Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Virginia Tech, 16 years later

Go down 
+3
yves
vril
Kaynhyde
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaynhyde

Kaynhyde

Contribution Points : 23099
Forum Reputation : 289

Virginia Tech, 16 years later Empty
PostSubject: Virginia Tech, 16 years later   Virginia Tech, 16 years later Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 1:52 pm

On Monday, April 16th, 2007, between 7:15 and 9:51am EDT, 32 people would lose their lives on the West Ambler Johnson and Norris Hall branches of the Virginia Tech campus in Blacksburg, Virginia. 23 year old fellow student Seung Hui Cho used a Glock 19 and a Walther P22 in the attacks. It was the deadliest mass shooting in modern American history, surpassed by the Pulse nightclub attack in 2016 and the Las Vegas shooting in 2017.

Victims:
Jamie Bishop (35) Pine Mountain, Georgia
—German instructor
Jocelyne Couture-Nowak (49) Montreal, Quebec, Canada
—professor of French
Kevin Granata (45) Toledo, Ohio
—professor of Engineering
Liviu Librescu (76) Ploiești, Romania
G. V. Loganathan (53) Gobichettipalayam, Tamil Nadu, India
Ross Alameddine (20) Saugus, Massachusetts
—sophomore
Brian Bluhm (25) Louisville, Kentucky
—masters student
Ryan Clark (22) Martinez, Georgia
—senior
Austin Cloyd (18) Champaign, Illinois
—freshman
Daniel Perez Cueva (21) Woodbridge, Virginia/Peru
—junior
Matthew Gwaltney (24) Chesterfield County, Virginia
—masters student
Caitlin Hammaren (19) Westtown, New York
—sophomore
Jeremy Herbstritt (27) Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
—masters student
Rachael Hill (18) Richmond, Virginia
—freshman
Emily Hilscher (19) Woodville, Virginia
—freshman
Jarrett Lane (22) Narrows, Virginia
—senior
Matthew La Porte (20) Dumont, New Jersey
—sophomore
Henry J. Lee (20) Roanoke, Virginia/Vietnam
—freshman
Partahi Lumbantoruan (34) Medan, Indonesia
—PhD student
Lauren McCain (20) Hampton, Virginia[57]
—freshman
Daniel O'Neil (22) Lincoln, Rhode Island
—masters student
Juan Ramon Ortiz (26) Bayamón, Puerto Rico
—masters student
Minal Panchal (26) Mumbai, India[60]
—masters student
Erin Peterson (18) Centreville, Virginia
—freshman
Michael Pohle Jr. (23) Flemington, New Jersey
—senior
Julia Pryde (23) Middletown Township, New Jersey
—masters student
Mary Read (19) Annandale, Virginia
—freshman
Reema Samaha (18) Centreville, Virginia
—freshman
Waleed Shaalan (32) Zagazig, Egypt
—PhD student
Leslie Sherman (20) Springfield, Virginia
—junior
Maxine Turner (22) Vienna, Virginia
—senior
Nicole White (20) Smithfield, Virginia
—junior

tellecat likes this post

Back to top Go down
vril

vril

Contribution Points : 22704
Forum Reputation : 844

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tech, 16 years later   Virginia Tech, 16 years later Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 3:56 pm

Crazy that there are people on this forum who weren't even alive when V-Tech happened.

V-Tech has to be one of my favorite cases but there's a MAJOR lack of info. You get to a point very quickly while researching the case where you've read & seen everything available. Virginia has horrible Public Information laws and NBC has kept most of Cho's package to themselves. It's a shame Cho didn't upload his multimedia manifesto online but he obviously wanted time to destroy his computer and telling the internet what you're about to do and then having to spend like 30 minutes gearing up, destroying your hard drive, and walking to the building would give ample time for the pigs to respond. Cho definitely has the most interesting mindset out of all the shooters, minus a few others.

Anyways, crazy that the deadliest American school shooting is pretty much forgotten in the public eye. Nobody really cares about Cho or the shooting, even in TCC (hate that term) circles. Show me ONE Cho fangirl on twitter, you can't. It's as if everyone overlooks Cho for some reason, even I do at times due to the complete lack of new info. Damn...

QuestionMark, TheNeuroSurge, Kaynhyde, tellecat, buffalobill91, mflergen, yves and Woundfucker like this post

Back to top Go down
yves

yves

Contribution Points : 13211
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tech, 16 years later   Virginia Tech, 16 years later Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 5:42 pm

vril wrote:
Crazy that there are people on this forum who weren't even alive when V-Tech happened.

V-Tech has to be one of my favorite cases but there's a MAJOR lack of info. You get to a point very quickly while researching the case where you've read & seen everything available. Virginia has horrible Public Information laws and NBC has kept most of Cho's package to themselves. It's a shame Cho didn't upload his multimedia manifesto online but he obviously wanted time to destroy his computer and telling the internet what you're about to do and then having to spend like 30 minutes gearing up, destroying your hard drive, and walking to the building would give ample time for the pigs to respond. Cho definitely has the most interesting mindset out of all the shooters, minus a few others.

Anyways, crazy that the deadliest American school shooting is pretty much forgotten in the public eye. Nobody really cares about Cho or the shooting, even in TCC (hate that term) circles. Show me ONE Cho fangirl on twitter, you can't. It's as if everyone overlooks Cho for some reason, even I do at times due to the complete lack of new info. Damn...

It really is a shame that VT was basically swept under the rug. For such a high kill count, you'd think that there'd be more people analyzing it.It feels like a lot of school shootings before 2010 are majorly forgotten about. I guess since it was a university shooting that involved mostly young adults instead of high schoolers or children most people don't talk much about it.

I knew a few Cho fangirls on Tumblr before the TCC purge, but never on Twitter. Twitter fangirls aren't big fans of buzz cuts Razz

Kaynhyde

Contribution Points : 23099
Forum Reputation : 289

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tech, 16 years later   Virginia Tech, 16 years later Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 6:16 pm

yves wrote:
vril wrote:

It really is a shame that VT was basically swept under the rug. For such a high kill count, you'd think that there'd be more people analyzing it.It feels like a lot of school shootings before 2010 are majorly forgotten about. I guess since it was a university shooting that involved mostly young adults instead of high schoolers or children most people don't talk much about it.

I knew a few Cho fangirls on Tumblr before the TCC purge, but never on Twitter. Twitter fangirls aren't big fans of buzz cuts Razz

Gotta love when people hyper-analyze a minuscule shooting like Weis Market, instead of Virginia Tech. (Possibly because Cho wasn’t a trannie, them TCC fan girls don’t wanna be bigots).

TheNeuroSurge, vril and buffalobill91 like this post

Back to top Go down
tellecat

tellecat

Contribution Points : 19633
Forum Reputation : 461

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tech, 16 years later   Virginia Tech, 16 years later Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 6:45 pm

i really liked that they re-opened norris hall as a center for violence prevention studies instead of just tearing the building down. they might have only been able to do that since vtech is a higher institution of learning as opposed to a high school or elementary, but i think it's such a good way to honor the victims in a really productive way. rest in peace to the 32 innocent lives that were taken, i'll be thinking of them today.

Arano dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
vril

vril

Contribution Points : 22704
Forum Reputation : 844

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tech, 16 years later   Virginia Tech, 16 years later Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 9:37 pm

tellecat wrote:
i really liked that they re-opened norris hall as a center for violence prevention studies instead of just tearing the building down. they might have only been able to do that since vtech is a higher institution of learning as opposed to a high school or elementary, but i think it's such a good way to honor the victims in a really productive way. rest in peace to the 32 innocent lives that were taken, i'll be thinking of them today.

That's because Universities like that are established and all of the buildings have long histories while your average k-12 schools are easily replaceable. There are a million schools just like Robb Elementary out there, all mediocre and indistinguishable from one another. You can easily tear one down and prop another up, American schools are unanimous in being forgettable, unless you live in a nice area where people actually care about the quality of their kids' schooling.

tellecat likes this post

Back to top Go down
tellecat

tellecat

Contribution Points : 19633
Forum Reputation : 461

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tech, 16 years later   Virginia Tech, 16 years later Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 9:41 pm

vril wrote:
tellecat wrote:

That's because Universities like that are established and all of the buildings have long histories while your average k-12 schools are easily replaceable. There are a million schools just like Robb Elementary out there, all mediocre and indistinguishable from one another. You can easily tear one down and prop another up, American schools are unanimous in being forgettable, unless you live in a nice area where people actually care about the quality of their kids' schooling.

yeah that makes sense. i think it would be cool if they did that on more college campuses that have had shootings. lord knows we need more research for violence prevention. i think v tech has set a good example in how to build back after an awful event like that.

vril likes this post

Back to top Go down
Engel

Engel

Contribution Points : 36833
Forum Reputation : 197

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tech, 16 years later   Virginia Tech, 16 years later Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 11:17 pm

He didn't have to do this...

TheNeuroSurge, Kaynhyde, proshooter and Licht like this post

Back to top Go down
Licht

Licht

Contribution Points : 12488
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tech, 16 years later   Virginia Tech, 16 years later Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 1:41 am

Engel wrote:

He didn't have to do this...

8bit Cho sprite lives in my head rent free.

TheNeuroSurge, Engel and Kaynhyde like this post

Back to top Go down
Engel

Engel

Contribution Points : 36833
Forum Reputation : 197

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tech, 16 years later   Virginia Tech, 16 years later Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2023 11:16 pm

Thanks to you, he died, like Jesus Christ, to inspire the weak and the defenseless people...

"Humanity is overrated, isn't it?" - Matti Saari

"Live in virtue, no desire
And in the grave an angel's choir
You look to heaven and wonder why
No one can see them in the sky

Just as the clouds have gone to sleep
Angels can be seen in heaven's keep
Alone in fear, they question why
Goddamn, not an angel when I die
" - Engel, Rammstein (English version)

James411, QuestionMark, TheNeuroSurge, lifelover and mflergen like this post

Back to top Go down
proshooter

proshooter

Contribution Points : 17577
Forum Reputation : 285

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tech, 16 years later   Virginia Tech, 16 years later Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2023 2:06 pm

His aim was legendary.

QuestionMark, TheNeuroSurge, Engel, lifelover and mflergen like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virginia Tech, 16 years later   Virginia Tech, 16 years later Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Virginia Tech, 16 years later
Page 1 of 1