Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting

Go down 
+4
Engel
Mr Bubbless
itsokaytoeatfish
nopenever
8 posters
AuthorMessage
nopenever

Contribution Points : 44593
Forum Reputation : 75

Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting   Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2022 8:42 pm

Mild spoilers about the movie. If you get it, you get it though.

MAJOR FUCKING PARRALLELS TO THIS MOVIE AND SUE KLEBOLD"S MEMOIR.

Sue Klebold blames herself HARD for what happened and cannot move on.

I hope she sees this movie.

It's PG and for all ages. but if you see it. HOO BOY

The little girl hurts so much inside but only finds her true self with friends. (remind you of anyone?)

They find videotape of her with her friends and they intervene.

The girl chooses a healthy choice, that while painful, is better than being in pain or causing other's suffering.

itsokaytoeatfish likes this post

Back to top Go down
itsokaytoeatfish

itsokaytoeatfish

Contribution Points : 29863
Forum Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting   Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2022 10:23 pm

Funnily enough I'm both obsessed with Columbine and Turning Red. So this thread is a goldmine.

PostSubject: Re: Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting   Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2022 11:22 pm

itsokaytoeatfish wrote:
Funnily enough I'm both obsessed with Columbine and Turning Red. So this thread is a goldmine.

I strongly encourage you to be more interested in Turning Red than the crime, but I also can't force you to do anything.

itsokaytoeatfish likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mr Bubbless
Top Contributor
Mr Bubbless

Contribution Points : 39296
Forum Reputation : 731

PostSubject: Re: Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting   Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 2:35 am

Was Pixar a Columbine copycat? Chilling...

Engel, RandoKiwi32 and Ilikesharks like this post

Back to top Go down
nopenever

PostSubject: Re: Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting   Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 3:38 am

Klebold: [predicting his parents’ feelings of regret] If only we could have reached them sooner,
or found this tape.
Harris: [also predicting] If only we would have searched their room. If only we would have
asked the right questions. [talks about his mother being thoughtful, bringing him candy and
Slim Jims] I really am sorry about all this.

Yeah... once you see the major parallel between that and a major WHAM line in the movie, you'll not s stop thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
Engel

Engel

Contribution Points : 36300
Forum Reputation : 197

PostSubject: Re: Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting   Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 1:03 pm

Mr Bubbless wrote:

So was Disney. Even more chilling.

"Humanity is overrated, isn't it?" - Matti Saari

"Live in virtue, no desire
And in the grave an angel's choir
You look to heaven and wonder why
No one can see them in the sky

Just as the clouds have gone to sleep
Angels can be seen in heaven's keep
Alone in fear, they question why
Goddamn, not an angel when I die
" - Engel, Rammstein (English version)

CSIAgent likes this post

Back to top Go down
nopenever

PostSubject: Re: Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting   Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 5:41 pm

OK I've just realized that I think I might have some really disordered Unified Conspiracy theory behind my thinking about this movie and the columbine shooting. Think John Nash.

It's really unhealthy.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193357
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting   Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 9:57 pm

I am now fascinated and have to go and see it!

PostSubject: Re: Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting   Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 3:34 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I am now fascinated and have to go and see it!

The movie is cathartic. But also very triggering. To me at least.
Back to top Go down
nopenever

PostSubject: Re: Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting   Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 3:44 am

This movie influenced me to have like religious based psychosis. But that's a personal issue for me.
Back to top Go down
nopenever

PostSubject: Re: Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting   Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 4:31 am

Columbine is about teen angst and agony in 1999

Turning Red is about the same thing but in 2002. But at a PG level. HARD PG though.

All similarities stem from that.
Back to top Go down
nopenever

PostSubject: Re: Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting   Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 4:42 am

Also the main director and writer of the movie, Domee Shi. She must have heard lurid and disturbing tales of Columbine when she was 11 years old or so.

Columbine is a MAJOR influence on artists/writers/poets like Ocean Vuong and Ben Lerner. So even if she doesn't know she was influenced by this trauma, it might have come through.
Back to top Go down
nopenever

PostSubject: Re: Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting   Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 4:51 am

Also outside the Columbine incident, there is stuff in this movie that makes me think Domee Shi (or at least her and a collaborator), while they are geniuses.

They really need to go to fucking therapy man. Why are you showing a 13 year old girl in such agony and want to show it to the whole world? I mean it takes huge gonads to do though. This movie set off a violent explosion in my head and I hope it does for you too.

Minus the PTSD episode and Psychosis I got over this movie.
Back to top Go down
nopenever

PostSubject: Re: Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting   Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2022 1:27 pm

Random note:

If movies like School of Rock and Whale Rider are PG-13, this movie could have been PG-13 too.

Luckily it isn't PG-13 though. More people see it that way if it's PG.
Back to top Go down
CSIAgent

CSIAgent

Contribution Points : 26983
Forum Reputation : 222

PostSubject: Re: Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting   Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2022 5:55 pm

Engel wrote:
Mr Bubbless wrote:

So was Disney. Even more chilling.
Walt Disney was the sniper on the roof

PostSubject: Re: Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting   Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2022 4:49 am

Looks like Chinese culture has a whole curriculum of She Said Yes stories.

"Kill your own children if it honors your parents."

"If your mom whoops you, only get sad if the whoopings get softer. Just means that she's getting older and more frail."
Back to top Go down
theartofwar

theartofwar

Contribution Points : 34957
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting   Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2022 7:24 pm

this movie honestly still makes me cringe. it's got all of the "illumination minion movie" animation vibes to it, dumb faces to capitalize on memes, and while i think the story is attempting to be admirable or stand out, i just cant get it.

disney and pixar by association used to be juggernauts and now they haven't really improved on anything since about 2005 or so, they're fading into mediocrity.

I haven't seen a disney movie since toy story 4 came out and other than that i dont remember the last i went to before that. I just can't stand to watch them anymore.

CSIAgent and ANOMIC like this post

Back to top Go down
nopenever

PostSubject: Re: Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting   Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2022 10:56 pm

theartofwar wrote:
this movie honestly still makes me cringe. it's got all of the "illumination minion movie" animation vibes to it, dumb faces to capitalize on memes, and while i think the story is attempting to be admirable or stand out, i just cant get it.

disney and pixar by association used to be juggernauts and now they haven't really improved on anything since about 2005 or so, they're fading into mediocrity.

I haven't seen a disney movie since toy story 4 came out and other than that i dont remember the last i went to before that. I just can't stand to watch them anymore.

Honestly I totally get that. It might be hard to see anything more in the movie when the art style is so quirky. And yes the movies has A LOT of moments that are intended to make you die inside from embarrassment and/or shame. Cringe as it were.

Also this is meant to be a nostalgia bomb for people who knew the year 2002 (or years close to it.)

None of that has to do with the Columbine shooting of course.
Back to top Go down
nopenever

PostSubject: Re: Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting   Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2022 3:07 pm

DOOM edit of this movie haha

Get up come on get down with the sickness
Back to top Go down
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 29678
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting   Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2022 8:02 am

Don't look too far into it. It's just an innocent story about growing up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting   Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pixar's Turning Red and The Columbine Shooting
Page 1 of 1