Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nikolas Cruz pleads guilty on all counts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NoThanks

NoThanks

Contribution Points : 44815
Forum Reputation : 0

Nikolas Cruz pleads guilty on all counts Empty
PostSubject: Nikolas Cruz pleads guilty on all counts   Nikolas Cruz pleads guilty on all counts Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2021 9:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. (WSVN) - 7News has learned that the suspect in the 2018 school shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School will plead guilty.

Rather than going to trial, 23-year-old Nikolas Cruz will plead guilty to all 17 counts of premeditated murder and all 17 counts of attempted murder in the Valentine’s Day shooting that killed 17 people and wounded more than a dozen others.

Cruz had already confessed to the killings of students and staff at the Parkland school on Feb. 14, 2018.

Cruz’s defense team said their client would plead guilty for life in prison without parole if prosecutors took the death penalty off the table. That offer had been denied by prosecutors. The Public Defender’s Office told 7News they could not confirm nor deny that Cruz would in fact be pleading guilty.

Cruz’s attorneys will officially announce their client’s plea on Friday.

Rather than going to trial, the case is expected to proceed to the penalty phase. A jury will then be tasked with deciding whether Cruz receives the death penalty or life in prison.

7News has also learned that Cruz will also plead guilty to battery on a Broward County jail guard back in November 2018. Surveillance video first obtained by 7News showed Cruz rushing and punching Sgt. Raymond Beltran in a brawl that lasted nearly a minute before coming to an end.

Mr Bubbless likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mr Bubbless
Top Contributor
Mr Bubbless

Contribution Points : 39721
Forum Reputation : 731

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz pleads guilty on all counts   Nikolas Cruz pleads guilty on all counts Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2021 7:10 am

Would be a shame if he does, I was looking forward to the trial. We could've snatched some goodies (evidence) if he pleaded not guilty.

QuestionMark and NoThanks like this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120928
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz pleads guilty on all counts   Nikolas Cruz pleads guilty on all counts Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2021 12:29 am

I'm guessing he's doing this for a more lenient sentence. Still, I would've thought he'd try to drag the proceedings out as long as possible. There aren't many benefits to speeding things up after all. Hopefully things get more interesting in the sentencing phase, but I'm not holding my breath.

Mr Bubbless likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz pleads guilty on all counts   Nikolas Cruz pleads guilty on all counts Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2021 6:34 pm

This is very shocking to hear that he's pleading guilty. Maybe he truly is sorry for what he's done. But then again, like the person above me said, maybe he's doing this out of hope that he'll avoid the death penalty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz pleads guilty on all counts   Nikolas Cruz pleads guilty on all counts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nikolas Cruz pleads guilty on all counts
Page 1 of 1