Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unexpected facts about mass shooters:

Go down 
AuthorMessage
emanresu
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 55858
Forum Reputation : 300

Unexpected facts about mass shooters: Empty
PostSubject: Unexpected facts about mass shooters:   Unexpected facts about mass shooters: Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2021 10:22 am

Add your own, these are mine:

- nikolas cruz's 2019 IQ was average (although it was the worst possible score for being average "90").
- martin bryant had 3 girlfriends in his life and liked to have sex with them.
- seung hui cho once laughed with a classmate about the funny memories of their high school days.

- A deputy officer to his fellow comrades as they are about to ambush Stephen Paddock’s hotel room, 1 October 2017.

Kinkeloukaitis, Luci, qfwfq and f0rgotten like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kinkeloukaitis

Kinkeloukaitis

Contribution Points : 15236
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected facts about mass shooters:   Unexpected facts about mass shooters: Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2021 11:20 am

Wow Cho laughed, this info makes me happy

Luci likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dyonqqr
Top Contributor
dyonqqr

Contribution Points : 6071
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected facts about mass shooters:   Unexpected facts about mass shooters: Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2021 2:48 pm

Despite his anorexia, Adam Lanza had bookmarks about candy on his computer.
Charles Whitman was an Eagle Scout and played piano (on a similar note, Nathaniel Berhow was a Boy Scout.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
margaflor
Top Contributor
margaflor

Contribution Points : 26318
Forum Reputation : 160

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected facts about mass shooters:   Unexpected facts about mass shooters: Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2021 3:16 pm

Guilherme taucci mentioned in a tweet that if he had a better financial condition he would like to help institutions that care about the welfare and care of animals and that it was a hobby that he would like to adopt. Apparently he quite liked animals
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alex213
Top Contributor
Alex213

Contribution Points : 24928
Forum Reputation : 188

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected facts about mass shooters:   Unexpected facts about mass shooters: Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2021 4:01 pm

Randy Stair once said that he hated women (3 years before the shooting)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dyonqqr
Top Contributor
dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected facts about mass shooters:   Unexpected facts about mass shooters: Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 2:05 pm

More about animal lovers, kinda:
"[Anton Niclas Lundin] Pettersson was often described as an animal lover, but it appeared to be driven by anxiety concerning the animal’s welfare. He did not, for example, go fishing with his family because he felt sorry for the fish. He also refused to feed the family iguana with locusts, and the iguana eventually died."

Wellington Menezes de Oliveira's suicide note said, among other things:
"I have left a house in Sepetiba of which none of my family members need, there are poor institutions, financed by generous people who take care of abandoned animals, I want this space where I spent my last months to be donated to one of these institutions, because animals are very unappreciated beings and need much more protection and affection than human beings who have the advantage of being able to communicate, work to feed themselves, therefore, those who take my house, I please ask to have good sense and fulfill my request..."

It seems that for every attacker who engaged in animal cruelty, there's a few who saw in animals an empathy they did not see in humans.

margaflor likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
lognifiiskurk
Top Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 25097

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected facts about mass shooters:   Unexpected facts about mass shooters: Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 4:26 pm

Dylan Klebold volunteered at a daycare centre when he was a sophomore.

dyonqqr
Top Contributor
dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected facts about mass shooters:   Unexpected facts about mass shooters: Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 7:05 pm

Patrick Purdy, who shot up a school primarily consisting of Cambodian and Vietnamese immigrants, also hated America. He had "drawn an American flag inside a circle with a slash through the flag," and the Great Satan from his "Death to the Great Satin [sic]" on his jacket apparently referred to the US.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Dylan Klebold volunteered at a daycare centre when he was a sophomore.
That's one hell of a childhood memory to dredge up years later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
margaflor
Top Contributor
margaflor

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected facts about mass shooters:   Unexpected facts about mass shooters: Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 7:23 pm

Elliot rodger search history has weird things like "Nazi anime" "Did Hitler have a girlfriend" (that its not so unexpected about him) "Roomate takes very long showers" etc...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dyonqqr
Top Contributor
dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected facts about mass shooters:   Unexpected facts about mass shooters: Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2021 1:43 pm

Charles Whitman was very good with kids, despite being childless. A child actually wandered into his garage as he was preparing for his attack: he gave the kid the barrel he just sawed off of a shotgun as a toy. [Source: A Sniper In The Tower by Gary M. Lavergne.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
margaflor
Top Contributor
margaflor

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected facts about mass shooters:   Unexpected facts about mass shooters: Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2021 3:20 pm

Others with guilherme taucci and love for the animals:

Returning to his love of animals, Guilherme also had an appreciation for nature.  I remember in a tweet he complained about people who killed animals.  On his Twitter he followed a "Pet lovers" account.

Kip kinkel was part of a prison basketball group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
margaflor
Top Contributor
margaflor

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected facts about mass shooters:   Unexpected facts about mass shooters: Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2021 3:27 pm

Not a mass shooter, but Timothy Mcveigh worked as a babysitter in his youth. The children he takes care of describe him as "he was very funny, the best babysitter I ever had" also that he brought plastic aliens and it took hours to place them on the walls to make games, like wars among other things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dyonqqr
Top Contributor
dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected facts about mass shooters:   Unexpected facts about mass shooters: Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 1:31 pm

I found Eric Houston's behavior during the attack surprising.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
dyonqqr
Top Contributor
dyonqqr

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected facts about mass shooters:   Unexpected facts about mass shooters: Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:33 pm

Charles Whitman donated blood at least six times.
Also, his hobbies included karate and scuba diving.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
margaflor
Top Contributor
margaflor

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected facts about mass shooters:   Unexpected facts about mass shooters: Icon_minitimeToday at 12:47 am

Eric Harris said that the most important aspect of someone's personality to him was compassion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Unexpected facts about mass shooters:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Other Mass Shootings-