Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
 

 GIF pfps

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
incelgnorance
Banned


Posts : 265
Contribution Points : 4003
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2021-07-12
Location : USA

GIF pfps Empty
PostSubject: GIF pfps   GIF pfps Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2021 5:20 pm

Ive seen a lot of people around (including myself) with gif icons. I know the rules state that they aren‘t allowed, but I’m wondering if it’s changed since then. I don’t want to be banned

Jenn, Killisaki, MilverSoxie, Employer_Square and Vluptune like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Posts : 3030
Contribution Points : 93743
Forum Reputation : 774
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

GIF pfps Empty
PostSubject: Re: GIF pfps   GIF pfps Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 1:48 pm

No, that rule hasn't changed but I really don't enforce it unless it's a GIF in the signature. And I don't ban members over something like that. The GIF would just be removed and let the member know why. So no worries. You're alright, hun. Very Happy

_________________
"In the sun I feel as one".

Employer_Square and incelgnorance like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabratha

Sabratha

Posts : 1541
Contribution Points : 71217
Forum Reputation : 155
Join date : 2015-03-31
Location : The Mazovian Lowland

GIF pfps Empty
PostSubject: Re: GIF pfps   GIF pfps Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 2:20 pm

@Jenn wrote:
No, that rule hasn't changed but I really don't enforce it unless it's a GIF in the signature. And I don't ban members over something like that. The GIF would just be removed and let the member know why. So no worries. You're alright, hun. Very Happy


< - - - - - Recalls getting in trouble for having an animated gif of dead Rachel Scott footage in the avatar.



Yeah, that was probably one of the most stupid reasons for almost getting banned.

_________________
Life is like a tram - you need to know when to get off.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Posts : 3030
Contribution Points : 93743
Forum Reputation : 774
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

GIF pfps Empty
PostSubject: Re: GIF pfps   GIF pfps Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 2:27 pm

@Sabratha wrote:
@Jenn wrote:
No, that rule hasn't changed but I really don't enforce it unless it's a GIF in the signature. And I don't ban members over something like that. The GIF would just be removed and let the member know why. So no worries. You're alright, hun. Very Happy


< - - - - - Recalls getting in trouble for having an animated gif of dead Rachel Scott footage in the avatar.



Yeah, that was probably one of the most stupid reasons for almost getting banned.

Because it was a dead picture of one of the victims. You weren't banned though. The GIF was just removed.

_________________
"In the sun I feel as one".

incelgnorance likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
incelgnorance
Banned


Posts : 265
Contribution Points : 4003
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2021-07-12
Location : USA

GIF pfps Empty
PostSubject: Re: GIF pfps   GIF pfps Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 2:31 pm

Yeah lol I definitely see why it could have been a problem

Jenn and Employer_Square like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabratha

Sabratha

Posts : 1541
Contribution Points : 71217
Forum Reputation : 155
Join date : 2015-03-31
Location : The Mazovian Lowland

GIF pfps Empty
PostSubject: Re: GIF pfps   GIF pfps Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 3:35 pm

@Jenn wrote:
Because it was a dead picture of one of the victims. You weren't banned though. The GIF was just removed.

Yeah I know. And the post above isn't really a criticism of you or the forum rules. More of a self-bash at my own lack of tact and wisdom for having tried to use that as an avatar in the first place.

_________________
Life is like a tram - you need to know when to get off.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xtina

Xtina

Posts : 341
Contribution Points : 7230
Forum Reputation : 70
Join date : 2021-06-04
Location : Straya

GIF pfps Empty
PostSubject: Re: GIF pfps   GIF pfps Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 9:07 pm

What's a good site to host a gif avatar from? I tried uploading some but they're too big

_________________
People fear death even more than pain. It's strange. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death the pain's over. ~ Jim Morrison
Back to top Go down
View user profile
incelgnorance
Banned


Posts : 265
Contribution Points : 4003
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2021-07-12
Location : USA

GIF pfps Empty
PostSubject: Re: GIF pfps   GIF pfps Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 9:09 pm

@Xtina wrote:
What's a good site to host a gif avatar from? I tried uploading some but they're too big

Do you wanna make a gif? Yeah, I have that problem too when I use gif apps on my phone.. You could try tumblr but it might come out lower quality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xtina

Xtina

Posts : 341
Contribution Points : 7230
Forum Reputation : 70
Join date : 2021-06-04
Location : Straya

GIF pfps Empty
PostSubject: Re: GIF pfps   GIF pfps Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 9:11 pm

@incelgnorance wrote:
@Xtina wrote:
What's a good site to host a gif avatar from? I tried uploading some but they're too big

Do you wanna make a gif? Yeah, I have that problem too when I use gif apps on my phone.. You could try tumblr but it might come out lower quality.
I have some saved from Tumblr and other places

_________________
People fear death even more than pain. It's strange. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death the pain's over. ~ Jim Morrison
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
GIF pfps
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Rules, Announcements, and Help :: Important Information, Help, Questions, and Comments-
Jump to: