Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Titanic and Columbine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80622
Forum Reputation : 1491

The Titanic and Columbine Empty
PostSubject: The Titanic and Columbine   The Titanic and Columbine Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2023 6:33 pm

With the recent implosion of the Titan submersible, again the Titanic is in the news, and it makes one like me retrace their interest in that shipwreck.

And I can't help but make comparisons to Columbine when it is any case, but especially one so relevant to the same time period.

First, the Titan submersible was basically a pipe bomb when it should have been a propane tank. Propane tanks are regularly used for DIY submersibles.  The main bombs at Columbine were propane tanks with pipe bombs attached - and the inability of the pipe bombs to breech the canister as it does in video games was why the plan was set up to be a childish failure. That propane tanks aren't breeched by the depths of the ocean shows why that does not work.   Further, perhaps the least likely, but one option for how the Titan submersible failed is that the end caps came off.  Many pipe bombs at Columbine failed for that reason.

Secondly, the Titanic of course was a tragedy more on the scale of what the Columbine attack perpetrators envisioned. Also, it was a very popular film at the time. Their explosives fashioned from CO2 canisters they dubbed "noisy crickets" due to the gun in the film Men In Black.  Men In Black was summer of 1997.  Titanic was Christmas of 1997.  In fact the dream sequence by Leonardo DiCaprio's character in the Basketball Diaries was speculated to have influenced the attack.

Third, officers on the Titanic had guns, which they used to keep back people from rushing the lifeboats. Gunshots rang out at several different points. It has been speculated ever since the sinking that one of those was a suicide. It seems the perfect time for one. One can hardly blame somebody in that situation preferring to die by gunshot rather than drowning or freezing. Some speculated it was Captain Smith, going down with the ship. Others that it was a man named Murdoch, who manned the lifeboats on one side of the ship.  The film uses Murdoch:

For this last point one has to understand the background of my[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Columbine.

It seems to me an oft missed aspect of the Columbine attack that they were not ever going to be firing from the parking lot, but from just where they started, to fire upon the emergency exit when the fire alarm from the first cafeteria bomb made the students in the library evacuate.

It is an equally missed aspect of the attack that the times for when the bombs were set is all wrong and they did not all fail before the shooting began.

And it also seems to me an oft missed aspect of the Columbine attack is the wish from the perps to be at least initially confused for student victims of the attack by the investigation (and what that says about perps fans). The last molotov and their last bombs seem to have been used in a hope to light the fuse and blow up their corpses just as they tried to blow up students after killing them like it was Duke Nukem 3D and they come back alive if you don't.

This arguably can explain the differing suicide methods. What happened versus what was planned. One suicide - Eric's - is meant to resemble what ended up happening. He did to himself what he did to Cassie, and others. Another suicide's - Dylan's - is meant to resemble what was supposed to happen. Sniped from the emergency exit.  

But it seems even more than that. I would bet a few dollars he did it this way to mimic DOOMguy's face when he is dead. DOOM of course is on a 2-dimensional computer monitor, and so shows depth by using the vertical dimension. When you are dead one's face and head has become "raw hamburger". Just as when he shot Cassie, he made his nose bleed to mimic DOOMguy.

While a shot to the temple is very much standard, the above still has me search similarly for a media influence on Dylan's suicide method. Murdoch also appears to be left-handed. Of course, with the Titanic, we will probably never be able to tease apart who killed themselves from who died, as I think they hoped for with Columbine.

Not to mention, Eric says he was thinking of doing the attack "before or after prom" but presumably after his 18th birthday, and that would include the date of the sinking of the Titanic on April 15. An awful, cold April night to contrast with the fiery April morning of "NBK".

ANOMIC, lifelover and buffalobill91 like this post

Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: The Titanic and Columbine   The Titanic and Columbine Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2023 1:44 pm

Another parallel I did not mention was that Murdoch wears a glove just as both perps wore one "punk glove" and as DOOMguy wears a glove.

Back to top Go down
AmyistWarrior
Banned

Contribution Points : 12672
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Titanic and Columbine   The Titanic and Columbine Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2023 1:48 pm

It is ridiculous to compare a tragic accident like the Titanic and a brutal massacre like Columbine.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: The Titanic and Columbine   The Titanic and Columbine Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2023 1:54 pm

Shitty fat ex gf troll is shitty and tries to pretend I said Bruce Ismay was a mass murderer (while she likes the post on her other accounts). There's even a children's book series including both Titanic and Columbine.

Another thing to note is Murdoch shoots himself with his hat on, as did Dylan.

AmyistWarrior dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Ghost_Of_Pekka

Ghost_Of_Pekka

Contribution Points : 10017
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Titanic and Columbine   The Titanic and Columbine Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2023 8:05 pm

m

AmyistWarrior dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

PostSubject: Re: The Titanic and Columbine   The Titanic and Columbine Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2023 9:39 pm

Thanks for bumping my thread, angry a-log.

AmyistWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Titanic and Columbine   The Titanic and Columbine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Titanic and Columbine
Page 1 of 1