Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Columbine is Overrated

Go down 
+5
Xtina
raggedslx
Rosie1756
Wanderer
Pekka
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Pekka

Pekka

Contribution Points : 40927
Forum Reputation : 325

Columbine is Overrated  Empty
PostSubject: Columbine is Overrated    Columbine is Overrated  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2022 9:00 pm

The Columbine case is not by far the most interesting, shocking and really important case in the USA. some might say that he greatly influenced other school attacks from the 2000s onwards, which is not a lie but also a half-truth as larger and even more shocking attacks have also been known by other shooters. there is no "Modus Operandi Columbine" and there never was. this is a media creation. not the suicide after the attack, not the manifestos, not anything. this has always existed and has been part of terrorism. columbine became, under the influence of MIDIA, a force and reference in school attacks, even though there were other worse ones. I would say that currently, despite the fact that there really are numerous attacks based on columbine by columbiners, from these last 4 years, Columbine has lost and will lose even more relevance, until it becomes just another case of school terrorist attack, which in fact , was always. cases like Elliot, Pekka, Mcveigh and others are much more interesting to study than columbine. and for those still trying to defend the thesis that "columbine is vital to understanding attacks", know that many shooters did not even accept columbine.

Accept the truth: Columbine is Overrated.

genericregistryemail, Rosie1756, Ben and CUECUMBER like this post

Back to top Go down
Pekka

Pekka

PostSubject: Re: Columbine is Overrated    Columbine is Overrated  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2022 9:06 pm

Another thing: apart from those who really defined columbine as an inspiration, the other school shooters when the media says they were influenced just because they studied about it, it's the same line as saying that violent games produce crimes. Columbine was nowhere near the inspiration for most of the attacks, other than those it was clear from the perpetrators that they were inspired. that means that much of this mysticism is nothing more than self-deception.

Rosie1756 and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
Wanderer

Wanderer

Contribution Points : 20460
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: Columbine is Overrated    Columbine is Overrated  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2022 1:24 am

Indeed, people should stop crying over 2 dead kikes and finally start learning about decent people like Pentti Linkola.

Pekka

Pekka

PostSubject: Re: Columbine is Overrated    Columbine is Overrated  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2022 1:25 am

Wanderer wrote:
Indeed, people should stop crying over 2 dead kikes and finally start learning about decent people like Pentti Linkola.

This is absolutely true my friend. Linkola is amazing, an icon. including, I think I should make an article just about him here on the forum. the greatest pacifist anti-civilization thinker that ever lived. he and Jiddu Krishnamurti.

scythezoid likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rosie1756

Rosie1756

Contribution Points : 16071
Forum Reputation : 227

PostSubject: Re: Columbine is Overrated    Columbine is Overrated  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2023 3:22 am

The 'other shootings' section of this forum is far more active than the 3 Columbine sections now.
That shows that Columbine is becoming irrelevant .

Pekka and CUECUMBER like this post

Back to top Go down
Pekka

Pekka

PostSubject: Re: Columbine is Overrated    Columbine is Overrated  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2023 3:26 am

Rosie1756 wrote:
The 'other shootings' section of this forum is far more active than the 3 Columbine sections now.
That shows that Columbine is becoming irrelevant .
How nice!  this is very beneficial.  no more chasing after two suicidal boys who wanted to take as many people as they could with them.

CUECUMBER likes this post

Back to top Go down
raggedslx

raggedslx

Contribution Points : 13803
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Columbine is Overrated    Columbine is Overrated  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2023 6:40 am

yeah it's only so widely known because it was the first shooting of its kind. if it happened ten years later, it wouldn't be as big. i never saw eric and dylan as interesting people, just homicidal teenagers, and the massacre doesn't interest me at all.
Back to top Go down
Xtina
Top Contributor
Xtina

Contribution Points : 35927
Forum Reputation : 254

PostSubject: Re: Columbine is Overrated    Columbine is Overrated  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2023 8:01 am

Perhaps go make your own forum?

CUECUMBER dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 43155
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: Columbine is Overrated    Columbine is Overrated  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2023 8:15 am

They couldn't even keep the high score for that long. Smh.

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.

QuestionMark, Rosie1756 and raggedslx like this post

Back to top Go down
Pekka

Pekka

PostSubject: Re: Columbine is Overrated    Columbine is Overrated  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2023 9:54 am

raggedslx wrote:
yeah it's only so widely known because it was the first shooting of its kind. if it happened ten years later, it wouldn't be as big. i never saw eric and dylan as interesting people, just homicidal teenagers, and the massacre doesn't interest me at all.

This is an error. there have been numerous bomb attacks and detailed pre-attack planning before 1999. Columbine is Overrated! a media product only. and is only known due to the amount of material produced by the media about.

genericregistryemail likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pekka

Pekka

PostSubject: Re: Columbine is Overrated    Columbine is Overrated  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2023 9:55 am

Xtina wrote:
Perhaps go make your own forum?

no need to change when the forum allows for diversity. and it will be what makes the columbine study what it always was: obsolete.
Back to top Go down
raggedslx

raggedslx

Contribution Points : 13803
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Columbine is Overrated    Columbine is Overrated  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2023 10:20 am

Pekka wrote:
raggedslx wrote:

This is an error. there have been numerous bomb attacks and detailed pre-attack planning before 1999. Columbine is Overrated! a media product only. and is only known due to the amount of material produced by the media about.

i don't mean that it was the first school shooting but that it was the first with so much coverage. i think multiple factors, like the two shooters, attempted bombing, and it being near 2000 is why the media focused on it in particular. it notably also had the highest death count in all school shootings since the 1960s.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pekka

Pekka

PostSubject: Re: Columbine is Overrated    Columbine is Overrated  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2023 10:53 am

raggedslx wrote:
Pekka wrote:
raggedslx wrote:

i don't mean that it was the first school shooting but that it was the first with so much coverage. i think multiple factors, like the two shooters, attempted bombing, and it being near 2000 is why the media focused on it in particular. it notably also had the highest death count in all school shootings since the 1960s.

there were a few others that killed over 30. I made some posts about the history of school shooters that have been around since the 18th century.
Back to top Go down
Kaynhyde

Kaynhyde

Contribution Points : 22899
Forum Reputation : 289

PostSubject: Re: Columbine is Overrated    Columbine is Overrated  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2023 11:15 am

NEXT STEP UP wrote:

Commander Cho is more skilled, complex and deep than Eric and Dylan will ever be.

Wanderer, genericregistryemail, scythezoid and Rosie1756 like this post

Back to top Go down
Pekka

Pekka

PostSubject: Re: Columbine is Overrated    Columbine is Overrated  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2023 11:26 am

ColaEnthusiast wrote:
NEXT STEP UP wrote:

Commander Cho is more skilled, complex and deep than Eric and Dylan will ever be.

anyone is more interesting than Columbine.
Back to top Go down
Rosie1756

Rosie1756

PostSubject: Re: Columbine is Overrated    Columbine is Overrated  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2023 4:01 pm

Columbine is overrated, it is isn't it?

scythezoid dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Pekka

Pekka

PostSubject: Re: Columbine is Overrated    Columbine is Overrated  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2023 4:21 pm

Rosie1756 wrote:
Columbine is overrated, it is isn't it?

YES

Rosie1756 and CUECUMBER like this post

Back to top Go down
vril

vril

Contribution Points : 22504
Forum Reputation : 844

PostSubject: Re: Columbine is Overrated    Columbine is Overrated  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 2:59 am

First post from you I agree with

Wanderer and Pekka like this post

Back to top Go down
Rosie1756

Rosie1756

PostSubject: Re: Columbine is Overrated    Columbine is Overrated  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2023 3:55 pm

Columbine is so overrated it's unreal.....

Back to top Go down
Pekka

Pekka

PostSubject: Re: Columbine is Overrated    Columbine is Overrated  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2023 4:50 pm

Rosie1756 wrote:
Columbine is so overrated it's unreal.....

I can't understand this media madness on top of that.

Rosie1756 likes this post

Back to top Go down
CUECUMBER

CUECUMBER

Contribution Points : 9138
Forum Reputation : 110

PostSubject: Re: Columbine is Overrated    Columbine is Overrated  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2023 2:03 am

I do agree that Columbine gets too much attention compared to most other shootings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Columbine is Overrated    Columbine is Overrated  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Columbine is Overrated
Page 1 of 1