Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did Dylan have Borderline, A Thinking Impairment, or is it all bull?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triflers_Escrow3-25

Triflers_Escrow3-25

Contribution Points : 24577
Forum Reputation : 60

Did Dylan have Borderline, A Thinking Impairment, or is it all bull? Empty
PostSubject: Did Dylan have Borderline, A Thinking Impairment, or is it all bull?   Did Dylan have Borderline, A Thinking Impairment, or is it all bull? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 12:05 am

I've been reading a mother's reckoning. On page 162 she explores the possibility that Dylan may have had Schizotypical disorder, or Borderline personality disorder (As an independent examiner "expert" in New Mexico she hired says). This based on because he wrote weirdly and because he explored the idea of being a god.

Personally, I always interpreted his strange way of writing as him trying to write more advanced and divinely. Like he was trying to make his writing more complex like you were reading something old timey in a similar way Rousseau or Hobbs wrote. I thought his referring to himself as a god was a way to think abstractly and ponder the differences in thinking and behavior, that he saw in himself when compared to other people. I mean he did see the general population as zombie and AI like, so saying you're a god especially when you have death (And what happens after death) deeply on your mind makes sense. It also acts as an escape fantasy for constant depressive thoughts. I personally think about and immerse 3 fantasy reality/scenarios and think about their implications and etc etc. It's a good thing way to relieve yourself when you're bored or in emotional pain.

But that's only my opinion. Do you guys think Dylan had any mental disorders or impairments besides severe depression?
Back to top Go down
theartofwar

theartofwar

Contribution Points : 35332
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan have Borderline, A Thinking Impairment, or is it all bull?   Did Dylan have Borderline, A Thinking Impairment, or is it all bull? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 1:58 pm

I think that he had something else going on, but I don't think it's either of what Sue assumed.

I agree with your thinking that he was just trying to be advanced, because a lot of the words he did try to use he didn't use correctly.

If I had to guess, he probably had some more advanced form of depression.

He didn't really have any of the dead giveaway symptoms of BPD, like mood swings or unable to control anger. If anything, I'd say Eric matches that more.

Techv4921

Contribution Points : 27136
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan have Borderline, A Thinking Impairment, or is it all bull?   Did Dylan have Borderline, A Thinking Impairment, or is it all bull? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2022 2:16 pm

There was possibly much more going on there, aside from the depression. But as someone else said, I don't think anyone has been able to nail it down yet.

Would rather be a chimp.
Back to top Go down
DevilishManiac

DevilishManiac

Contribution Points : 20945
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan have Borderline, A Thinking Impairment, or is it all bull?   Did Dylan have Borderline, A Thinking Impairment, or is it all bull? Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2022 7:02 am

He was obviously somewhat psychotic and delusional but lol he was definitely not borderline
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan have Borderline, A Thinking Impairment, or is it all bull?   Did Dylan have Borderline, A Thinking Impairment, or is it all bull? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did Dylan have Borderline, A Thinking Impairment, or is it all bull?
Page 1 of 1