Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What exactly was the "Me" document about?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
f0rgotten

Contribution Points : 28956
Forum Reputation : 10

What exactly was the "Me" document about? Empty
PostSubject: What exactly was the "Me" document about?   What exactly was the "Me" document about? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 6:36 pm

I'm talking about this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I apologize if this has already been asked many times before, but I find the search feature on this website a bit confusing
Back to top Go down
i hate chris watts

i hate chris watts

Contribution Points : 25942

PostSubject: Re: What exactly was the "Me" document about?   What exactly was the "Me" document about? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 8:52 pm

i think it was about one of adam's online friends- as he says "you" multiple times and says the internet is what fosters relationships for him.

he asks multiple questions to the friend/reader about this so i wonder what led to this document

also add me on discord plzzzzz: LucidiousOdysseyEdginess#1019
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What exactly was the "Me" document about?   What exactly was the "Me" document about? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 9:44 pm

I always thought this document was just his personal notes, thoughts, like a diary.
Back to top Go down
f0rgotten

Contribution Points : 28956

PostSubject: Re: What exactly was the "Me" document about?   What exactly was the "Me" document about? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 10:46 pm

Maboroshi wrote:
I always thought this document was just his personal notes, thoughts, like a diary.

I always thought that too.

axegowiii and messianic_mania like this post

Back to top Go down
axegowiii

axegowiii

Contribution Points : 32710
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: What exactly was the "Me" document about?   What exactly was the "Me" document about? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2022 10:35 pm

I think it was just a place to collect his thoughts, so to speak.

messianic_mania likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kinkeloukaitis

Kinkeloukaitis

Contribution Points : 43930
Forum Reputation : 102

PostSubject: Re: What exactly was the "Me" document about?   What exactly was the "Me" document about? Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2022 7:24 pm

Was Adam in love?
Back to top Go down
messianic_mania

messianic_mania

Contribution Points : 5272
Forum Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: What exactly was the "Me" document about?   What exactly was the "Me" document about? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2024 12:25 am

Kinkeloukaitis wrote:
Was Adam in love?
I think he explains his thoughts/feelings about the situation pretty well, and it could just be that he happened to take interest in someone and got close to them and this is what it resulted in. It's not uncommon for things like that to happen to teenagers on the internet. It's also not uncommon for autistic people to "fixate" with a specific person that they believe to be respite from their daily grievances... But these can come and go and can often have more to do with their personal interests rather than physical attraction.

Adam lists the things that drew him to this mystery person, as well as the things that he didn't like about them. It can be helpful for autistic people, or rather anyone with a brain that functions the way his did, to write/talk out their feelings to better understand them. I imagine feeling "love" for someone would be confusing for him, as it would anyone his age or in his situation, and he probably just wanted to figure it out and bare is soul on a private document.

I don't think this has any importance to the shooting itself, but it's an interesting insight into his emotions, as a lot of people read him as a very stoic, cold and loveless person incapable of feeling affection or positive emotion. I think it's common for people to think that of autistic people anyways, no less someone who did something as horrific as him... But I'm ranting again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What exactly was the "Me" document about?   What exactly was the "Me" document about? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What exactly was the "Me" document about?
Page 1 of 1