Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Been a long time and trip to Denver.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lifetime

Contribution Points : 102153
Forum Reputation : 0

Been a long time and trip to Denver.  Empty
PostSubject: Been a long time and trip to Denver.    Been a long time and trip to Denver.  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2022 1:10 am

My interest in Columbine started sometime around the 10 year remembrance. All the talk in the news about it got my attention and as I started down the rabbit hole I quickly realized there was more going on in Littleton, Colorado in 1999 than we knew at the time, I got hooked. In my research I came across a popular forum that was full of information and who's members all had differing opinions on the tragedy. I became a member of that forum to join in on the discussion and to try and find more information. I'm sure by now you know I'm talking about this very forum. Sadly after a few years the forum owners decided to shut it down without warning. Years of discussion, information, photos, stories, everything gone in a split second. I was devastated. I had lost the place where I could chat with people with a similar interest, and now it's gone. After a few weeks some former members had made a new forum, the one we see today. However it was just not the same, all the info was gone and very little chance of getting it back. A lot of the member's didn't comeback either. I'm sure the forum going down had made them lose interest and they just moved on with their lives.

Since the original forum shutdown, and starting to feel like no new information was being found, my interest in the tragedy also began to fade. Honestly I'm kinda glad it did cause I was starting to feel like I was obsessing over it a bit. Part of me wanted to go back in time to stop the shooting from happening so I didn't have to think about it. Over the years stuff would pop up about Columbine. A video from one of the injured, the cafeteria footage of E&D planting the bombs, Sue Klebold's book, and of course the tragic story of Austin Eubanks (RIP). We as a country are still not even close to getting past Columbine, considering how often it's mentioned in pop culture even today. I know I still think about from time to time.

As of now you might be wondering why I'm making this post. It's because after years of wanting to go to Colorado and see the place where the tragedy happened, I'm finally getting to do so. In May I fly out to Denver and should be getting there around 7:00am. I'm only spending one night in Denver and I'm going with someone else. My second day there I will be visiting the memorial that's next to the school and that's about as close to the school as I can get due to kids being in class. If I was going alone I would spend more time visiting places in Columbine lore as well as visiting the graves of the deceased, but I can't.  I remember a few years ago there was talk of the school being demolished and a new one built due to all the weirdo's who keep going there (I know I'm not helping this but I'm also not trying to trespass on school grounds while students are there, I'm not trying to get arrested) so I'm glad I still get my chance.

I'm not really sure what the point of this post is or why I'm talking about it. Maybe just trying to reach out to some people just to chat about it again for a bit. Sadly most of the members who I shared view points with are long gone. Another part of me feels kinda bad that one big reason why I'm taking this trip is to go look at a high school (I'm also visiting Utah, Arizona, and other places so it's not that bad).

I think another reason why I got hooked on Columbine is because I was in a bad place back then. I was in between jobs and struggling financially and I guess as a way to cope with that I needed something to take my mind of the hardship and Columbine happened to be that thing.

Well for the time being I'm back, hope to chat. Later.

Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Been a long time and trip to Denver.    Been a long time and trip to Denver.  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2022 12:34 pm

Hi!! Nice to "see" you again Smile

May is a good time of year to come here. Take a walk-up Rebel Hill, the views are fantastic, and the hill is where the crosses were. The memorial is at the bottom of the hill.

It's really a moving experience.

Contribution Points : 102153
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Been a long time and trip to Denver.    Been a long time and trip to Denver.  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2022 12:04 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Hi!! Nice to "see" you again Smile

May is a good time of year to come here. Take a walk-up Rebel Hill, the views are fantastic, and the hill is where the crosses were. The memorial is at the bottom of the hill.

It's really a moving experience.

I'm sure it is. At least for people who have an interest in the tragedy. I'm going to go back through the footage of the April 20th just so I can get a refresher of how everything went down. Just sucks I can't get near the school.

Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64337
Forum Reputation : 1210

PostSubject: Re: Been a long time and trip to Denver.    Been a long time and trip to Denver.  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2022 2:36 am

You'll love it. Denver is awesome as well. When I visited I was actually with a bachelor party and on an all night cocaine binge when everyone fell asleep I decided to take an Uber to Littleton around 5 am. Got to the memorial just as the sun was rising, was pretty beautiful experience. There is a cemetery not too far from there where some of the victims are buried (Corey, Rachel, Mr. Sanders, (?)) I went to after to pay my respects. They have a little "Columbine Memorial Garden" area I believe it's called that is a pretty tranquil spot if you have the time to check that out also.

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98018
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Been a long time and trip to Denver.    Been a long time and trip to Denver.  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2022 5:32 am

I wouldn’t say visiting graves off your nut on cocaine was paying respects.

HanShotFirst likes this post

Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 64337
Forum Reputation : 1210

PostSubject: Re: Been a long time and trip to Denver.    Been a long time and trip to Denver.  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2022 7:46 am

Draw_It_White wrote:
I wouldn’t say visiting graves off your nut on cocaine was paying respects.

Hey I left flowers, besides being at the memorial standing in the early morning cold sobered me pretty quickly.

PostSubject: Re: Been a long time and trip to Denver.    Been a long time and trip to Denver.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Been a long time and trip to Denver.
Page 1 of 1