Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Luci
Top Contributor
Luci

Contribution Points : 16321
Forum Reputation : 18

Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum? Empty
PostSubject: Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum?   Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2021 6:33 pm

Basically what the title says.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum?   Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 12:36 am

I think the old forum was more active.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 165958
Forum Reputation : 1088

PostSubject: Re: Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum?   Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 9:28 am

I wonder if it correlates with more information coming out?

When Sue's book came out there was a large surge.

With more and more people becoming interested in the case there is always a surge and then a lull.

Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 44351
Forum Reputation : 227
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum?   Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 2:06 pm

Unfortunately no. The old forum had over 13,000 members in 2012 (which I found surprising) while this one has just over 1,600 or so. But at least we have a handful of good, active members.

View user profile
Koltin
Off Topic Moderator, Discord Admin & Top Contributor
Koltin

Contribution Points : 79529
Forum Reputation : 79

PostSubject: Re: Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum?   Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 9:13 am

@Carnifex879 wrote:
Unfortunately no. The old forum had over 13,000 members in 2012 (which I found surprising) while this one has just over 1,600 or so. But at least we have a handful of good, active members.
At the moment, we got around 1900 members, I wonder how it was with 13,000. Guessing it was something like our forum..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 93743
Forum Reputation : 774

PostSubject: Re: Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum?   Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 10:55 am

That is because I delete inactive accounts. Danny never did that which is why his forum accumulated over 13 thousand members. If you look at the newest user here, they are user number 9,207. So if I didn't delete inactive accounts, we'd have 9,207 members right now.

Just for fun:

@DF978 is user 8,722.
@9mmtomyhead is user 9,016.
@Screamingophelia is user 3,853.
@Carnifex879 is user 6,298.
@Koltin is user 299.
@Jenn is user 1.

Koltin, QuestionMark, Carnifex879, Ligeya, lognifiiskurk, Luci and Employer_Square like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koltin
Koltin

PostSubject: Re: Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum?   Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 11:08 am

@Jenn wrote:
That is because I delete inactive accounts. Danny never did that which is why his forum accumulated over 13 thousand members. If you look at the newest user here, they are user number 9,207. So if I didn't delete inactive accounts, we'd have 9,207 members right now.

Just for fun:

@DF978 is user 8,722.
@Koltin is user 299.
@Jenn is user 1.
Weren't you admin on the old forum, if so how many active average user did the forum have?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum?   Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 11:31 am

I was surprised to why I got tagged. LOL
Back to top Go down
Luci
Top Contributor
Luci

PostSubject: Re: Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum?   Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 2:05 pm

@Koltin wrote:
@Carnifex879 wrote:
At the moment, we got around 1900 members, I wonder how it was with 13,000. Guessing it was something like our forum..

When looking through the internet archives I found some threads archived- and the forum seemed to look like it was possibly more active than this one:
https://web.archive.org/web/20090329041208/http://www.columbinegame.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=1031&sid=5cd80cde4010d3738c3178f9874d0b5b

Damn besides AL it seemed like a nostalgic and fun community then- I wonder what happened to some of the large contributors there or if they are active here(I know Jenn and LPorter used to be members of the old forum).

“There isn’t an open sky or endless field to be found where I reside, not is there light or salvation to be discovered. Right about now I feel as low as I ever have. So fucking naive man, so fucking naive. Always expecting change when I know nothing ever changes… I sacrifice no more for others, part of me has fucking died and I hate this shit. I’m living every mans nightmare and that single fact alone is kicking my ass.”
-Jeff Weise
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koltin
Koltin

PostSubject: Re: Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum?   Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 3:08 pm

DF978 wrote:
@Koltin wrote:
@Carnifex879 wrote:

When looking through the internet archives I found some threads archived- and the forum seemed to look like it was possibly more active than this one:
https://web.archive.org/web/20090329041208/http://www.columbinegame.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=1031&sid=5cd80cde4010d3738c3178f9874d0b5b

Damn besides AL it seemed like a nostalgic and fun community then- I wonder what happened to some of the large contributors there or if they are active here(I know Jenn and LPorter used to be members of the old forum).
Looks like Sabratha was in the old forum also.

MilverSoxie likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum?   Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 3:25 am

@Koltin wrote:
@Jenn wrote:

Just for fun:

@DF978 is user 8,722.
@Koltin is user 299.
@Jenn is user 1.
Weren't you admin on the old forum, if so how many active average user did the forum have?
I was in the process of taking over the forum from Danny when he decided to give it to another user instead. It's a long drawn-out story but to make it short, he gave it to her and she switched it to Shocked Beyond Belief and kept it open for like 6 months and then completely closed it down and deleted it.

I tried like hell to get a backup of it, I tried to offer her money for it, I tried the best I could to save it but nope she wouldn't budge on it. The entire thing was lost. 8 years of research, discussions, opinions, debates, etc. The entire thing just gone. So that's when I decided to just start over. I opened this forum. It took me about 2 days to edit the layout and then I opened it to the public. I literally started with nothing. 1 user and 0 posts.

As for the members there. It was a mob mentality, honestly. There was a core group of users (bullies) and if they didn't like you or you didn't kiss their ass, they bullied you. And Danny had this "Freedom of Speech" policy that users could basically say and do whatever they wanted. Unless it was against him, of course.

Honestly, I'd say the activity level and regular members were about the same on both my forum and Danny's forum. There are quite a few members here that were members there. Some kept the same names and some didn't.

It sucks that we lost the other forum but I'm grateful for the forum that we all built here. We have the best members here.

QuestionMark and Employer_Square like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luci
Top Contributor
Luci

PostSubject: Re: Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum?   Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 9:39 am

@Jenn wrote:
@Koltin wrote:
@Jenn wrote:

Just for fun:

@DF978 is user 8,722.
@Koltin is user 299.
@Jenn is user 1.
I was in the process of taking over the forum from Danny when he decided to give it to another user instead. It's a long drawn-out story but to make it short, he gave it to her and she switched it to Shocked Beyond Belief and kept it open for like 6 months and then completely closed it down and deleted it.

I tried like hell to get a backup of it, I tried to offer her money for it, I tried the best I could to save it but nope she wouldn't budge on it. The entire thing was lost. 8 years of research, discussions, opinions, debates, etc. The entire thing just gone. So that's when I decided to just start over. I opened this forum. It took me about 2 days to edit the layout and then I opened it to the public. I literally started with nothing. 1 user and 0 posts.

As for the members there. It was a mob mentality, honestly. There was a core group of users (bullies) and if they didn't like you or you didn't kiss their ass, they bullied you. And Danny had this "Freedom of Speech" policy that users could basically say and do whatever they wanted. Unless it was against him, of course.

Honestly, I'd say the activity level and regular members were about the same on both my forum and Danny's forum. There are quite a few members here that were members there. Some kept the same names and some didn't.

It sucks that we lost the other forum but I'm grateful for the forum that we all built here. We have the best members here.

Is there a reason why the person who Danny gave it too shut it down- or at the least called it SBB?

“There isn’t an open sky or endless field to be found where I reside, not is there light or salvation to be discovered. Right about now I feel as low as I ever have. So fucking naive man, so fucking naive. Always expecting change when I know nothing ever changes… I sacrifice no more for others, part of me has fucking died and I hate this shit. I’m living every mans nightmare and that single fact alone is kicking my ass.”
-Jeff Weise
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum?   Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 4:04 pm

DF978 wrote:
@Jenn wrote:
@Koltin wrote:
@Jenn wrote:

Just for fun:

@DF978 is user 8,722.
@Koltin is user 299.
@Jenn is user 1.

Is there a reason why the person who Danny gave it too shut it down- or at the least called it SBB?
She called it Shocked Beyond Belief because Eric said on the basement tapes that his parents are just going to be "shocked beyond belief" when they find out what he's done.

She claimed to close it down because there were too many "crazy people on there" and she didn't have time for it.

emanresu, Carnifex879 and Employer_Square like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Was this forum ever as big or active as the old forum?
Page 1 of 1