Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Columbine survivor featured on Dateline

Go down 
+4
Mj2beat
veroden
TheFragile
JayJay
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Empty
PostSubject: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 10:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sam Granillo is featured in this weeks episode of Dateline. He is traveling to Columbine but on the way is interviewing survivors of other mass shootings. The episode is entitled, "The Road Home". I hope this episode becomes avalible online because as I wasn't aware it until a couple of minutes before it premiered. Did anyone know of this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 10:41 pm

About half way through the episode and it is definitely worth a watch, so sad. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
JayJay

Contribution Points : 96964
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 3:41 am

This is so great. Hope it becomes available on the Dateline youtube channel soon. Just the articles and snippets are amazing.

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
TheFragile

Contribution Points : 97084

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 5:23 am

It's not on PirateBay either Sad.

But thanks for sharing! Definitely a must.

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 2:38 pm

I will keep an eye out on NBC.com and post the link as soon as it is avalible. Definitely bring out the tissue, I cried twice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 3:30 pm

Here you go.
Back to top Go down
veroden

Contribution Points : 91767

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 3:39 pm

Thank you, Lananas! I spent some time looking for it this morning, but stopped because I had to work.  Sad 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 3:44 pm

Thank you Lananas!!!
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95104
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Thanks Lananas. I watched it all and I cried, It was very touching and well done. I hope he would be able to finish his project soon.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101088
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 9:36 pm

Lananas wrote:
Here you go.

Thank you SO much for sharing this here, Lananas!
Back to top Go down
TheFragile

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:02 pm

Thanks for sharing.

I'm going to watch it right away.

Contribution Points : 97411

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 12:05 pm

Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed this.

One thing that stuck out to me, was the lasting effect this event had on him and how thats exactly what E & D wanted to do to all who didn't die that day. Crazy and sad all at the same time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 6:25 pm

Z_Splatter wrote:

One thing that stuck out to me, was the lasting effect this event had on him and how thats exactly what E & D wanted to do to all who didn't die that day. Crazy and sad all at the same time.
It's even sadder that E & D got most of the things they wanted. A group of followers? Just check out the columbine tag on tumblr. Fame? They have two Time Magazines dedicated to them. They wanted their victims/survivors to have flashbacks and trauma? Everyone was so traumatized, Deangelis had to change the sound of the alarms and food in the cafeteria just so the students wouldn't be reminded of April 20th. They knew movies would be made about them; thankfully, Tarantino was intelligent enough not to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 12:23 am

I really hope that Sam is able to finish his documentary too. It is a brilliant idea.

One thing I was not aware of was that he had known Dylan. I wonder if he is going to go further into their relationship in the documentary?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 2:58 am

young_and_aspiring16 wrote:
I really hope that Sam is able to finish his documentary too. It is a brilliant idea.

One thing I was not aware of was that he had known Dylan. I wonder if he is going to go further into their relationship in the documentary?

Sam goes more into depth about his friendship with Dylan in the 2nd part of his interview which can be found on this website.
Back to top Go down
TheFragile

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 2:34 pm

It was touching, really. I didn't know about Wounded Minds, but definitely it's worth a look.

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 3:40 pm

Thanks CatherineM813, I haven't seen those interviews before. Very informative on his relationship with Dylan.
Back to top Go down
Z_Splatter

Contribution Points : 97411

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 4:10 pm

Lananas wrote:
Z_Splatter wrote:

It's even sadder that E & D got most of the things they wanted. A group of followers? Just check out the columbine tag on tumblr. Fame? They have two Time Magazines dedicated to them. They wanted their victims/survivors to have flashbacks and trauma? Everyone was so traumatized, Deangelis had to change the sound of the alarms and food in the cafeteria just so the students wouldn't be reminded of April 20th. They knew movies would be made about them; thankfully, Tarantino was intelligent enough not to.

I agree. E & D got exactly what they wanted. They wanted to make a lasting impression on the world and nowadays Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold are a household name almost anywhere.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96591
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:41 pm

Is there a written transcript of this that can be found online?

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95104
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 10:40 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:

A written transcript about what exactly?, his story in general or something about this?. If its about his story that day, in the 11k you can find his statement in the cafeteria whitnesses part from p3101 to 3200-83. The links to the 11k are in this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There is also this article from 2012 about the friend of him that died in the Aurora shooting. His story is also mentioned [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
mrc123

Contribution Points : 97692

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 2:38 am

Here is the link for the Sam Granillo episode.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96591
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 8:24 pm

Mj2beat wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:

A written transcript about what exactly?, his story in general or something about this?. If its about his story that day, in the 11k you can find his statement in the cafeteria whitnesses part from p3101 to 3200-83. The links to the 11k are in this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There is also this article from 2012 about the friend of him that died in the Aurora shooting. His story is also mentioned [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No, I mean a written transcript of all that was said on the actual show.There has been transcripts of other Dateline shows online before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor featured on Dateline   Columbine survivor featured on Dateline Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Columbine survivor featured on Dateline
Page 1 of 1