Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil

Go down 
+3
cakeman
computerman
42099_4EVA
7 posters
AuthorMessage
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

Contribution Points : 65885
Forum Reputation : 28

Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil Empty
PostSubject: Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil   Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2023 9:17 pm

I just saw a two-part video on Tiktok of Sue Klebold giving a TED talk and I must admit, I was offended by it, very offended by it. She makes Dylan out to be this sad, non-violent - converted violent depressive who was traumatized and just wanted to die, but yet was pulled into committing murder. Yet Eric was this non-feelings, psychopathic, homicidal mental case. I feel like if Dylan were alive, he wouldn't stand Sue for being that way towards Eric, considering Dylan and Eric were so close.

What Sue Klebold doesn't get is that both Eric AND Dylan were traumatized, and if we're being frankly honest, Dylan even said, "they (the Columbine students) don't bother me too much, Mom, but they sure give Eric hell."

So, I write all this to say this, see, while I feel sympathy for Dylan and I liked the personality of him, minus his murderous acts and behavior, my main majority of favoritism goes with Eric, because while Dylan could've gotten friends if he really, really wanted to, and most of the Columbine kids felt sympathy for Dylan, Eric could never get friends, and no one at Columbine really, truly liked Eric, (except maybe, and I use the term "maybe" loosely, Susan). This is why Eric skipped the prom because why go when no one would even go with him the way Robyn went with Dylan?

Between the two, Eric was the one and is the one I feel the most sorry for, because Dylan without Eric would've been okay, fix Dylan up a little bit appearance wise and he could've been super popular with plenty of girls, but Eric without Dylan? No, he couldn't make it, because he'd be alone.  Eric got the brunt of the Columbine bullying and abuse and he got the majority of the teen trauma. Eric, I feel, had the same depression, hurt and sucidal pain that Dylan had but it's just that Eric was more outward with his, whereas Dylan was more hidden with his but more calculating and manipulative with his "hiddenness." Lastly, between Eric and Dylan, I'd say I'd trust Eric more than Dylan. Dylan seemed more menacing and scarier than Eric. However, both boys suffered through abuse, bullying, trauma, depression, hurt and pain, but for Sue to make Eric out to be the Charlie Manson, and Dylan out to be the Kurt Cobain or something of the sort is wrong and if Dylan were alive and she said that, I don't think Dylan would like that, but I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. However, it makes me wonder if Sue ever really liked Eric in the first place....Anyway, I don't know, I just thought I'd share that.

Raposa, Engel, Ennui, NEXT STEP UP, vril, anna444, xDarkRazoR and like this post

Back to top Go down
computerman

Contribution Points : 26094
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil   Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2023 5:03 pm

She is a mother who lost the most precious thing in the world, one of her children. She is just trying to deal with everything. Dylan chose to be a murderer before he killed himself. He really is one. Like all the others. They all share that same thinking. At the time that is what he wanted, however if he didn't do it, he probably would have thought the victims didn't deserve it somewhere down the road and would be glad he didn't do it.

CanIHelpYou, tellecat, realnormalgirll and zerodotexe like this post

Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80497
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil   Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2023 4:46 am

" Eric got the brunt of the Columbine bullying and abuse"

Can we just admit nobody knows about "Columbine bullying and abuse" and this is an inference after the fact from dying in the library?

42099_4EVA and CanIHelpYou dislike this post

Back to top Go down
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

Contribution Points : 65885
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil   Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2023 5:24 am

cakeman wrote:
"  Eric got the brunt of the Columbine bullying and abuse"

Can we just admit nobody knows about "Columbine bullying and abuse"  and this is an inference after the fact from dying in the library?

Um, no because there are were other parents, I believe one or two, who said that their kids, at Columbine, went through similar bullying and abuse that Eric went through. Bullying and abuse was a big factor at Columbine, this is based off of research.
Back to top Go down
CanIHelpYou

CanIHelpYou

Contribution Points : 43239
Forum Reputation : 177

PostSubject: Re: Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil   Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2023 6:18 am

They were both poopieheads

Kaynhyde

Kaynhyde

Contribution Points : 22574
Forum Reputation : 289

PostSubject: Re: Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil   Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2023 3:09 pm

CanIHelpYou wrote:

Or in the words of one Charles Manson, a poopbutt

CanIHelpYou and vril like this post

Back to top Go down
computerman

PostSubject: Re: Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil   Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 12:34 am

Last edited by computerman on Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
computerman

PostSubject: Re: Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil   Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 12:41 am

Back to top Go down
computerman

PostSubject: Re: Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil   Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 12:44 am

Back to top Go down
computerman

PostSubject: Re: Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil   Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 12:47 am

Back to top Go down
computerman

PostSubject: Re: Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil   Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 12:51 am

Eric and Dylan were mass murderers like all the others. They were insane though in some way. It never would have happened with some wisdom and guidance. Something to let them know that it wasn't the end of the world whatever it was, and to be hopeful that some good will still happen even though it seems ruined. Never lose hope.
Back to top Go down
computerman

PostSubject: Re: Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil   Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 12:52 am

Also I am convinced that everyone gets punished, that no one gets away with anything at all, there is some super rich group that runs the world, even above governments, and they punish everyone that does anything and the people don't even know it happened, and they punish even world leaders and the all powerful because they are some group beyond all powerful and no one gets away with anything.
Back to top Go down
computerman

PostSubject: Re: Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil   Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 12:57 am

Alright don't go on a killing spree it was Dylan's suicide after some kind of failed attempt and it makes no logical sense and people lost their lives and they do not deserve it.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80497
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil   Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 1:04 am

42099_4EVA wrote:
cakeman wrote:
"  Eric got the brunt of the Columbine bullying and abuse"

Can we just admit nobody knows about "Columbine bullying and abuse"  and this is an inference after the fact from dying in the library?

Um, no because there are were other parents, I believe one or two, who said that their kids, at Columbine, went through similar bullying and abuse that Eric went through. Bullying and abuse was a big factor at Columbine, this is based off of research.

But it isn't and saying it doesn't make it so. What would these unnamed one or two parents know? That you somehow know these unnamed reports are "similar to what Eric went through" is assuming the very thing at issue. That means before hearing them you know what Eric went through. And you don't - they're your evidence at what he went through. It's an attempt at rational reconstruction, and not unlike Randy referring to imaginary evidence rather than admit basic things about the case.

Enough research would show you it is a faulty inference from imagining the attack as only a shooting, the deaths in the library, and what they said in the library - and an article of faith for the fandom.  The 15 crosses were put up almost immediately, the students spreading rumors about this almost immediately, not after mysterious parents came out to say they were bullied.  Nobody would say a thing about alleged bullying at Columbine without the massacre, the suicide mission.

That they weren't targeting jocks/bullies (and blacks and Christians) as simply shooters, but hoping to kill everyone in a combined shooting/bombing, is why the magazines and Jeffco publications in May 1999 asked "WHY?" That story was supposed to die on April 22, when it became a bombing.  The only reason it doesn't is because Randy was traumatized and stuck on April 20. The same for other myths from the early days, like Eric killing Dylan, like the bombs being planted over prom. Dead for everyone but Randy and those who consider him an authority, and those who want it to be true so they have the fanfiction.

Last edited by cakeman on Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:14 am; edited 6 times in total

vril likes this post

Back to top Go down
Engel

Engel

Contribution Points : 36159
Forum Reputation : 197

PostSubject: Re: Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil   Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 1:55 am

ColaEnthusiast wrote:
CanIHelpYou wrote:

Or in the words of one Charles Manson, a poopbutt

"Humanity is overrated, isn't it?" - Matti Saari

"Live in virtue, no desire
And in the grave an angel's choir
You look to heaven and wonder why
No one can see them in the sky

Just as the clouds have gone to sleep
Angels can be seen in heaven's keep
Alone in fear, they question why
Goddamn, not an angel when I die
" - Engel, Rammstein (English version)
Back to top Go down
Akknowslife

Akknowslife

Contribution Points : 45076
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil   Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2023 10:33 am

I feel as if both of them were increasing each others inner demon and hatred, so calling one of them the monster another one the angel is pretty absurd. But she is a mother and mother's will almost always try to whitewash their child as much as possible
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil   Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan was the angel, Eric was the devil
Page 1 of 1