Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If you could only pick one

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
incelgnorance
Banned

Contribution Points : 27524
Forum Reputation : 0

If you could only pick one Empty
PostSubject: If you could only pick one   If you could only pick one Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 7:18 pm

If you could only pick one mass shooter, serial killer, or any other criminal to specialize in studying in, who would it be? And why do you choose them? (Ex. What makes them interesting to you).

Mr Bubbless and Employer_Square like this post

Back to top Go down
Employer_Square

Contribution Points : 33930
Forum Reputation : 79

PostSubject: Re: If you could only pick one   If you could only pick one Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 2:15 am

Oh man that’s not easy there’s definitely 5 or 6 I’d consider my all time favorites,but I’d have to go with Elliot Rodger.Ever since I found about his case about a year ago I’ve been hooked on it.Not to sound weird or anything, but I loved reading his manifesto as it was such a great source of information and insight, though there’s a clear bias and Elliot tends to omit certain details from events and sometimes straight up lies about stuff, but his articulate writing skills and deep emotional reflection and outpouring make it worth the read for sure.I read it like a novel and there were times I really was on the edge of my seat lmao.I also resonated with some of the issues he dealt with and I’ll even admit there were times I got a bit teary-eyed reading about his horrific school experiences.It remains the only complete life story ever written by a mass murderer as of today.Aside from that he also had a considerable internet presence, with a now deleted YouTube channel containing a treasure trove of videos where he lamented his struggles with his life,society,and his inability to find a partner.Another reason i find him so captivating is how unbelievably narcissistic and delusional he was when it came to his beliefs on women and how he thought he should have been treated as a person.The amount of lack of social awareness and a simple understanding of human nature he displays in his writings is unreal and you can see why some people on Reddit who found his videos prior to the shooting thought he was just trolling.Additionally, it’s quite amazing how much influence and inspiration he’s mustered online through thousands of fellow incels and a handful of mass murderers such as Alek Minassian and Scott Beirle in just a few years.And finally, I do sometimes laugh after reading certain parts of his manifesto and videos, especially the one where he’s at the beach and filming a couple kissing while describing how disgusted and wretched it is, in his mind of course.

Mr Bubbless and incelgnorance like this post

Back to top Go down
incelgnorance
Banned

PostSubject: Re: If you could only pick one   If you could only pick one Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 9:51 am

That’s a really good answer!! I often feel like Elliot is overlooked but he truly is a strange yet interesting person. Not to mention, I think he’s a great writer.

Mr Bubbless and Employer_Square like this post

Back to top Go down
Employer_Square

Contribution Points : 33930
Forum Reputation : 79

PostSubject: Re: If you could only pick one   If you could only pick one Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 9:54 am

incelgnorance wrote:
That’s a really good answer!! I often feel like Elliot is overlooked but he truly is a strange yet interesting person. Not to mention, I think he’s a great writer.
Yes definitely people like to brush him off as some spoiled little crybaby but he’s so much more.And yeah he had a true talent at writing I would have liked to see what else he wrote during his lifetime.
Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 60714
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: If you could only pick one   If you could only pick one Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 6:35 pm

Pekka-Eric Auvinen. He is often written off as "just another Columbine copycat" when yes, Columbine was an influence in his decision but there are other factors that people don't often mention like the bullying he endured and how his political views influenced him. He was pretty intelligent and well-spoken and that is rare to see from mass shooters, especially school shooters of his age. There are also small details like how he genuinely wanted to see change in the school system so that something like the Jokela Shooting wouldn't happen again and his online presence.

Employer_Square and incelgnorance like this post

Back to top Go down
incelgnorance
Banned

PostSubject: Re: If you could only pick one   If you could only pick one Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 6:45 pm

lognifiiskurk wrote:
Pekka-Eric Auvinen. He is often written off as "just another Columbine copycat" when yes, Columbine was an influence in his decision but there are other factors that people don't often mention like the bullying he endured and how his political views influenced him. He was pretty intelligent and well-spoken and that is rare to see from mass shooters, especially school shooters of his age. There are also small details like how he genuinely wanted to see change in the school system so that something like the Jokela Shooting wouldn't happen again and his online presence.

That's really true! Pekka is in my top 3 cases Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr Bubbless
Top Contributor
Mr Bubbless

Contribution Points : 38996
Forum Reputation : 731

PostSubject: Re: If you could only pick one   If you could only pick one Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2021 3:38 am

Employer_Square and incelgnorance like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could only pick one   If you could only pick one Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you could only pick one
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: All Other Crimes-
Jump to: