Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mass Shooters if they had no guns?

Go down 
+5
Lizzy
QStrange
REBDOMINE99
QuestionMark
yves
9 posters
AuthorMessage
yves

yves

Contribution Points : 13011
Forum Reputation : 27

Mass Shooters if they had no guns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters if they had no guns?   Mass Shooters if they had no guns? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2023 4:42 pm

I honestly feel like Nikolas Cruz and possibly Salvador would’ve gotten into arson. They just seems like the type to set a neighbor’s mailbox on fire. Lanza probably would’ve killed himself.
Someone like Pekka might’ve gotten into weapons such as knives and the sort, but maybe as just a passive interest. It’s interesting to think about.

QuestionMark, BlackAndWhiteKittenz, transcendentalauracel331 and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120703
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters if they had no guns?   Mass Shooters if they had no guns? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 9:46 pm

I remember reading once that Lanza had a katana in his house so I think he might've used that instead. I also remember reading that Stephen Paddock had some components for explosives so I think he could've built a bomb.

I think Cho would've been the kind of person to resort to arson moreso than other shooters, mostly because he had enough foresight to lock the doors.

Nikolas Cruz would've probably killed someone without committing a rampage.

BlackAndWhiteKittenz, Kaynhyde, vril, anna444, buffalobill91, Carnations and yves like this post

Back to top Go down
REBDOMINE99

REBDOMINE99

Contribution Points : 37037
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters if they had no guns?   Mass Shooters if they had no guns? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2023 5:31 pm

I honestly think vladislav would've resorted to judt his explosives

QuestionMark, Engel, Kartoffeln, vril, Lizzy and losercide like this post

Back to top Go down
QStrange

Contribution Points : 18805
Forum Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters if they had no guns?   Mass Shooters if they had no guns? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2023 8:25 pm

Legatus wrote:
This is a genuine question because there are some people who think that they would abuse other weapons for example and other think the crime wouldn't have happened for example I think Nikolas Cruz would have not done his crime if he and moved on and accepted his inherited money if had no firearm but I think Lanza would have looked into other weapons because of his preoccupation with mass murder and I think Slavador Ramos would have killed himself. I tried to post this in r/masskillers but it got taken of just like any relevant question would their in favor of reminding people about some anniversary.
9/11 - 2,996 deaths, 37,000+ injuries (no guns needed)
Oklahoma City bombing - 168 deaths, 680+ injuries (no guns)
Happy Land fire - 87 deaths, 6 injuries (again, no guns)
Las Vegas only came in at fourth place and only two mass shootings even made it to 50 people (Paddock included).

So in other words, they'd use whatever's freely accessible to them. If somebody is crazy (or stupid) enough to actually risk throwing their lives away over something like this, chances are taking their guns away isn't gonna do much (if they're dedicated enough). And that we have already seen many times before.

QuestionMark and Kaynhyde like this post

Back to top Go down
Lizzy

Lizzy

Contribution Points : 12571
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters if they had no guns?   Mass Shooters if they had no guns? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2023 9:49 am

That is such an interessting question. I agree w/ what the others proposed, like, I just think that some would have just killed themselves (for ex : Jeff Weise, because bad life + bullying) and others would have try and hurt persons in every way possible (ex : Lanza (?), Breivik, Roof,...).
I think that if one desire to create an impact on society and change minds, ideologies, etc... or even to, in a way, "inspire" other like-minded people, then every methods is good.
And besides, you can that in countries that doesn't have such a big gun culture, such as my country, France.
I don't know, though, and I would be interssted in what others might think about this...

(sorry if my grammar is poor or I didn't replied correctly, long time lurker, first time poster.)

vril and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 43154
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters if they had no guns?   Mass Shooters if they had no guns? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2023 7:35 pm

Vladislav would've gone down the David Copeland route IMO, just without the Nazism and propelled by the general apathy that drove his IRL killing spree.

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.

Engel likes this post

Back to top Go down
transcendentalauracel331

transcendentalauracel331

Contribution Points : 16732
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters if they had no guns?   Mass Shooters if they had no guns? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2023 8:58 pm

If Elliot Rodger (spree killer, IK, IK) couldn't get guns, I could see him going down two possible paths;

1. He kills a bunch of people and himself, using a car/truck and benzos with alcohol respectively. I can't see him killing himself without getting some kind of "revenge" and I can't see him at least trying to kill himself to avoid going to prison if he were to commit some kind of violent act.

2. He rides out the rest of college, drinking alcohol, being alone, and living off of his parents. But then in 2020, the pandemic hits and he has nothing else to do, so he starts doing calisthenics and lifting weights. By 2021 he's looking at gigachad memes. He's now a Russian Orthodox convert and is a moderator in an Orthobro/Tradcath discord server. Fast forward to 2023, he's making a living off of daytrading and dropshipping (or at least that's what his Twitter bio says), he's seen every Andrew Tate clip under the sun, he's planning to wife up some 6/10 and is literally the most insufferable person ever. Tells all of his incel friends that they can also make it if they "self improve" and become a christpilled lifter.

"Sat is whatever is other than the Gods and the Prana, while Tyam consists of the Gods and the Prana. All of that is comprehended by this word 'Satyam.' That is the full extent of this whole world. And you are this whole world." - (Kaushitaki Upanishad 1.6)

Nihilism is just the rejection of teleology.

"I am the punishment of God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you." - Genghis Khan

QuestionMark, Amokauliflower, Kartoffeln, Bookish, NEXT STEP UP, Kaynhyde, vril and like this post

Back to top Go down
ChoHuiSeung

ChoHuiSeung

Contribution Points : 17625
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters if they had no guns?   Mass Shooters if they had no guns? Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2023 3:26 am

I don't think a lot of mass shooters would have continued on with their plan if they didn't have guns maybe with knives and vehicles but i think a lot of them are too stupid to use other weapons or even get a hold of them. I could see a few like Adam Lanza he most likely would have only killed his mother, Elliot Rodger would have possibly try to become a serial killer, and maybe Omar Mateen would have tried run people over. There are some others that most likely would have tried with other weapons but would either have low kill counts or fail. Also I don't think we would have so many mass shooters because most of them are just copycats that try to replicate the people before them and try their best to out do them in killings. If people like Adam Lanza, The Columbine kids, and Elliot Rodger didn't have guns they would have very low kill counts. So the copycats wouldn't really be inspired by them. Also a lot of these dudes are very into guns so i don't think knives would appeal to them. Some of them would either kill their parents, kill themselves, or move on with life. Bombs maybe but most these dudes would just accidentally blow themselves up or the bomb wouldn't work. Vehicles would be the closest thing for them to get possible kill counts but that's mainly done by incels and terrorists. The older guys would probably become attempted serial killers.

Kartoffeln, BlackAndWhiteKittenz, vril, anna444, buffalobill91 and losercide like this post

Back to top Go down
CUECUMBER

CUECUMBER

Contribution Points : 9138
Forum Reputation : 110

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters if they had no guns?   Mass Shooters if they had no guns? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2023 11:56 am

I think Pekka could have become involved in internet hacking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shooters if they had no guns?   Mass Shooters if they had no guns? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mass Shooters if they had no guns?
Page 1 of 1