Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2004 Evidence Exhibit

Go down 
+14
TheGoodGuy
InsaneIntruder
edgelord
nicolonoscopy
FIBAgent
thenight_watchman
EGSandrew
Draw_It_White
sororityalpha
Jbow89
Fatheroftwo
shades
_CannibaLCorpsE_
ThoughtBox
18 posters
AuthorMessage
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83896
Forum Reputation : 13

2004 Evidence Exhibit Empty
PostSubject: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 3:33 pm

Did Jeffco destroy most if not all of the evidence displayed at the (in)famous Feb 2004 evidence exhibit? I can't really seem to find the answer, or have overlooked it.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
_CannibaLCorpsE_

_CannibaLCorpsE_

Contribution Points : 66208
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 11:49 pm

By now, my guess is its been destroyed. Pretty sad though, considering its importance in history.

shades

Contribution Points : 79711
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 9:33 am

It'd be shame if they did, I'd do anything to keep most of them. Eric's belongings to be exact.

Contribution Points : 83238

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 7:04 pm

early 2011 the existing evidence was destroyed along with the Basement Tapes.
Back to top Go down
Jbow89

Contribution Points : 74960

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 5:13 pm

How do cops destroy evidence? Do they put it in a incinerator?
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 6:02 pm

Jbow89 wrote:
How do cops destroy evidence? Do they put it in a incinerator?

Jeffco incinerated the balance of the evidence per a source, but I've never confirmed it via print or the net.

this is as close that I can find:

"Kelley says Sheriff Ted Mink approved the destruction of the tapes -- along with shell casings, weapons and other remaining Columbine evidence -- in early 2011. The obliteration of the videos was only acknowledged recently, though, after a private party filed an open records request seeking access to the basement tapes. A response from the county attorney's office noted that the sheriff's office "no longer has any documents in its possession responsive to your request.""
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79711
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 12:29 pm

Fatheroftwo wrote:
The obliteration of the videos was only acknowledged recently, though, after a private party filed an open records request seeking access to the basement tapes.

Which one of you was this?! Razz

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124034
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 12:41 pm

This article also explains the destruction of the Basement Tapes & other evidence:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jbow89

Contribution Points : 74960

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 3:36 pm

Idc how many times I read about the tapes being destroyed it makes my blood boil. Didn't the Feds investigate Columbine? Would they have copies of the tapes archived somewhere?
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 3:40 pm

Possibly, I do know the FBI had copies of some of the Columbine Evidence.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97993
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 3:40 pm

The copies the Police had probably are gone but there are others out there.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 3:53 pm

Pages 435-442 lists some evidence the FBI had.

In that list is the full 911 library call and a lot of other stuff.

The FBI may have received a copy of the Basement Tapes.

A copy of Item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was given to one the FBI agents to transfer to the Command Post and who knows what he did with it after that.

FBI was present during viewing of the Basement Tapes as well.
Back to top Go down
EGSandrew
Randy Stair
September 17, 1992 -
June 8, 2017
EGSandrew

Contribution Points : 67328

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 6:58 pm

Jbow89 wrote:
Idc how many times I read about the tapes being destroyed it makes my blood boil. Didn't the Feds investigate Columbine? Would they have copies of the tapes archived somewhere?
Reading anything about evidence being destroyed makes my blood boil. It's historic for crying out loud; even if it's for the wrong reasons. I guarantee the FBI has a copy somewhere....Probably locked in a vault until the end of time. ~_~ I'm just waiting for the day where I'll wake up and see that the Basement Tapes were leaked on YouTube. I can dream right? =/

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 3:57 pm

EGSandrew wrote:
Jbow89 wrote:
Reading anything about evidence being destroyed makes my blood boil. It's historic for crying out loud; even if it's for the wrong reasons. I guarantee the FBI has a copy somewhere....Probably locked in a vault until the end of time. ~_~ I'm just waiting for the day where I'll wake up and see that the Basement Tapes were leaked on YouTube. I can dream right?  =/

agree, I'd be shocked if a few parties/orgs don't have copies.. and I'd be shocked if they ever see the light of day to the public.

JeffCo was exposed for being the embarrassment they truly are.. before, during and after 4/20. Sad that they were empowered or allowed to make decisions on any of the evidence availability or destruction.

Mink, who ordered the tapes destroyed, was actually initially a leader with authority that truly represented the people and best interest.. the machine quickly swallowed him up tho and put an end to his efforts. Mink had to back off and play the game or else he would have been out of a job or dead sooner or later.

I can't even imagine being intimately connected to the victims of Columbine and having to deal with the bureaucracy & corruption of JeffCo. Salt to the wound in the realization that these so called public servants were borderline idiots and public rights were violated yet powerless. John Stone, the JeffCo top dog, was last seen in a part time role as a baker at Costco.

Low IQ, low integrity and an abysmal level of self awareness or respect for others intelligence defined.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97993
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 4:22 pm

Is that correct about John Stone?

I know he went to work in airport security for a while.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 6:31 am

Draw_It_White wrote:
Is that correct about John Stone?

I know he went to work in airport security for a while.

yes, that was discovered by none other than Randy & Judy Brown by accident. A rare moment of justice in this case.
Back to top Go down
thenight_watchman

thenight_watchman

Contribution Points : 65247

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 12:50 am

Do you think they said they destroyed the evidence, but still have a majority? I know they do that sometimes to get people off their back about evidence. I mean, they can't just chuck it all. Without some preservation of the past, we end up repeating history.

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 1:05 am

Hard to say.

There is only one article that states this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
thenight_watchman

thenight_watchman

Contribution Points : 65247

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 2:05 am

sororityalpha wrote:
Hard to say.

There is only one article that states this:

I completely understand where they're coming from with the want of not releasing the tapes. I just wish they'd release a redacted or edited version of them. There's already home video released that takes a small dip into Eric and Dylan's worlds that's edited, so why can't they do this to the tapes? Just cut out names, blur easily recognizable faces, and cut out the parts with any detailed bomb making bits.
As for "creating more violence and possible copycats", it's not like there isn't already literature, music, and movies with just as much fuel for people who take it seriously. Just take for example Eric/Dylan and NBK or crimes committed after the release of A Clockwork Orange. Banning it for years never stopped the inspired crimes. Book or movie wise.
I know they say the tapes are all destroyed, but I bet there's still transcripts at least from them or a copy floating around somewhere in the evidence locker of some court house or sitting in a box from someone the tape was passed along to during all the trials and court cases that happened afterwards.
Plus in the U.S., it feels as if shooter and invader drill/procedures change and update almost weekly. Any possible "tips and tricks" that might be on the tapes of how they did it is probably so outdated and useless with today's advances since 4/20. Which then brings up another point of mine. The tapes are educational! It can be used to help in schools for how possible school shooters are thinking and what they look and watch for. As well as some of the behaviors that allude to possible planned events from students. Yes, behaviorist and psychologists can write about it, but that's all text book stuff. When you get to see it happen in real life (or on tape as I mean here), you know exactly what you're dealing with.
Back to top Go down
FIBAgent
William Atchison
March 18, 1996 -
December 7, 2017
FIBAgent

Contribution Points : 67945

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 4:17 pm

EGSandrew wrote:
Jbow89 wrote:
Reading anything about evidence being destroyed makes my blood boil. It's historic for crying out loud; even if it's for the wrong reasons. I guarantee the FBI has a copy somewhere....Probably locked in a vault until the end of time. ~_~ I'm just waiting for the day where I'll wake up and see that the Basement Tapes were leaked on YouTube. I can dream right?  =/

Its a weird thought that you aren't going to be waking up ever again guy
Back to top Go down
nicolonoscopy

nicolonoscopy

Contribution Points : 65581

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2017 9:54 pm

FIBAgent wrote:
EGSandrew wrote:
Jbow89 wrote:

I was just thinking the exact same thing...it is so odd browsing the forum and seeing his posts whilst knowing he's dead. pale

edgelord

Contribution Points : 63239

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 12:19 am

EGSandrew wrote:
Jbow89 wrote:
Y-Yes, you can dream Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 4:30 pm

Jeffco handled the shooting horribly.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85803
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 5:57 pm

Moordenaar wrote:
Well, there wasn't such a large school shooting before Columbine so they probably weren't prepared for Columbine. I think how Virginia Tech was treated is a good way to treat a shooting. Don't release all their stuff, but still release important stuff. Although Cho's manifesto was important and only a small part of it was released. And the news place Cho sent his stuff to released it, not the police. Sandy Hook and Isla Vista were worse in my opinion. Elliot had a close call with Isla Vista police that youtuber Mumkey Jones talks about in his video "Elliot Rodger - Mumkey's Anime Reviews" (although it's called an anime review, it really is a serious video about Elliot Rodger). Things about Sandy Hook that are most likely important haven't been released and the stuff that's released is heavily censored most of the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 9:00 am

Moordenaar wrote:

Whether it was inexperience of dealing with a school shooting or not, I think most are in agreement that JeffCo's investigation was botched from almost day one. Basically from the moment they realized that Eric Harris had been brought to their attention before 4/20.

When that fact came to light, everyone involved pretty much decided to try to save department face and do whatever was necessary to cover their own ass. From that point it became a cover up effort rather then an investigation in my opinion.

The fact they destroyed the evidence doesn't surprise me in the least.
Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Contribution Points : 70666
Forum Reputation : 95

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 1:01 pm

I absolutely love history and as already mentioned it is an important part of history and they should have kept all the evidence in a museum. I don´t care what message it sends or if it inspires someone who admires them it is history and they better respect that! Bunny and Clyde, John Dillinger, North Hollywood shootout all those people are known infamously and there are still evidence in museums for them and so should there for Columbine.

Back to top Go down
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Contribution Points : 70666
Forum Reputation : 95

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 1:05 pm

Destroying the basement tapes and destroying the evidence is also censorship and the US government are hypocrites for censoring such an important part of history just my 2 cents...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 1:11 pm

TheGoodGuy wrote:
I absolutely love history and as already mentioned it is an important part of history and they should have kept all the evidence in a museum. Bunny and Clyde, John Dillinger, North Hollywood shootout all those people are known infamously and there are still evidence in museums for them and so should there for Columbine.

Agreed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 4:06 pm

deleted

Last edited by mordupen on Thu May 24, 2018 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 4:32 pm

mordupen wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I absolutely love history and as already mentioned it is an important part of history and they should have kept all the evidence in a museum. I don´t care what message it sends or if it inspires someone who admires them it is history and they better respect that! Bunny and Clyde, John Dillinger, North Hollywood shootout all those people are known infamously and there are still evidence in museums for them and so should there for Columbine.

Plus fangirls would flock to said museum if Eric and Dylan's stuff was there and you would naturally enough have fangirls trying to steal their things as well.

I didn't really think about the whole Fangirl aspect until you mentioned it. I can honestly see them storming the building in the vain hope of getting a scrap of fabric, or perhaps a piece or lent or speck of dust that may have landed on E&D's things. Rolling Eyes Haha
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83242
Forum Reputation : 598

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 7:25 pm

mordupen wrote:

Maybe but then wouldn't the same "rule" apply to other big or infamous mass shootings? I don't think having the likes of Adam Lanza's guns and clothes on display would slide well. Plus fangirls would flock to said museum if Eric and Dylan's stuff was there and you would naturally enough have fangirls trying to steal their things as well.
But imagine the possibilities. You know that eventually we would also have the first mass shooter to shoot up the infamous Mass Shooters Museum in an attempt to become an infamous mass shooter. What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 7:55 pm

deleted

Last edited by mordupen on Thu May 24, 2018 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 6:40 am

sscc wrote:
But imagine the possibilities. You know that eventually we would also have the first mass shooter to shoot up the infamous Mass Shooters Museum in an attempt to become an infamous mass shooter. What a Face

LOL Not that mass shooters/mass killings are funny, but that made me giggle a bit. Smile
Back to top Go down
Skrik

Skrik

Contribution Points : 64992

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 2:07 pm

EGSandrew wrote:
I'm just waiting for the day where I'll wake up and see that the Basement Tapes were leaked on YouTube. I can dream right?  =/

So much for that lmao

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 2:47 pm

mordupen wrote:

Maybe but then wouldn't the same "rule" apply to other big or infamous mass shootings? I don't think having the likes of Adam Lanza's guns and clothes on display would slide well. Plus fangirls would flock to said museum if Eric and Dylan's stuff was there and you would naturally enough have fangirls trying to steal their things as well.
I think Seung Hui Cho's guns and clothes should be there, and other Virginia Tech evidence. Isla Vista evidence should also be there. Chris Harper Mercer's stuff and Santa Monica evidence would also be nice to see, but Isla Vista and Virginia Tech evidence should definitely be there. Also include shootings outside the US, such as the 2011 Norway attacks evidence and Anders Breivik's stuff (however his sentence is only 21 years, so he'll probably be released so maybe not) or Erfurt. Winnenden and Munich maybe, or Eric Borel.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 2:48 pm

sscc wrote:

I wonder if his stuff will be in the museum after the shooting?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 12:15 pm

EGSandrew wrote:
I'm just waiting for the day where I'll wake up and see that the Basement Tapes were leaked on YouTube. I can dream right?  =/

Well if they ever are leaked it looks like you aren't getting to see them.

MalonsMilk

MalonsMilk

Contribution Points : 59258

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 2:00 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
EGSandrew wrote:

You do realise Randy and his EGS will be on your case for that burn? LOL Smile
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 2:22 pm

MalonsMilk wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
EGSandrew wrote:

You do realise Randy and his EGS will be on your case for that burn? LOL Smile
Naze Warbled and their fellow EGS fans are probably plotting to kill him as we speak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 4:06 pm

FIBAgent wrote:
EGSandrew wrote:
Jbow89 wrote:

You too bro Sad
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 11:41 pm

TheOne99 wrote:
FIBAgent wrote:
EGSandrew wrote:
Jbow89 wrote:

You too bro Sad

I think in hindsight this was a red flag that got overlooked.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2004 Evidence Exhibit   2004 Evidence Exhibit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2004 Evidence Exhibit
Page 1 of 1