Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Dunblane massacre, 27 years later

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaynhyde

Kaynhyde

Contribution Points : 22599
Forum Reputation : 289

The Dunblane massacre, 27 years later Empty
PostSubject: The Dunblane massacre, 27 years later   The Dunblane massacre, 27 years later Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2023 4:24 pm

On Wednesday, March 13th, 1996, 43 year old Thomas Hamilton would use a 9mm Browning HP handgun and a Smith and Wesson M19 .357 revolver to kill 16 students and 1 teacher, as well as badly injuring 15 more at Dunblane Primary School in Dunblane, Scotland, before taking his own life. Often known as the “British Sandy Hook”, the massacre lead to a nationwide ban on all handguns and calibers shortly after, even the smaller .22lr round. It was the worst mass casualty event in the UK since the Hungerford massacre in 1987, in which 16 were killed.

The victims:
Abigail McLellan, age 5
Victoria Clydesdale, age 5
Sophie North, age 5
Ross Irvine, age 5
Mhairi MacBeath, age 5
Melissa Currie, age 5
Megan Turner, age 5
Kevin Hassell, age 5
John Petrie, age 5
Joanna Ross, age 5
Hannah Scott, age 5
Emma Crozier, age 5
Emily Morten, age 5
David Kerr, age 5
Charlotte Dunn, age 5
Brett McKinnon, age 6
Gwen Mayor, 45

vril, anna444 and war criminal like this post

Back to top Go down
Bookish

Bookish

Contribution Points : 21775
Forum Reputation : 195

PostSubject: Re: The Dunblane massacre, 27 years later   The Dunblane massacre, 27 years later Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2023 8:49 pm

Since it happened before sandy hook, wouldn’t it be that sandy hook is the American dumblane and not the other way round? I’m not sure if time makes a difference.
Because I’m old I remember this happening, it was absolutely all anyone was talking about news wise because it was so sad and so out of the blue. Glad to say nothing like it has happened since in the uk.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Contribution Points : 13514
Forum Reputation : 92

PostSubject: Re: The Dunblane massacre, 27 years later   The Dunblane massacre, 27 years later Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 8:50 am

Weird how the documents and police reports were sealed for 100 years, seems a bit excessive to me.

NEXT STEP UP, Kaynhyde, vril, war criminal, Licht and yves like this post

Back to top Go down
vril

vril

Contribution Points : 22204
Forum Reputation : 844

PostSubject: Re: The Dunblane massacre, 27 years later   The Dunblane massacre, 27 years later Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 2:56 pm

Samson wrote:
Weird how the documents and police reports were sealed for 100 years, seems a bit excessive to me.

We gettin out da hood in 2096  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Still will come out before Half Life 3...

Kaynhyde, Samson and war criminal like this post

Back to top Go down
Licht

Licht

Contribution Points : 11988
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: The Dunblane massacre, 27 years later   The Dunblane massacre, 27 years later Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2023 5:07 am

Samson wrote:

British gubernment does stupid shit, what else is new.

Kaynhyde, vril and Samson like this post

Back to top Go down
Kaynhyde

Kaynhyde

PostSubject: Re: The Dunblane massacre, 27 years later   The Dunblane massacre, 27 years later Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2023 7:26 am

Bookish wrote:
Since it happened before sandy hook, wouldn’t it be that sandy hook is the American dumblane and not the other way round? I’m not sure if time makes a difference.
Because I’m old I remember this happening, it was absolutely all anyone was talking about news wise because it was so sad and so out of the blue. Glad to say nothing like it has happened since in the uk.

I was just saying but alright lol
Back to top Go down
Bookish

Bookish

Contribution Points : 21775
Forum Reputation : 195

PostSubject: Re: The Dunblane massacre, 27 years later   The Dunblane massacre, 27 years later Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2023 7:30 am

Sorry no offence meant, I was just wondering.
Back to top Go down
Kaynhyde

Kaynhyde

PostSubject: Re: The Dunblane massacre, 27 years later   The Dunblane massacre, 27 years later Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2023 10:15 am

Licht wrote:
Samson wrote:

British gubernment does stupid shit, what else is new.

After Derrick Bird they should've banned Citroën Xsara Picasso's.

vril likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dunblane massacre, 27 years later   The Dunblane massacre, 27 years later Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dunblane massacre, 27 years later
Page 1 of 1