Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trial Coverage

Go down 
+3
NEXT STEP UP
symbolz
Screamingophelia
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193482
Forum Reputation : 1317

Trial Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Trial Coverage   Trial Coverage Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2022 11:06 am

Hi everyone, has anyone been following the sentencing hearings and victim impact statements that are on YouTube?

There are hours of them and there's a lot of really interesting things at least to me being in the legal field and everything.

Kaynhyde likes this post

Back to top Go down
symbolz

symbolz

Contribution Points : 17754
Forum Reputation : 127

Trial Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial Coverage   Trial Coverage Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2022 5:02 pm

Wow, they're still going on? I think the last day I watched was when the verdict was read.

Screamingophelia

Trial Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial Coverage   Trial Coverage Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2022 5:35 pm

It is over, but all of the testimony and stuff is still on YouTube.

I think you can also still find the entire James Holmes trial on YouTube as well.

symbolz

Contribution Points : 17754
Forum Reputation : 127

Trial Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial Coverage   Trial Coverage Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2022 6:17 pm

Got it. With how long the trial lasted, I wouldn't have been surprised to hear the sentencing and victim impact statements were still going on! I remember watching live when the state projected his web searches about Columbine on the monitor for everyone to see. I was like Shocked

I'll have to check out the James Holmes trial, I don't think I ever watched it when it was happening. I'm in the legal field too so I love watching trials.

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 43079
Forum Reputation : 720

Trial Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial Coverage   Trial Coverage Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2022 9:19 pm

The victim impact statements blurred together for me after a while, but Joaquin's gf's impact statement hit me hard.

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.

Xtina and Kaynhyde like this post

Back to top Go down

Trial Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial Coverage   Trial Coverage Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2022 6:35 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Hi everyone, has anyone been following the sentencing hearings and victim impact statements that are on YouTube?

There are hours of them and there's a lot of really interesting things at least to me being in the legal field and everything.
i do know that he was sentenced to life in jail, which is what he deserves. i am not an advocate of the death penalty at all, it should be obvious since im on this forum, but that doesnt mean i dont believe killers should face consequences for what theyve done. killers are still human at the end of the day, but they are still a danger to society and should be locked away for public safety.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Banned

Contribution Points : 15810
Forum Reputation : 210

Trial Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial Coverage   Trial Coverage Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2022 6:16 am

They should've let me make a victim impact statement on behalf of all those who had to endure years of obnoxious twitter stans and that shitty JCS meme format. We're the real victims.

Wanderer likes this post

Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 91281
Forum Reputation : 255

Trial Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial Coverage   Trial Coverage Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2022 5:10 am

I wonder what Eric and Dylan would've thought of Nikolas Cruz overall? I think they would've laughed at him.

Rosie1756

Contribution Points : 15996
Forum Reputation : 227

Trial Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial Coverage   Trial Coverage Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2022 12:08 am

All we know is that Nikolas Cruz is an incel in a cell.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Trial Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial Coverage   Trial Coverage Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2022 2:01 am

Rosie1756 wrote:
All we know is that Nikolas Cruz is an incel in a cell.
I thought I read Cruz had a girlfriend, but it didn't work out.

Screamingophelia, NEXT STEP UP and fivefourteam like this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Trial Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial Coverage   Trial Coverage Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2022 6:32 am

Incel has lost all meaning. Along with white supremacist, epic and gourmet....

QuestionMark, symbolz, Ben and fivefourteam like this post

Back to top Go down
bradt93

Trial Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial Coverage   Trial Coverage Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 1:49 am

In all seriousness, I know bullying played a part. But as with Columbine, if Nick's mom knew before she passed away that her son was having trouble with the school, why didn't she move him and put him in another school? It's like with Dylan and Eric. Both Sue Klebold and Wayne Harris didn't want to get their kids out of that school either when they were having troubles and I don't understand that. I mean what the h*ll is wrong with you?? Mad

NEXT STEP UP likes this post

QuestionMark dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120628
Forum Reputation : 3191

Trial Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial Coverage   Trial Coverage Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 9:32 pm

bradt93 wrote:
if Nick's mom knew before she passed away that her son was having trouble with the school, why didn't she move him and put him in another school?

Good question. Better question is why she didn't have him committed or jailed for his animal cruelty, violent outbursts (which if I remember correctly included breaking her jaw), or stated and repeated desires to shoot up his school.

Sponsored content

Trial Coverage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trial Coverage   Trial Coverage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trial Coverage
Page 1 of 1