTY of non-sociopaths that have committed murder. Yea, it is possible to have empathy and still be willing to kill certain people, given specific circumstances. I’m sorry, but if anyone really thinks Eric and Dylan have the diagnosis that is known as *sociopathy*, you’re a complete fucking idiot. Do your research on what a sociopath is, what Eric and Dylan were, and you should come to your conclusions.
It’s worth mentioning, serial killers VS mass shooters are two VERY different breeds. And most of the time, serial killers are sociopaths and mass shooters aren’t.
This is really a whole discussion in of itself, but a serial killers kills purely for psychological pleasure, usually doesn’t even know there victims. It’s not personal AT ALL. For a lot of mass shooters, it’s very personal. And even if not, they choose a specific location and make it a big spectacle for the world to see, and forfeit there lives to either suicide, death by police, or life in prison. A sociopath serial killer doesn’t want that AT ALL. They usually are fathers and husbands, have successful jobs, live completely double lives, while they secretly murder dozens for decades. Usually there family and friends are SHOCKED and say they were normal good people. They don’t want anyone to know to get away with it, they won’t shoot up a school in broad daylight for the world to see. They’ll sneak out of there house at 3am, break into someone’s house and kill them, return home before there family wakes up... no one knows and they completely get away with it.

A mass shooter is usually isolated, bullied, and suffers from some sort of mental illness.

Again, usually serial killers are sociopaths and mass shooters aren’t. And the two groups of people are COMPLETELY different.

Sociopath serial killers examples are Ted Bundy, John Wayne gacy, Jack the Ripper, the green river killer, the list goes on and on.

Non-sociopath mass shooters are Eric, Dylan, Nikolas Cruz, seung hui Cho, Adam Lanza. Again the list goes on and on.

If you ignorantly mistake the two, or anything otherwise, this massive paragraph should be a good education for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark

QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 82271
Forum Reputation : 2898

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals?   Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals? Icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:07 pm

Non-sociopath mass shooters are Eric, Dylan, Nikolas Cruz, seung hui Cho, Adam Lanza.

Would like to mention here just so that other people get a better picture: Cruz tortured and killed animals on more than one occasion and bragged about doing so to multiple people. IDK if Cruz is a psychopath or not, but if torturing animals is not usual behavior for mass murderers then I think that's significant.

View user profile

Did Eric and dylan abuse any animals?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: