Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Why do you prefer?

Go down 
+9
QuestionMark
MellonCollie
42099_4EVA
Marco1211
Jenn
TheFragile
Juicy Jazzy
Mj2beat
JayJay
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest




Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 2:37 pm

Eric over Dylan or Dylan over Eric? From the poll I made it seems more people favor Dylan. What reasons do you have to favor one over the other?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 3:11 pm

Dylan's my easier click in terms of relatability. Eric's been a struggle to comprehend from day one. My vote to Dylan was not one out of favour or preference, but more of a "I don't want to kick him in the shins so regularly as I do Eric".  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 4:53 pm

thedragonrampant wrote:
Dylan's my easier click in terms of relatability. Eric's been a struggle to comprehend from day one. My vote to Dylan was not one out of favour or preference, but more of a "I don't want to kick him in the shins so regularly as I do Eric".  Laughing 

 LOL 

Haha. Agreed! Couldn't have put this better myself..
Back to top Go down
JayJay




Posts : 265
Contribution Points : 96839
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-28
Location : At the library

Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 11:43 pm

Stephen wrote:
Eric over Dylan or Dylan over Eric? From the poll I made it seems more people favor Dylan. What reasons do you have to favor one over the other?

Prefering a person is not the same as relating better to him, though. By the way, for some reason I find myself unable to answer your question which ever way it's phrased, and the harder I think about it the more pointless it seems to try.

_________________
"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat




Posts : 409
Contribution Points : 94979
Forum Reputation : 24
Join date : 2013-12-20
Age : 29
Location : A dark hole from the universe

Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 12:15 am

I don't prefer any of them but I voted for Dylan because I find myself more relate to him and I find him more interesting. Is not that I find him attractive or something, but his personality is very similar to my personality and maybe for that reason I understand him a bit more than I understand Eric, even though he has some mysterious things that I still try to know more about and also understand, and thats for me what makes him more interesting of both. I am interested in both personalities and I try to figure out things about both of them but in the end, Dylan catch more my attention.

_________________
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 1:19 am

JayJay wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Eric over Dylan or Dylan over Eric? From the poll I made it seems more people favor Dylan. What reasons do you have to favor one over the other?

Prefering a person is not the same as relating better to him, though. By the way, for some reason I find myself unable to answer your question which ever way it's phrased, and the harder I think about it the more pointless it seems to try.

But wouldn't one most likely favor the one they relate to? So if you picked Dylan for one wouldn't it be most likely you would pick Dylan for the other?

And I think I just confused myself! Shocked 
Back to top Go down
JayJay




Posts : 265
Contribution Points : 96839
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-28
Location : At the library

Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 1:36 am

Stephen wrote:
JayJay wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Eric over Dylan or Dylan over Eric? From the poll I made it seems more people favor Dylan. What reasons do you have to favor one over the other?

Prefering a person is not the same as relating better to him, though. By the way, for some reason I find myself unable to answer your question which ever way it's phrased, and the harder I think about it the more pointless it seems to try.

But wouldn't one most likely favor the one they relate to? So if you picked Dylan for one wouldn't it be most likely you would pick Dylan for the other?

And I think I just confused myself! Shocked 

Maybe I can relate to one more because it's easier to understand his personality but prefer the other one because he appears more complex and more compelling? I could like one better because he's more ''likeable'' and like the other in a different way because he's more fascinating or hard to comprehend.

I think maybe Dylan gets the votes because he appears more likeable at first and more relatable in his depressive and ''woe-is-me'' traits. But Eric is very complex and compelling under his raw anger so, it's possible to ''prefer'' him for those reasons.

However, I wouldn't prefer any of them in front of me with their guns on the day of the shooting because the result would be the same.

_________________
"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy


Posts : 512
Contribution Points : 98444
Forum Reputation : 21
Join date : 2013-09-03

Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 2:55 am

Dylan reminds me so much of myself, when I was his age. I can relate somewhat to a lot of his issues. I guess that's why I favour him more. It doesn't however make his actions on April 20 any less horrible.
Back to top Go down
TheFragile




Posts : 64
Contribution Points : 96959
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-15
Age : 33
Location : BCN

Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 2:16 pm

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Dylan reminds me so much of myself, when I was his age. I can relate somewhat to a lot of his issues. I guess that's why I favour him more. It doesn't however make his actions on April 20 any less horrible.

The same for me. Although, I wasn't desperate for my true love XD.

_________________
"Night descends, could I have been a better person? If I could only do it all again."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:25 pm

JayJay wrote:
Stephen wrote:
JayJay wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Eric over Dylan or Dylan over Eric? From the poll I made it seems more people favor Dylan. What reasons do you have to favor one over the other?

Prefering a person is not the same as relating better to him, though. By the way, for some reason I find myself unable to answer your question which ever way it's phrased, and the harder I think about it the more pointless it seems to try.

But wouldn't one most likely favor the one they relate to? So if you picked Dylan for one wouldn't it be most likely you would pick Dylan for the other?

And I think I just confused myself! Shocked 

Maybe I can relate to one more because it's easier to understand his personality but prefer the other one because he appears more complex and more compelling? I could like one better because he's more ''likeable'' and like the other in a different way because he's more fascinating or hard to comprehend.

I think maybe Dylan gets the votes because he appears more likeable at first and more relatable in his depressive and ''woe-is-me'' traits. But Eric is very complex and compelling under his raw anger so, it's possible to ''prefer'' him for those reasons.

However, I wouldn't prefer any of them in front of me with their guns on the day of the shooting because the result would be the same.

I'm not debating with you no more! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 3:47 am

I prefer Eric than Dylan. I find him more intriguing and fascinating to understand. I love his sense of humor in a lot of his writings which always makes me crack up such as his you know what I hate, his love for animals and there were a lot of times when he could be really sweet. I find him more attractive of the two and feel more sympathy for Eric and his family because of how terribly he was portrayed in the aftermath. Sad
Back to top Go down
JayJay




Posts : 265
Contribution Points : 96839
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-28
Location : At the library

Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 7:04 am

Stephen wrote:
JayJay wrote:
Stephen wrote:
JayJay wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Eric over Dylan or Dylan over Eric? From the poll I made it seems more people favor Dylan. What reasons do you have to favor one over the other?

Prefering a person is not the same as relating better to him, though. By the way, for some reason I find myself unable to answer your question which ever way it's phrased, and the harder I think about it the more pointless it seems to try.

But wouldn't one most likely favor the one they relate to? So if you picked Dylan for one wouldn't it be most likely you would pick Dylan for the other?

And I think I just confused myself! Shocked 

Maybe I can relate to one more because it's easier to understand his personality but prefer the other one because he appears more complex and more compelling? I could like one better because he's more ''likeable'' and like the other in a different way because he's more fascinating or hard to comprehend.

I think maybe Dylan gets the votes because he appears more likeable at first and more relatable in his depressive and ''woe-is-me'' traits. But Eric is very complex and compelling under his raw anger so, it's possible to ''prefer'' him for those reasons.

However, I wouldn't prefer any of them in front of me with their guns on the day of the shooting because the result would be the same.

I'm not debating with you no more! Very Happy 


No? Is it because we're at odds in our preferences or because you agree with me?  Laughing 

_________________
"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
JayJay




Posts : 265
Contribution Points : 96839
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-28
Location : At the library

Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 7:49 am

CatherineM813 wrote:
I prefer Eric than Dylan. I find him more intriguing and fascinating to understand.  I love his sense of humor in a lot of his writings which always makes me crack up such as his you know what I hate, his love for animals and there were  a lot of times when he could be really sweet. I find him more attractive of the two and feel more sympathy for Eric and his family because of how terribly he was portrayed in the aftermath. Sad

Yes, in a way I also find Eric more intriguing and fascinating, as if there are so many layers to him that we try to remove. Then, I'm reminded of the muck of ideas and words in Dylan's diary, of the way his friends described him and I hesitate. Dylan's fascinating as hell.

But Eric's personality? It's clear he was a piece of work to live with and would make it very hard to be in any type of relationship with him. It seems amazing (and, ultimately, unfortunate) Dylan was able to stay around Eric. They did argue, though. I think once Eric found Dylan, he would be careful not to ruffle his friend too much, maybe because he had found a sounding board for his ideas. Finally he had the good friend he kept losing every time he moved. And Dylan may have found Eric stimulating and smart like himself. Maybe that's why they could stick together.

They spent, what?, their last 6-7 years together, slowly growing closer. Out of 17 and 18 years. They kept a secret between themselves for about a year. I mean, who does that? What teenager is able to do that, not betray each other or back off from such a plan? Finally, they went through with their plan together and died together. They're pretty much indissociable one from the other. The ''Dylric'' entity (a sort of murderous Brangelina!) is perhaps more interesting than the two of them taken separately. That could be why it's so hard to choose a ''prefered'' one. And I think it's because of ''Dylric'' many of us are on this forum, because it's so unimaginable and fascinating how two people can form such a bond in infamy.

_________________
"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 6:02 pm

JayJay wrote:
Stephen wrote:
JayJay wrote:
Stephen wrote:
JayJay wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Eric over Dylan or Dylan over Eric? From the poll I made it seems more people favor Dylan. What reasons do you have to favor one over the other?

Prefering a person is not the same as relating better to him, though. By the way, for some reason I find myself unable to answer your question which ever way it's phrased, and the harder I think about it the more pointless it seems to try.

But wouldn't one most likely favor the one they relate to? So if you picked Dylan for one wouldn't it be most likely you would pick Dylan for the other?

And I think I just confused myself! Shocked 

Maybe I can relate to one more because it's easier to understand his personality but prefer the other one because he appears more complex and more compelling? I could like one better because he's more ''likeable'' and like the other in a different way because he's more fascinating or hard to comprehend.

I think maybe Dylan gets the votes because he appears more likeable at first and more relatable in his depressive and ''woe-is-me'' traits. But Eric is very complex and compelling under his raw anger so, it's possible to ''prefer'' him for those reasons.

However, I wouldn't prefer any of them in front of me with their guns on the day of the shooting because the result would be the same.

I'm not debating with you no more! Very Happy 


No? Is it because we're at odds in our preferences or because you agree with me?   Laughing 

K.F.C. pleads the fifth! Laughing 
Back to top Go down
JayJay




Posts : 265
Contribution Points : 96839
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-28
Location : At the library

Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 6:24 pm

Stephen wrote:
JayJay wrote:
Stephen wrote:
JayJay wrote:
Stephen wrote:
JayJay wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Eric over Dylan or Dylan over Eric? From the poll I made it seems more people favor Dylan. What reasons do you have to favor one over the other?

Prefering a person is not the same as relating better to him, though. By the way, for some reason I find myself unable to answer your question which ever way it's phrased, and the harder I think about it the more pointless it seems to try.

But wouldn't one most likely favor the one they relate to? So if you picked Dylan for one wouldn't it be most likely you would pick Dylan for the other?

And I think I just confused myself! Shocked 

Maybe I can relate to one more because it's easier to understand his personality but prefer the other one because he appears more complex and more compelling? I could like one better because he's more ''likeable'' and like the other in a different way because he's more fascinating or hard to comprehend.

I think maybe Dylan gets the votes because he appears more likeable at first and more relatable in his depressive and ''woe-is-me'' traits. But Eric is very complex and compelling under his raw anger so, it's possible to ''prefer'' him for those reasons.

However, I wouldn't prefer any of them in front of me with their guns on the day of the shooting because the result would be the same.

I'm not debating with you no more! Very Happy 


No? Is it because we're at odds in our preferences or because you agree with me?   Laughing 

K.F.C. pleads the fifth! Laughing 

If I remember well, the fifth is the excuse Americans use to remain silent about anything that might put them in trouble. Mm-mm.  jocolor  Seeing as there are four others before that, got your back covered real good! Whoever eats chicken has to be your favorite clown

_________________
"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 7:33 am

JayJay wrote:
Stephen wrote:
JayJay wrote:
Stephen wrote:
JayJay wrote:
Stephen wrote:
JayJay wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Eric over Dylan or Dylan over Eric? From the poll I made it seems more people favor Dylan. What reasons do you have to favor one over the other?

Prefering a person is not the same as relating better to him, though. By the way, for some reason I find myself unable to answer your question which ever way it's phrased, and the harder I think about it the more pointless it seems to try.

But wouldn't one most likely favor the one they relate to? So if you picked Dylan for one wouldn't it be most likely you would pick Dylan for the other?

And I think I just confused myself! Shocked 

Maybe I can relate to one more because it's easier to understand his personality but prefer the other one because he appears more complex and more compelling? I could like one better because he's more ''likeable'' and like the other in a different way because he's more fascinating or hard to comprehend.

I think maybe Dylan gets the votes because he appears more likeable at first and more relatable in his depressive and ''woe-is-me'' traits. But Eric is very complex and compelling under his raw anger so, it's possible to ''prefer'' him for those reasons.

However, I wouldn't prefer any of them in front of me with their guns on the day of the shooting because the result would be the same.

I'm not debating with you no more! Very Happy 


No? Is it because we're at odds in our preferences or because you agree with me?   Laughing 

K.F.C. pleads the fifth! Laughing 

If I remember well, the fifth is the excuse Americans use to remain silent about anything that might put them in trouble. Mm-mm.  jocolor  Seeing as there are four others before that, got your back covered real good! Whoever eats chicken has to be your favorite clown

Again, K.F.C. pleads the fifth and heads off into the living room to watch T.V and eat his bucket of chicken. scratch
Back to top Go down
JayJay




Posts : 265
Contribution Points : 96839
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-28
Location : At the library

Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 9:19 am

Ok, ok, I was just kidding. Smile

_________________
"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 7:36 pm

I am making this post in response to the nasty private message I received.

I did not make this thread to "trick" anyone. I made this thread because I genuinely wonder who you prefer; Eric or Dylan? And your accusation about me "not participating" in my own thread and "pleading the fifth" on who I prefer is a horrible accusation on your end.

When I told Jay Jay that I "plead the fifth" it had NOTHING to do whatsoever with who I prefer. I think you should've read my conversation with Jay Jay a little more thoroughly before making assumptions.

I said that if you can relate to Eric or Dylan, wouldn't it be obvious that you would prefer him too?

Jay Jay made strong, intelligent, valid points of why you may prefer one of the guys but relate to the opposite.

I said that I didn't want to debate with him anymore. (Obviously I said this because he was right and I was wrong).

Jay Jay then asked me if I didn't want to debate with him because I knew he was making sense.

I told him I pleaded the fifth (Again, obviously I did this because he was right and I was wrong and I wanted to remain silent and not get busted by him).

Jay Jay says that he knows the fifth amendment means I prefer to stay silent so that I don't get myself into trouble with him by admitting he was right and I was wrong.

Again, I say I plead the fifth and say I walk off to eat chicken.

(Wouldn't anyone be able to figure out that I did this because I was defeated and he won the argument?)

I would appreciate not to have assumptions made about me and then being harassed in a private message saying I only make threads to "trick" fans.

And to "all" the members who think I am "the worse choice for a temp admin" and "don't want to be a part of this forum anyway", if you have some kind of problem, how about coming to speak to me about it instead of having your leader send me the nastiest PM I have ever read?

And if you don't want to be here, you don't have to be and I am not being mean when I say that. If you really are unhappy with Jenn's decisions on who to watch over her forum and you truly do not want to be here, you do not have to stay.
Back to top Go down
JayJay




Posts : 265
Contribution Points : 96839
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-28
Location : At the library

Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 8:03 pm

Stephen wrote:
I am making this post in response to the nasty private message I received.

I did not make this thread to "trick" anyone. I made this thread because I genuinely wonder who you prefer; Eric or Dylan? And your accusation about me "not participating" in my own thread and "pleading the fifth" on who I prefer is a horrible accusation on your end.

When I told Jay Jay that I "plead the fifth" it had NOTHING to do whatsoever with who I prefer. I think you should've read my conversation with Jay Jay a little more thoroughly before making assumptions.

I said that if you can relate to Eric or Dylan, wouldn't it be obvious that you would prefer him too?

Jay Jay made strong, intelligent, valid points of why you may prefer one of the guys but relate to the opposite.

I said that I didn't want to debate with him anymore. (Obviously I said this because he was right and I was wrong).

Jay Jay then asked me if I didn't want to debate with him because I knew he was making sense.

I told him I pleaded the fifth (Again, obviously I did this because he was right and I was wrong and I wanted to remain silent and not get busted by him).

Jay Jay says that he knows the fifth amendment means I prefer to stay silent so that I don't get myself into trouble with him by admitting he was right and I was wrong.

Again, I say I plead the fifth and say I walk off to eat chicken.

(Wouldn't anyone be able to figure out that I did this because I was defeated and he won the argument?)

I would appreciate not to have assumptions made about me and then being harassed in a private message saying I only make threads to "trick" fans.

And to "all" the members who think I am "the worse choice for a temp admin" and "don't want to be a part of this forum anyway", if you have some kind of problem, how about coming to speak to me about it instead of having your leader send me the nastiest PM I have ever read?

And if you don't want to be here, you don't have to be and I am not being mean when I say that. If you really are unhappy with Jenn's decisions on who to watch over her forum and you truly do not want to be here, you do not have to stay.

Hey Stephen,

I'm sorry you received that unpleasant private message.

Now, I just wanted to say I didn't see the thread as an argument won by anyone (much less by myself). I wasn't even sure why you said you pleaded the 5th and I just wanted to tease you about it a bit, with no thought of who was right and who was wrong.

Too bad someone thought it's a trick question. Because it's a fair question to ask on this forum. It's a lot less complicated than it is: people should answer one or the other if they feel comfortable doing so, not answer if they don't. Or give their reasons as to why it might be impossible to answer the question!

I guess some people wanted to know what you thought of your own question, maybe?

_________________
"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 8:34 pm

I received this in a private message and this person says they are "speaking" for "many" of the "regulars". If any of the regulars would like to add to this or have something they'd like to say to me, I think it would be fair that you come to ME and not have one person speak for ALL of you.

Private message wrote:
Private message removed.

And like I said, your assumption on why I 'plead the fifth' had nothing to do with me 'hiding' my preference or trying to 'trick' anyone and I would hardly say I "throw my weight around". Jenn asked me to watch over the forum while she is away and that is what I am doing. I am easy to get along with (as long as you are not constantly mocking or poking fun at me for no good reason at all except for the fact that I made posts about chicken). And anyone can see that I have hardly talked about chicken in months because the majority of the forum seemed displeased by it.

And finally, just to clarify something, I do not 'hate' or 'dislike' ALL fans. What I do dislike is when a fan (someone who is obsessed with a dead teenager (who ultimately murdered innocent children) has the audacity to pick on other people for their obsessions). And just because I have made a lot of posts about chicken does not mean that I am uneducated about columbine and who is anyone to question why I am on this forum?

I would really like to hear from 'all' these 'regulars' that this member is speaking for, but somehow, I have a feeling, that no one will speak for themselves and you know what, that is a pity.

Jay Jay, thank you for your response and just know that I was in no way being rude to you when I was pleading the fifth and that the only reason I did it was because I was admitting, in my own subtle way, that you were right and I was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn


Posts : 3131
Contribution Points : 118683
Forum Reputation : 1004
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 9:02 pm

Listen Stephen,

You cannot please everyone. Someone is always going to complain, always going to say you are doing a bad job and always threaten to leave the forum. It has happened on every single Columbine forum that has been created. You cannot please everyone. You can try your best but there are just people who can't be pleased no matter what you do.

Please try not to worry about this too much, OK? I am really sorry that you are having all this pressure within the first week of becoming an Admin. Everything will be OK and you have just as much of a right to be here as the next person.

_________________
"I’ll see you in Heaven if you make the list"
Zachary Patrick Bowen (March 7, 1995-November 5, 2021).
I miss you little brother.
Back to top Go down
Marco1211




Posts : 54
Contribution Points : 95274
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-21

Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 1:25 am

Personally love this topic.

Definitely Eric. We share similar music taste, we're not the best at making friends, we share a similar sense of humor. Dylan was way too hung up on love for me to prefer him. I also can relate to Eric's insecurities with his height.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 11:20 pm

i prefer dylan because dylan was in my dream
Back to top Go down
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA


Posts : 298
Contribution Points : 65785
Forum Reputation : 28
Join date : 2017-12-09
Age : 39
Location : Vancouver, Canada

Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 7:51 pm

I prefer Eric to Dylan because I just really, really feel that no one really gave a shit about Eric or even liked him, but people who claimed to be friends of Eric's just were around him, because of pity, they tolerated and pitied him. I honestly feel like it was that way with Dylan too. Dylan didn't need Eric like Eric needed Dylan as a friend, and so I feel like Dylan was only Eric's friend out of pity and even in death, people still look at Eric as the bad guy and Dylan as the innocent one and that's sad and that's why I prefer Eric over Dylan because I just really feel like Eric had really no one, where as Dylan had Brooks and Robyn (if I am spelling her name right) and Sue. Hell even Wayne threw his son under the bus by saying he doesn't forgive Eric and called him a psychopath. Sue speaks lovingly of Dylan. So that's why I feel more bad for Eric and feel for him more. Eric needed a hug and someone to truly give him friendship love and parental love more so than Dylan, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
MellonCollie

MellonCollie


Posts : 47
Contribution Points : 58489
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-30
Age : 148
Location : Local Mcdonalds

Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 10:00 pm

I always found Dylan more interesting because I found a lot of things that we had in common, which ironically made me more depressed and self-loathing.

_________________
Intoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark


Posts : 4349
Contribution Points : 120278
Forum Reputation : 3191
Join date : 2017-09-04

Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 1:45 am

I can't choose between the two. They're both equally interesting.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr


Posts : 432
Contribution Points : 69476
Forum Reputation : 145
Join date : 2016-12-03
Age : 101
Location : germany

Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 5:21 pm

When I was 15 and first researching the topic I drifted to Dylan, but as I got older Eric became more interesting to read about.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 8:01 am

I really can't say I prefer either one, I research both equally.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 8:13 am

42099_4EVA wrote:
I prefer Eric to Dylan because I just really, really feel that no one really gave a shit about Eric or even liked him, but people who claimed to be friends of Eric's just were around him, because of pity, they tolerated and pitied him. I honestly feel like it was that way with Dylan too. Dylan didn't need Eric like Eric needed Dylan as a friend, and so I feel like Dylan was only Eric's friend out of pity and even in death, people still look at Eric as the bad guy and Dylan as the innocent one and that's sad and that's why I prefer Eric over Dylan because I just really feel like Eric had really no one, where as Dylan had Brooks and Robyn (if I am spelling her name right) and Sue. Hell even Wayne threw his son under the bus by saying he doesn't forgive Eric and called him a psychopath. Sue speaks lovingly of Dylan. So that's why I feel more bad for Eric and feel for him more. Eric needed a hug and someone to truly give him friendship love and parental love more so than Dylan, in my opinion.


I agree with certain aspects of this. I do think that Eric had no close friends other then Dylan. Eric had several acquaintances, like Chris M., Zack H., Nate D., Mike V., Erik V., etc but none were what you could call real friends.

I also agree that Eric has always gotten the most blame for Columbine. Even though we all know that it was likely Dylan's idea to start with. Eric took that idea and ran with it, which was what Dylan was probably hoping for.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6423
Contribution Points : 193132
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 8:58 am

I always thought Chris was closer to Eric than Dylan. Just an observation of course Smile

Dylan seemed pretty loyal to Eric even after the death threats to Devon (I wonder if she ever found out what Dylan wrote about her...) the outbursts etc. whether that's because he was a good friend and/or he didn't want to jepordize their plans.

I don't know if they were planning NBK when Eric screamed at him after soccer.

Sue mentioned something new about Eric at the talk I went to but it had to do with the whole Dylan being afraid of Eric


_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 9:11 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I always thought Chris was closer to Eric than Dylan. Just an observation of course Smile

Dylan seemed pretty loyal to Eric even after the death threats to Devon (I wonder if she ever found out what Dylan wrote about her...) the outbursts etc. whether that's because he was a good friend and/or he didn't want to jepordize their plans.

I don't know if they were planning NBK when Eric screamed at him after soccer.

Sue mentioned something new about Eric at the talk I went to but it had to do with the whole Dylan being afraid of Eric


I do think that Chris Morris was more Eric's acquaintance then Dylan's. He was closer to Eric but still not what I would consider a real friend.

Also I just can't make myself believe that Dylan was afraid of Eric.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6423
Contribution Points : 193132
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 9:21 am

We've never heard anything from anyone else regarding Dylan being afraid.

I just wonder why he asked his mom for help for a while when Eric called to hang out. She may have interpreted it one way while Dylan had his own reasons.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 9:32 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
We've never heard anything from anyone else regarding Dylan being afraid.

I just wonder why he asked his mom for help for a while when Eric called to hang out. She may have interpreted it one way while Dylan had his own reasons.


Now if Dylan had written in his journal "Eric is fucking crazy, I'm terrified of him!" I would be more likely to believe it. He did supposedly tell him parents that Eric was crazy, BUT he didn't say that he was afraid of him.
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1328
Contribution Points : 83167
Forum Reputation : 598
Join date : 2016-02-27

Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 9:39 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

Sue mentioned something new about Eric at the talk I went to but it had to do with the whole Dylan being afraid of Eric
What did she say?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 9:41 am

sscc wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Sue mentioned something new about Eric at the talk I went to but it had to do with the whole Dylan being afraid of Eric
What did she say?

I am curious as well. scratch
Back to top Go down
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA


Posts : 298
Contribution Points : 65785
Forum Reputation : 28
Join date : 2017-12-09
Age : 39
Location : Vancouver, Canada

Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 9:45 am

Yeah I think Sue might have been wrong there. I don't see Dylan being afraid of Eric - well being afraid of Eric without his gun anyway. He may have been afraid of Eric no longer being his friend anymore and him being alone, which would mean he would have to commit suicide alone (which is why Dylan probably got nervous when Eric asked - "you're Jewish?" or something like that), but Dylan being afraid of Eric physically? (If that's what Sue means), nah, I don't see that. Dylan, I think, could've easily beaten the shit out of Eric's little ass lol.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6423
Contribution Points : 193132
Forum Reputation : 1317
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 42

Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 10:39 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
sscc wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Sue mentioned something new about Eric at the talk I went to but it had to do with the whole Dylan being afraid of Eric
What did she say?

I am curious as well. scratch

At one point she said within the last year or so one of Dylan's friends said when Dylan told him that he and Eric got guns, Dylan said not to tell Eric he let him know that because Eric would kill him.

That very well could have been an expression of course
Back to top Go down
ChaotixBoy

ChaotixBoy


Posts : 75
Contribution Points : 65742
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-02-15
Location : United States

Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2018 5:57 pm

Like everyone says, Dylan was more mysterious, so that's why I think Dylan is more interesting. Not saying that Eric was uninteresting, but he was a clean-cut, straight forward guy, who seemed like he'd do this anyway. But Dylan, maybe got coerced into it somehow in the early days, I guess we'll never know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Why do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you prefer?   Why do you prefer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Why do you prefer?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Would you buy books about the massacre or would you prefer to read official documents that are free?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: