Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Empty
PostSubject:         Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2023 9:13 am

Last edited by normalface on Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
transcendentalauracel331

transcendentalauracel331

Contribution Points : 16632
Forum Reputation : 100

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2023 11:34 am

Where did you find that image of the old arcade venue? Maybe I could use that info to help track it down.

"Sat is whatever is other than the Gods and the Prana, while Tyam consists of the Gods and the Prana. All of that is comprehended by this word 'Satyam.' That is the full extent of this whole world. And you are this whole world." - (Kaushitaki Upanishad 1.6)

Nihilism is just the rejection of teleology.

"I am the punishment of God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you." - Genghis Khan
Back to top Go down

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2023 11:45 am

Last edited by normalface on Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
transcendentalauracel331

transcendentalauracel331

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2023 12:06 pm

normalface wrote:
/r/masskillers/comments/tcreus/another_place_adam_lanza_played_ddr_this_is_not/

Someone in this reddit thread claimed that this place was demolished, and if that's the case we might be shit out of luck lol, which is unfortunate because I've actually always wondered where this place was too because it looked nothing like the movie theater.
The way Adam talks about it in the PMs almost implies that this location was closer to him than Danbury 16, but I could be misinterpreting that.
Someone pointed out also that the vents on the ceiling in the image matched up with the ones in the videos Adam took.
Recently re-watched the videos, and the vents appear to be on the wall rather than the ceiling as shown in that image, but the video isn't very good quality so I can't really tell if that inward "triangular" slant is there to identify it as the ceiling in that photo. The tiles sure do look the same. The walls are green in the video, with a black trim, but that's something that can easily be changed.
So, perhaps the DDR machine was in a different room, or not in the same building as that picture at all.
Here's the archive of his videos if you want to compare yourself:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Sat is whatever is other than the Gods and the Prana, while Tyam consists of the Gods and the Prana. All of that is comprehended by this word 'Satyam.' That is the full extent of this whole world. And you are this whole world." - (Kaushitaki Upanishad 1.6)

"I am the punishment of God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you." - Genghis Khan
Back to top Go down
transcendentalauracel331

transcendentalauracel331

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2023 12:48 pm

transcendentalauracel331 wrote:
Recently re-watched the videos, and the vents appear to be on the wall rather than the ceiling as shown in that image, but the video isn't very good quality so I can't really tell if that inward "triangular" slant is there to identify it as the ceiling in that photo. The tiles sure do look the same. The walls are green in the video, with a black trim, but that's something that can easily be changed.

My doubts are cleared up, I'm basically 100% certain that that is the same building and that the DDR machine was a few feet to the left of the entrance into that other part of the building.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Darkness likes this post

Back to top Go down
transcendentalauracel331

transcendentalauracel331

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2023 11:28 pm

So, I managed to find the location of this old arcade. I just reverse google searched the image and clicked "all sizes" and it took me to this site:
It was for an auction house that opened in 2015, apparently in the same venue as "Connecticut Golf Land & Games" was in.
I found this Foursquare page for it:
Scrolling through some of the pics, it's clearly the same arcade as the one Adam Lanza went to. You cannot mistake that gaudy puke-green paintjob.
I was even able to find a 1984 commercial for the place:

Here it was, at 95 Hartford Turnpike, Vernon, CT 06066 in 2010:
According to the satellite images, it appears that the building was actually demolished in circa 2020-2021, and they actually have plans to rebuild the place under the same brand:

So, basically confirmed at this point that those DDR videos on his hard drive were filmed at Golf Land.
However, it's impossible that this was the arcade that he was referring to in his PMs. Golf Land closed permanently in 2014, and there are images from Foursquare of it being active in 2011 and 2012.
Besides, this arcade was about an hours drive from his house, so I doubt he made regular trips to this location, but I could be wrong.

Ennui, Samson and war criminal like this post

Back to top Go down
transcendentalauracel331

transcendentalauracel331

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2023 12:12 am

As it turns out, Adam wasn't the only guy who filmed himself playing at that specific DDR console lol.

Samson likes this post

Back to top Go down
Darkness

Darkness

Contribution Points : 29908
Forum Reputation : 241

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2023 1:59 am

transcendentalauracel331 wrote:
So, I managed to find the location of this old arcade. I just reverse google searched the image and clicked "all sizes" and it took me to this site:
It was for an auction house that opened in 2015, apparently in the same venue as "Connecticut Golf Land & Games" was in.
I found this Foursquare page for it:
Scrolling through some of the pics, it's clearly the same arcade as the one Adam Lanza went to. You cannot mistake that gaudy puke-green paintjob.
I was even able to find a 1984 commercial for the place:

Here it was, at 95 Hartford Turnpike, Vernon, CT 06066 in 2010:
According to the satellite images, it appears that the building was actually demolished in circa 2020-2021, and they actually have plans to rebuild the place under the same brand:

So, basically confirmed at this point that those DDR videos on his hard drive were filmed at Golf Land.
However, it's impossible that this was the arcade that he was referring to in his PMs. Golf Land closed permanently in 2014, and there are images from Foursquare of it being active in 2011 and 2012.
Besides, this arcade was about an hours drive from his house, so I doubt he made regular trips to this location, but I could be wrong.
Yeah that place was roughly 50 miles from his house. I wonder how often he went there.

transcendentalauracel331 likes this post

Back to top Go down
transcendentalauracel331

transcendentalauracel331

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2023 9:17 am

ZZZ55689 wrote:
Yeah that place was roughly 50 miles from his house. I wonder how often he went there.
If I had to guess, probably not too often. I believe that all of his DDR videos at that location were filmed on the same day.

Darkness likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Empty
PostSubject: Re:         Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting-
Jump to: