Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.

Go down 
+6
Nirvana92
meenwhile
ThoughtBox
Falco
lol
Sabratha
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97715
Forum Reputation : 440

Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Empty
PostSubject: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 4:08 pm

There are only 3 people that we know of who were deliberately spared by Eric and Dylan, despite being and point-blank range:

- John Savage. Dylan knew him from some class IIRC and ecognized him in the library.Dylan explicitly told Savage to run away.

- Evan Todd. Dylan possibly recognized Todd from somewhere, as it seems he adressed him in a chat specifically. He doesn't seem to have known Todd very well though, needing to ask him stuff like "Are you an athlete?" etc. Dylan spared his life, Evan was IIRC only very mildly wounded by wood splinters resulting from a nearby shot at a desk or somethign to that exent. There are conflicting reports of what Dylan said to Evan, nobody really heard the whole conversation other than Evan and Dylan, because the fire alarm was on and very loud.

My impression is that Dylan probably had some vague positive notions about Evan, just as he had of Savage. That's why both lived and neither was shot deliberately. I just think Savage was frank enough to admitt this, while Evan probably sacred to death by the post-columbine paranoia simply did not want to admitt that in fear of being in any way associated with the shooters (as sadly Savage was at some point). Just my impression though, e will never know what relaly was said there, we are lef only with Evan's own account.

- Val Schnurr, who was wounded and lying on the floor bleeding. She was the one who was asked if she believed in God (replied both "yes" and then "no" and then "its because that's what my parents believe"). They had a short chat wth her and then moved on to kill other people, leaving her alive. I'm not sure if it was on purpose though, my impression is that Val engaged them in a convrsation and deliberately confused them until they turned their attention elsewhere.

Now for non-friendly interactions:
- Both E&D taunted Shoels and called him nigger Numerous people ehard it, cause Dylan shouted this to Eric half way round the Library.
- Eric infmously said "peakaboo" to Bernal before killing her.
- There's accounts that Eric or Dylan said something else to other people who died, but teh fire alarm was so loud that mostly nobody understood what was said in particular.
- Amanda Stair, an eye witness and some otehr witness I do not rememebr mentiond that Dylan said: "Hey look at this guy's dick!". I do not kno what happened, but I guess there must have been some real basis for this, since Amanda heard this very well (being a very trustworthy witness) and she was never shy to say whenever she didn't hear somethign clearly.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 11:22 am

Eric also taunted Daniel Mauser about his glasses before shooting him. Dylan also apparently was whooping around and taunting many people, according to people like Brooks Brown who have heard the full 911 tapes. And don't forget Eric's interaction with Bree Pasquale, where he scarred her for life by asking her if she wanted to die with blood dripping down his face.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 11:45 am

GDP1195 wrote:
Eric also taunted Daniel Mauser about his glasses before shooting him. Dylan also apparently was whooping around and taunting many people, according to people like Brooks Brown who have heard the full 911 tapes. And don't forget Eric's interaction with Bree Pasquale, where he scarred her for life by asking her if she wanted to die with blood dripping down his face.

Oh yes, there was the conversation with Bree. Bree stated that after telling Dylan that he had "hit himself in the face" he pointed hsi gun at her and several times asked he if she wants to die. IMHO the repetition was probably due to shock Eric had sufered du to the recoil. Bree repeatedly responded with "no". Then he got up and said: "everyone's ging to die" and after Dylan said to shoot Bree, Eric responded with something to the extent of "nah, we're gonna blow up the school anyways".

Then Dylan called Eric to come to him and look at Kechter and Shoels. That's when Eric lost his focus on Bree and went away.

Bree probably had the most narrow escape of the whoe shooting. No wonder she was screaming and crying hysterically when the media vultures caught her on tape.

Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 102897
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 12:16 pm

^^^^
Bree and Valeen.

Valeen was next to Lauren when she was killed by Dylan. Listening to those 17 seconds is very disturbing. All you hear is Valeen crying, screaming, and pleading for help. If you hear closely you listen Dylan yelling
"STOP YOUR BITCHING. STOP YOUR FUCKING BITCHING"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 1:01 pm

lol wrote:

I heard the clip but never picked up that particular line. If it's true, that's very disturbing. I'll check it out again to know for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 4:15 pm

MegaloX wrote:
lol wrote:

I heard the clip but never picked up that particular line. If it's true, that's very disturbing. I'll check it out again to know for sure.

Same here. Last thing heard is Valeen shoutung "oh God help me". I think the "bitching" comment and the "its only a flesh wound" comments probably happened later.

Kaynhyde likes this post

Back to top Go down
lol

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 6:53 pm

Sabratha wrote:
MegaloX wrote:
lol wrote:

Same here. Last thing heard is Valeen shoutung "oh God help me". I think the "bitching" comment and the "its only a flesh wound" comments probably happened later.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Listen closely at 0:14-0:17

You can hear Dylan screaming that.

Also remember while we do have most of the Library Transcripts, we don't know 100% how accurate it is, and if it's missing anything.
Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

Contribution Points : 86782
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 7:30 pm

The 911 tape is horrid. Why don't they release the full tape though?

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 8:35 pm

Honestly, I rather not listen to kids being murdered. Besides it's really hard to make out what they say.

Screw that. I rather them release the Basement Tapes.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 6:36 am

lol wrote:
Also remember while we do have most of the Library Transcripts, we don't know 100% how accurate it is, and if it's missing anything.

Its almost certainly missing most things that were said to victims after the fire alarm went on.

lol wrote:
Honestly, I rather not listen to kids being murdered. Besides it's really hard to make out what they say.

Screw that. I rather them release the Basement Tapes.

Same here. I understand why they don't want to release the full basement tape videos or the fll 911 call.

But I think given the controversy, we should receive ull transcripts of both, perhaps just with the sensitive info censored out (personal info, terrorist-tutorials etc).

Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 84046
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 9:08 am

Sabratha wrote:

- Amanda Stair, an eye witness and some otehr witness I do not rememebr mentiond that Dylan said: "Hey look at this guy's dick!". I do not kno what happened, but I guess there must have been some real basis for this, since Amanda heard this very well (being a very trustworthy witness) and she was never shy to say whenever she didn't hear somethign clearly.

Is this in the 11k? I have never heard about these remarks before, and it's very confusing, since I doubt anyone's pants would have been blown off by a gunshot, nor do I recall any autopsies stating any boy got shot in the groin.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
meenwhile

Contribution Points : 83486
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 11:15 am

silent

Last edited by meenwhile on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 84046
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 11:53 am

meenwhile wrote:
ThoughtBox wrote:
Sabratha wrote:

Is this in the 11k? I have never heard about these remarks before, and it's very confusing, since I doubt anyone's pants would have been blown off by a gunshot, nor do I recall any autopsies stating any boy got shot in the groin.

This is part of Amanda Stair's testimony on Youtube. Apparently one of the shooters said "look at his dick!" while at Isaiah and Matt's table. For a long time she thought she'd misheard because it didn't seem to make sense, but later found out it was probably a "death erection" of one of the victims.

Thanks for the clarification, I haven't heard or seen Amanda's video testimony. I had heard about "death erection" before, but only thought that referred to those who died by hanging, but upon further Wikipedia "research," apparently it can happen otherwise: "Other causes of death may also result in these effects, including fatal gunshot wounds to the brain, damage to major blood vessels, and violent death by poisoning." All I can say is it must happen pretty darn fast, and therefore also likely happened with E/D themselves.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83339
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 2:34 pm

ThoughtBox wrote:
meenwhile wrote:
ThoughtBox wrote:
Sabratha wrote:

This is part of Amanda Stair's testimony on Youtube. Apparently one of the shooters said "look at his dick!" while at Isaiah and Matt's table. For a long time she thought she'd misheard because it didn't seem to make sense, but later found out it was probably a "death erection" of one of the victims.

Thanks for the clarification, I haven't heard or seen Amanda's video testimony. I had heard about "death erection" before, but only thought that referred to those who died by hanging, but upon further Wikipedia "research," apparently it can happen otherwise: "Other causes of death may also result in these effects, including fatal gunshot wounds to the brain, damage to major blood vessels, and violent death by poisoning." All I can say is it must happen pretty darn fast, and therefore also likely happened with E/D themselves.

Yeah I was gonna say it was probably a death erection. They're pretty common with head wounds. I don't know how long after death it takes to happen, but I'm sure if one of the male victims had one the boys would laugh at it.

I get the feeling it was easier for the them to kill those they didnt talk to. At least Eric was already remorseful to an extent before NBK. Hearing them speak might have reminded him that they were just kids after all. I think Dylan liked playing god which is why he was more vocal towards them. I believe he let Todd live as an act of sadism. Dylan wanted him to live his life wondering why he was spared while other non-bullies were killed.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 3:52 pm

Nirvana92 wrote:
I get the feeling it was easier for the them to kill those they didnt talk to.

Possible, but there is another factor behind this. There was a fire alarm on and people didn't hear conversations happening away from them. All the reported conversations are either from people who survived, or suvivors who happened to be near the victims.

Its entirely possible that Eric or Dylan had some conversation with people that were killed, but simply nobody was near enough to hear and lived to tell the tale. I'm under the impression that they must have had some conversation with Kechter and Shoels, especially since people from tables away heard some parts of it (some nigger commments etc).

Dylan probably also said something short to Kyle before killing him.

Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 101999
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 4:34 pm

It sounds like to me he says "Shut the fuck up" but it's really hard to hear anything with a recording of a recording
Back to top Go down
lio45

Contribution Points : 85766

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 9:00 pm

I do think I hear a male voice saying "...fuck..." near the end, but not much more.
Back to top Go down
lio45

Contribution Points : 85766

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 9:11 pm

Nirvana92 wrote:
I believe he let Todd live as an act of sadism. Dylan wanted him to live his life wondering why he was spared while other non-bullies were killed.

Seems to me that by that point the rampage had ceased to be a thrill. They dreamed of it for the longest time, did it, enjoyed it, and then they got "used to it" after a little while and then even bored with it. When you've just killed several times, a few times with each of your guns, sometimes shooting from far away, sometimes point blank, sometimes after taunts, sometimes without, sometimes shooting the head, sometimes torso, or belly, etc. I can easily imagine it gets repetitive eventually and pointless... especially after the adrenaline rush is over... and they were obviously not interested in achieving the highest body count possible.

In my opinion Todd is to be placed into the same category as the kids that had barricaded themselves into rooms... they were taunted, but E&D's minds were not really in it any more, and they didn't bother to lift a finger to kill them by that point.

Back to top Go down
Koltin
Off Topic Moderator, Discord Admin & Top Contributor
Koltin

Contribution Points : 104712
Forum Reputation : 143

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 9:27 am

I heard Quit your FUCKING BITCHING but they said it fast and high pitched

And destiny is proving to be absent from my life.
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 10:28 am

Ok... I downloaded and "Cleaned up" the file the best I can... "The Shut the fuck up" is almost one of those sounds that sounds like it says it, but it's actually something else (Unknown what it can be), you can now clearly hear a "FUCK" followed by the "Shut the fuck up" noise (it isn't a voice).

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 10:38 am

deathmedic wrote:
Ok... I downloaded and "Cleaned up" the file the best I can... "The Shut the fuck up" is almost one of those sounds that sounds like it says it, but it's actually something else (Unknown what it can be), you can now clearly hear a "FUCK" followed by the "Shut the fuck up" noise (it isn't a voice).

Thanks, but now we have some high pitched noise on this. I do hear some male voice at 0:18 saying some longersentence in the background of the "help me!" cries.

Back to top Go down
deathmedic

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 10:43 am

That high pitched noise is the remains of the alarm I couldn't get it out 100%
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 10:46 am

I can possibly edit her voice out to see if anything else comes up... I think I may do that
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 10:49 am

Yeah there's certainly someone around 0:17-0:19 at least speaking in the background. Seems like a male speaking a longer sentence, in a relatively calm, non-hysterical manner.

Unless its a coincidence and its just the lower sound spectrum of the fire alarm sound remnants,

Back to top Go down
deathmedic

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 11:49 am

I'll play with it more, see what comes up.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151268
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 1:38 pm

"Sure, I'll help you."

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 1:48 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
"Sure, I'll help you."

I wonder who said that...hmm, could it be Dave Cullen's golden boy?

B-b-but he didnt know what he was doing. Poor wittle Dylan was.obviously manipulated by Eric.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151268
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 1:49 pm

lol wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
"Sure, I'll help you."

I wonder who said that...hmm, could it be Dave Cullen's golden boy?

B-b-but he didnt know what he was doing. Poor wittle Dylan was.obviously manipulated by Eric.

Obviously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.   Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric, Dylan and personal interactions with the victims.
Page 1 of 1