Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?

Go down 
+2
fast200
Mr Bubbless
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Bubbless
Top Contributor
Mr Bubbless

Contribution Points : 39171
Forum Reputation : 731

Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting? Empty
PostSubject: Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?   Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 8:21 am

[REDACTED]

Last edited by Mr Bubbless on Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?   Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 9:31 am

I think he found them cute, or just wanted to use them in the bath. That's what I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?   Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 12:02 pm

I did not know this, I think I agree that it could have been an outbreak, maybe he did it irrationally and did not even think about what he was going to buy. Is very strange ...
Back to top Go down
fast200

Contribution Points : 31841
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?   Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2021 3:54 pm

I don't think he was psychotic. Mailing the package, blocking entrances to the builing, etc... His actions seem too organized for someone psychotic.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bubbless
Top Contributor
Mr Bubbless

PostSubject: Re: Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?   Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 8:36 am

[REDACTED]

Last edited by Mr Bubbless on Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Carnifex879 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?   Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 9:04 am

Actually, from what I understand a behavior of    psychotic people is  impulsively buying large quantities of things or very expensive things.  I am not saying 100% that it is psychotic, but I think many things suggest that Cho could have been.  As mentioned above, not all psychotic people act in the same way, but I see in Cho a pre-eminent, as was also said, disconnection from reality, or false reality. Sorry if im wrong
Back to top Go down
Mr Bubbless
Top Contributor
Mr Bubbless

PostSubject: Re: Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?   Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2021 7:13 am

[REDACTED]

Last edited by Mr Bubbless on Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?   Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2021 8:36 pm

Mr Bubbless wrote:
margaflor wrote:
Actually, from what I understand a behavior of    psychotic people is  impulsively buying large quantities of things or very expensive things.  I am not saying 100% that it is psychotic, but I think many things suggest that Cho could have been.  As mentioned above, not all psychotic people act in the same way, but I see in Cho a pre-eminent, as was also said, disconnection from reality, or false reality. Sorry if im wrong

No you're pretty much spot on, from what I've heard, the attitudes towards Schizophrenia are similar to what we've seen with autism, seeing it as a spectrum of symptoms and diagnoses rather than a set disorder.

Ooh yes, I have heard about that, at first I thought that it only manifested itself in children but the more I investigated I read that the symptoms can be similar at any age.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97590
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?   Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 3:24 am

Just an idea: Did he perhaps take the ducks to a gun range to use for target practice? Or at least planned to have done so?

margaflor wrote:
Actually, from what I understand a behavior of    psychotic people is  impulsively buying large quantities of things or very expensive things.  I am not saying 100% that it is psychotic, but I think many things suggest that Cho could have been.  As mentioned above, not all psychotic people act in the same way, but I see in Cho a pre-eminent, as was also said, disconnection from reality, or false reality. Sorry if im wrong

Not really. "Psychotic" just means experiencing delusions, hallucinations, seeing things that aren't there, hearing voices in your head etc.
So "psychotic" is not a single disorder, rather these are really symptoms present in many different individual disorders.

Compulsive purchases of weird objects is not something typically associated with psychotic episodes, but it can happen. Example:
"L.Ron Hubbard is communicating telepathically with me and he told me I need to buy this car, so I bought it"

So perhaps some of the weird  things Cho did were in fact linked to his delusions, but we just have no way of knowing for sure.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland

Koltin and Mr Bubbless like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?   Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 6:44 am

Sabratha wrote:
Just an idea: Did he perhaps take the ducks to a gun range to use for target practice? Or at least planned to have done so?

margaflor wrote:
Actually, from what I understand a behavior of    psychotic people is  impulsively buying large quantities of things or very expensive things.  I am not saying 100% that it is psychotic, but I think many things suggest that Cho could have been.  As mentioned above, not all psychotic people act in the same way, but I see in Cho a pre-eminent, as was also said, disconnection from reality, or false reality. Sorry if im wrong

Not really. "Psychotic" just means experiencing delusions, hallucinations, seeing things that aren't there, hearing voices in your head etc.
So "psychotic" is not a single disorder, rather these are really symptoms present in many different individual disorders.

Compulsive purchases of weird objects is not something typically associated with psychotic episodes, but it can happen. Example:
"L.Ron Hubbard is communicating telepathically with me and he told me I need to buy this car, so I bought it"

So perhaps some of the weird  things Cho did were in fact linked to his delusions, but we just have no way of knowing for sure.
Oooh thanks for explaining, if I think I was referring to "psychotic" wrong.  Like you said, I think it was introduced by disconnections from reality or delusions.  I also believe that this massive purchase of ducklings could have occurred due to some kind of disconnection from reality, although it is not known for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?   Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 6:59 am

margaflor wrote:
I also believe that this massive purchase of ducklings could have occurred due to some kind of disconnection from reality, although it is not known for sure.

My first idea was more mundane (cheap object for target practice), but it is entirely possible that he thought Jesus is telling him to buy them or something equally delusional. * shrug *

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?   Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 7:02 am

Sabratha wrote:
margaflor wrote:
I also believe that this massive purchase of ducklings could have occurred due to some kind of disconnection from reality, although it is not known for sure.

My first idea was more mundane (cheap object for target practice), but it is entirely possible that he thought Jesus is telling him to buy them or something equally delusional. * shrug *

My first thought was the same, but now that I think about it it wouldn't be strange to think it was a message from Jesus or something Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mr Bubbless
Top Contributor
Mr Bubbless

PostSubject: Re: Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?   Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 7:18 am

margaflor wrote:
Sabratha wrote:
margaflor wrote:

My first thought was the same, but now that I think about it it wouldn't be strange to think it was a message from Jesus or something Laughing

Considering his obsession with comparing himself with Jesus, I wouldn't be surprised if he bought the ducks to sacrifice them to the great duck lord so he could enter heaven with them.

Koltin likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?   Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 7:37 am

Mr Bubbless wrote:
margaflor wrote:
Sabratha wrote:
margaflor wrote:

Considering his obsession with comparing himself with Jesus, I wouldn't be surprised if he bought the ducks to sacrifice them to the great duck lord so he could enter heaven with them.
It would be an interesting version of the Last Supper but with ducklings
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?   Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 9:22 am

Mr Bubbless wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if he bought the ducks to sacrifice them to the great duck lord so he could enter heaven with them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Koltin, Mr Bubbless and f0rgotten like this post

Back to top Go down
Mr Bubbless
Top Contributor
Mr Bubbless

PostSubject: Re: Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?   Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 8:33 am

Last edited by Mr Bubbless on Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?   Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 9:18 am

Sabratha wrote:
Mr Bubbless wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if he bought the ducks to sacrifice them to the great duck lord so he could enter heaven with them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now everything checks out. The ducks were behind Virginia tech, Cho was just one of his puppets to achieve world control.
Back to top Go down
Cemetery Jones

Contribution Points : 60880
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?   Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2021 7:14 am

Lol, love how you all sorted this out and came to the only logical conclusion.

But seriously, they may have has some meaning to him that we'll never understand. My thinking is maybe he saw people/society as rubber ducks. Like a version of that dreaded word 'sheeple'.

Blaze88 and Mr Bubbless like this post

Back to top Go down
Koltin
Off Topic Moderator, Discord Admin & Top Contributor
Koltin

Contribution Points : 104587
Forum Reputation : 143

PostSubject: Re: Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?   Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2021 7:41 am

Maybe he thought it was funny?

And destiny is proving to be absent from my life.
Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 60914
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?   Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting? Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2021 3:53 pm

Koltin wrote:
Maybe he thought it was funny?
If so he definitely had a strange sense of humour. Wouldn't suprise me considering all the other things he did before the shooting.

Mr Bubbless likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?   Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why did Seung Hui Cho buy dozens of rubber ducks before the shooting?
Page 1 of 1