Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some other bits of ignored evidence

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 79172
Forum Reputation : 1491

Some other bits of ignored evidence Empty
PostSubject: Some other bits of ignored evidence   Some other bits of ignored evidence Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 10:36 am

Eric's nose bleed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I get lambasted on the reddit for thinking Eric's nose bleed was on purpose. It's rather bizarre. I can say all the weapons came from DOOM and it's no problem, but once I say his face was out of DOOM, now it's too much.

Now it's a DOOM LARP rather than "doom influenced" I guess, and that paints their hero in too bad a light. We are allowed to say he blew his head off intentionally with the shotgun, but to say he also gave himself a nose bleed intentionally with the shotgun is not allowed. It seems to me that kind of ostracism for completely reasonable theorizing is why all the mainstream theories suck and are fanfiction.

I was told the same thing everybody else was. I thought he did it on accident too, simply because of wielding a sawed off shotgun one handed. But think about it:

Eric loved DOOM (so much so that tl;dr to explain)

The whole massacre was influenced by DOOM (so much so that tl;dr to explain)

DOOMguy is nameless, because he's supposed to be you the player; it's supposed to be Eric.

DOOMguy's face is of course one of the game's most iconic images.

When DOOMguy's face takes damage - you're a one man army against Hell, you usually take some damage -  he gets a nose bleed.

Now consider it along with these facts:

For some reason, they didn't injure their faces during Rampart Range, when the guns were newest to them. They didn't even injure their hands during the massacre like they did at Rampart Range, i . e. they practiced more than once. Eric even shoots from the hip during some of Rampart Range, suggesting he knew not to put the gun right up to the his face. "Because he had one hand on the gun and put up to his face" can still be accepted by somebody saying "and he did that on purpose". If he did it on purpose, that explains why they didn't make the same mistake earlier.

Eric injured his nose, not Dylan. Dylan even said "Why did you do that" on one account and one can imagine it as sarcastic, telling us from the grave it was "CUZ DOOM". If it was "just because of sawed offs", nothing to explain why Eric and not Dylan. If it was Doomguy, that explains it.

Eric was down low with the shotgun to shoot Steven, Kacey, Cassie, and Bree. He was not before or after for any series like this at all. Before might be explained by people getting under tables, but not after. Why other than this point of the massacre is he mostly standing up or bent at the waist with the carbine? Why a certain time during the massacre where he's low with the shotgun?  To try and hit himself in the face, I submit.

Eric said "peekaboo" as he shot Cassie. He was not playing peekaboo. He was "peekaboo shooting", a term from FPS video games, i. e. DOOM and games like it.

Eric did not shoot Bree.  He tells us because a bomb was still set to go off and kill them all, and I believe him. In fact, I think the library massacre kicks off after the first car bomb fails to kill cops, to get cops inside and have the perps, students, and cops die from the final bomb in the cafeteria...only 5 minutes to live seems to make hitting himself on purpose more plausible....But he still shot Steven, Kacey, Cassie, so why now is he saving ammo and letting the bomb do it?  Why didn't he shoot Bree?  Because he got his nose bleeding, as intended. He could take a break.

Eric blew his brains out, vertically, with the shotgun.  Curiously, people find Dylan's suicide method needing explaining. But Dylan's method is the usual method. Shot to the temple. Why did Eric blow his head off? Well, when DOOMguy dies, he bleeds out his eyes and scalp too, as well as his nose.

DOOM manual, see p. 15

The White Van

Wonder if there's any connection to the OJ case and why they "hate white vans". Several people see "the jocks always get away with stuff" or something similar as the subtext of the van breakin. The connection to OJ makes a bit more sense to me than the stories of jocks at the school. Of course not as personal for them, and while this is speculation, it seems to me the type of people to have a murder fantasy more likely to be talking about tv with their grievances.

Like the guns were out of DOOM, the bombs were out of Duke Nukem 3D.  Tl;dr for all the references from that game too. But, sufficed to say, Dylan shoots a tv screen and smashes a chair before leaving the library, saying it was one last thing he wanted to do. Both of those are things you can do in Duke but not DOOM. One of the first tvs you can shoot in the game is playing the OJ chase.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sufficient-weight likes this post

Adzybear and Shnappz dislike this post

Back to top Go down
hermit

hermit

Contribution Points : 26761
Forum Reputation : 75

PostSubject: Re: Some other bits of ignored evidence   Some other bits of ignored evidence Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2021 3:15 pm

larp + dumb dumb adrenaline = brap brap brap brap

Adzybear and vril like this post

Back to top Go down
thekillerfanatic

thekillerfanatic

Contribution Points : 25225
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Some other bits of ignored evidence   Some other bits of ignored evidence Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2021 10:02 am

Where did you get "peekaboo shooting" from?

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: Some other bits of ignored evidence   Some other bits of ignored evidence Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2021 8:23 am

thekillerfanatic wrote:
Where did you get "peekaboo shooting" from?
It's a term from the vidya games as explained, for strafing with obstacles.

See here for example, 23:55

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

or this cringey rap song at 1:15

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97168
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Some other bits of ignored evidence   Some other bits of ignored evidence Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2021 2:18 am

Wow, I didn’t think we’d get a more ridiculous opening topic post than the one about Rachel Scott’s beep beep being visible if you enhanced the colour of the pic but we may have a new winner!

Adzybear, kMcU-5pcfBz^@du2xbjP and hermit like this post

Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: Some other bits of ignored evidence   Some other bits of ignored evidence Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2021 5:06 pm

Except you and many others parroting the same thing can't say what's ridiculous about it in response to a list of reasons, so you're just signaling status  to other fangirl-tier "researchers", and don't actually have an opinion based on even one reason or one brain cell firing.

That's why you have literally nothing to say except to bring up something else you actually have an opinion about that has nothing to do with this.  

Note how the OP says a lot more than "Disagreeing with me is bad, it's like thinking grass is purple or this other obviously false equivalence I make out of laziness."

If hitting himself was just on accident, then why didn't it happen to Dylan? Why did Eric mess up his face twice counting the suicide?

I have an answer. You don't. Your theory [sic] loses. It's that simple.

For some bizarre reason, pointing out DOOM reference [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of the massacre gets "researchers" upset in a way [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - 120 does not.

This is all you have:

In other words, don't be a snarky asshole assuming anything that disagrees with what you are told is wrong, at least say why it is wrong first. Don't "wow just wow". Especially if you haven't even played DOOM, like most who give such flippant responses. These people are exhibit a for why Columbine discussions are full of nonsense. Their views are peacock feathers not analysis, and it's not worth putting pearls before swine.

Not to mention pretty sure this is the same guy said Randy Brown knows the most about the massacre. So, just lol.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: Some other bits of ignored evidence   Some other bits of ignored evidence Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2021 7:53 am

hermit wrote:
Hard to tell what this means of course, but I think the dumb dumb position is the idea they stop shooting because they "ran out of adrenaline" (clearly, obviously a result of the myth of bombs failing at 11:17 when at least one failed at 11:35, when they stop and leave to mess with it, they have plenty of adrenaline left and why it ran out at 11:35 on the dot isn't explained) and that Eric made himself look like DOOMguy twice on accident
Back to top Go down
hermit

hermit

Contribution Points : 26761
Forum Reputation : 75

PostSubject: Re: Some other bits of ignored evidence   Some other bits of ignored evidence Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2021 12:54 pm

cakeman wrote:
hermit wrote:
Hard to tell what this means of course, but I think the dumb dumb position is the idea they stop shooting because they "ran out of adrenaline" (clearly, obviously a result of the myth of bombs failing at 11:17 when at least one failed at 11:35, when they stop and leave to mess with it, they have plenty of adrenaline left and why it ran out at 11:35 on the dot isn't explained) and that Eric made himself look like DOOMguy twice on accident

by dumb dumb adrenaline I meant the adrenaline can make people do some stupid things. op says Eric knew how to handle shotgun n blah blah blah, but in spur of the moment of being stupid, anything can happen, like breaking your nose on a gun you’ve handled Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: Some other bits of ignored evidence   Some other bits of ignored evidence Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2021 4:18 pm

hermit wrote:
cakeman wrote:
hermit wrote:

by dumb dumb adrenaline I meant the adrenaline can make people do some stupid things. op says Eric knew how to handle shotgun n blah blah blah, but in spur of the moment of being stupid, anything can happen, like breaking your nose on a gun you’ve handled Very Happy
Yes, "adrenaline can make people do stupid things" and "spur of the moment" is the ad hoc explanation too often given when stupid Columbine theories fail, like the reason they stopped shooting has to be about adrenaline, because the regular theory doesn't have bombs.

This is the same. Once Dylan says "fine, I'll just start shooting" (after the car bomb failed to get the cops and to now get them inside to deal with the last cafeteria bomb, presumably), Eric deliberately goes down low with the shotgun for Steven, Kacey, Cassie, and then goes to do it with Bree but stopped, because he got his nose bleeding, to look like DOOMguy injured, as intended.  It's literally the face of the franchise of his favorite thing on Earth.  He referenced peekaboo shooting. He wasn't playing peekaboo - he was shooting people.

Then he also chooses the method of suicide to make his face look like DOOMguy dead. "Raw hamburger" as the manual calls it. The eyes and scalp bleed too. With the limitations of a 2D flat screen, the wounds go vertical - like Eric's gun.

If it's just an accident - one has to explain why it didn't happen at Rampart Range, why it didn't happen to Dylan, and why Eric messed up his face twice with the shotgun.

There is no explanation, except the obvious one people don't like because it seems to make their anti hero a LARPer while all the guns and everything else being from DOOM is chalked up to "influence" or something else that doesn't upset them for some reason.

You can't have a kill-death ratio irl unless you die irl too.
Back to top Go down
Shnappz

Contribution Points : 22500
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Some other bits of ignored evidence   Some other bits of ignored evidence Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2021 9:54 pm

Nah i don’t buy this at all. The bloody face in doom is a sign you’re dying / losing. I don’t think Eric wouldn’t have wanted to emulate any form of weakness.

Why would he wanted to have been perceived as not being able to control his weapon? He was obsessed with military / guns/ ware fare, the last thing he would’ve wanted is for people to think that he wasn’t competent with his weapon.

This theory just doesn’t tie in with what we know about eric’s personality

Klicky, Adzybear and Shnappz like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some other bits of ignored evidence   Some other bits of ignored evidence Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some other bits of ignored evidence
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: