Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan's family home

Go down 
+7
browneyes11
WendlaBergman
FlyerFan
eli27
Gonz
Sabratha
Fatheroftwo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83588
Forum Reputation : 0

Dylan's family home Empty
PostSubject: Dylan's family home   Dylan's family home Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 2:41 pm

With Google maps/satellite feature the home is easy to view, but I recently have been on their street visiting a client & wanted to share just how unbelievably striking the home & surroundings are.

There are many compelling factors behind the events that draw us to this story, for many it is the struggle to understand how someone that had so many advantages in life could be so depressed & ultimately destructive. Dylan's family home sits within the most beautiful red rocks in the foothills of the Rockies & as much as the home itself is quite stunning, the immediate surroundings are truly a gift from God.

The whereabouts of Dylan's ashes are unknown I believe, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were scattered in the red rocks adjacent to the Klebold property. While the Deer Creek Canyon area has seen a bit of recent development, it remains very exclusive with most homes blocked from view & having private drives.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 98088
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's family home   Dylan's family home Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 6:09 pm

I think first and foremost, Dylan was self-absorbed and self-centered. He didn't appreciate the things he had, ebcause he never knew anything else. He never was poor. Never lived in any "projects" or urban downtown poor area.

Besides blackjacks, which was a side show for him to get money fo NBK and to hang out with Eric, he never had to really work for his living. He never had to earn enough money to feed his parents for instance.

Still, his brother had a drug addiction. His family outside his parents didn't like him. I'm not sure how caring his parents really were, seeign how both of their kids turned up messed up in some way. Also the centra issue for Dylan as we probably all know was his romantic life or the lack of it.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Gonz

Gonz

Contribution Points : 85315
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's family home   Dylan's family home Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 7:45 am

Are the Klebolds still living in there? I don't know how trustworthy are these webs, but it seems like the house was sold in 2014 :S

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Date: 04/15/2014 – Event: Sold – Price:$575,000

Anyway, I cannot find anything in here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] where you can find the old Harris house records.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's family home   Dylan's family home Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 6:44 pm

Gonz wrote:
Are the Klebolds still living in there? I don't know how trustworthy are these webs, but it seems like the house was sold in 2014 :S

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Date: 04/15/2014 – Event: Sold – Price:$575,000

Anyway, I cannot find anything in here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] where you can find the old Harris house records.

I've been told the Klebold's still reside in the house, as recently as April of this year. The 2014 transaction may be refinancing or lateral transfer of ownership in relation to their real estate holdings/investments or even protection against litigation.
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83907
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's family home   Dylan's family home Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 5:06 pm

Is there a page about Dylan's house on acolumbinesite? Because I can only find one for Eric.

FlyerFan

Contribution Points : 77197
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's family home   Dylan's family home Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 5:23 pm

I have looked up both of their houses on Google Earth before and wow...when I was a kid I would have loved to live there, hell i still would like to as an adult. lol. It looks like Dylan really had the better of the two environments though, not being in a big neighborhood he had all the space he could ever want to play as a child. And a pool by the looks of it.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90324

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's family home   Dylan's family home Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 12:49 am

Sabratha wrote:
I think first and foremost, Dylan was self-absorbed and self-centered. He didn't appreciate the things he had, ebcause he never knew anything else. He never was poor. Never lived in any "projects" or urban downtown poor area.

Besides blackjacks, which was a side show for him to get money fo NBK and to hang out with Eric, he never had to really work for his living. He never had to earn enough money to feed his parents for instance.

Still, his brother had a drug addiction. His family outside his parents didn't like him. I'm not sure how caring his parents really were, seeign how both of their kids turned up messed up in some way. Also the centra issue for Dylan as we probably all know was his romantic life or the lack of it.

Where did you read about Dylan's family not liking him? I don't know why I was thinking they were all just estranged, but not necessarily that they diliked him.
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 84969

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's family home   Dylan's family home Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 1:11 am

I recently saw that Dylan's house is currently for sale.

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124399
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's family home   Dylan's family home Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 1:53 am

In the Basement Tapes:

Dylan recalls how popular and athletic his older brother Byron was, how he constantly “ripped” on him, as did his brother’s friends and with the exception of his parents, his extended family treated him like the runt of the litter.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's family home   Dylan's family home Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 6:09 pm

browneyes11 wrote:

The home/area are spectacular.

The Klebold's owned rental properties & a small mortgage/property mgmt co.. I'm pretty sure any previous transactions up to current were "paper transfers" with the Klebold's still residing in the house.

Side note:

Eric's parents never left greater Denver... as of 2015 & current unless I missed something.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105738
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's family home   Dylan's family home Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 12:19 am

I wish there were some pictures of Eric and Dylan's houses, and rooms. I know there are some small grainy ones of Erics room all empty when they were selling it. All I know about Dylan's is that I had 2 walls red, two white, a "couch chair", a mini fridge, and a bunch of 90's posters, like girls in bikinis, how to make certain alcoholic drinks, bands, and a Marlyn Manson poster.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83907
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's family home   Dylan's family home Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 4:30 am

slippy123 wrote:
I wish there were some pictures of Eric and Dylan's houses, and rooms. I know there are some small grainy ones of Erics room all empty when they were selling it. All I know about Dylan's is that I had 2 walls red, two white, a "couch chair", a mini fridge, and a bunch of 90's posters, like girls in bikinis, how to make certain alcoholic drinks, bands, and a Marlyn Manson poster.

I'm pretty sure he had two black walls (as a compromise because Sue wouldn't let him have it all black).

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105738
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's family home   Dylan's family home Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 10:19 am

eli27 wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

I'm pretty sure he had two black walls (as a compromise because Sue wouldn't let him have it all black).

I think you're right, it was his shutters that were red now that I think about it.
Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 79731

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's family home   Dylan's family home Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 5:37 pm

Fatheroftwo wrote:
browneyes11 wrote:

The Klebold's owned rental properties & a small mortgage/property mgmt co..  I'm pretty sure any previous transactions up to current were "paper transfers" with the Klebold's still residing in the house.

Side note:

Eric's parents never left greater Denver... as of 2015 & current unless I missed something.

Since you live in Denver, have you ever driven on those roads around the Klebold house?

I love to drive on the countryside and see things and those mountain roads there look spectacular.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's family home   Dylan's family home Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 7:22 pm

Fatheroftwo wrote:

There are many compelling factors behind the events that draw us to this story, for many it is the struggle to understand how someone that had so many advantages in life could be so depressed & ultimately destructive.  Dylan's family home sits within the most beautiful red rocks in the foothills of the Rockies & as much as the home itself is quite stunning, the immediate surroundings are truly a gift from God.

Just because you live in a nice house in a beautiful place doesn't always mean you're going to be a happy person. When you start comparing other peoples better surroundings to yours of course you are going to go with that thinking. He was probably used to it/it wasn't so striking as it would be to a visitors eyes, plus he hated life.

It's not that hard to grasp.
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90324

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's family home   Dylan's family home Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 7:29 pm

I think the most beautiful view Dylan could have in his house would be in the mirror ;) Jk, but it is up there.
Back to top Go down
gasolinechild

gasolinechild

Contribution Points : 85727

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's family home   Dylan's family home Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 12:16 am

slippy123 wrote:
eli27 wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

I think you're right, it was his shutters that were red now that I think about it.

Maybe there will be a picture in Susan Klebold's upcoming book. I wonder if she knows how many people are curious about photos.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's family home   Dylan's family home Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 2:16 pm

1891 wrote:
Fatheroftwo wrote:
browneyes11 wrote:

The Klebold's owned rental properties & a small mortgage/property mgmt co..  I'm pretty sure any previous transactions up to current were "paper transfers" with the Klebold's still residing in the house.

Side note:

Since you live in Denver, have you ever driven on those roads around the Klebold house?

I love to drive on the countryside and see things and those mountain roads there look spectacular.

Yes, often.. in my opinion it's the most attractive area in greater Denver to live. Its still close enough to the city/big burbs, but its an exclusive area that sits @ the foothills of the Rockies & in a group of the red rocks.

Simply gorgeous

Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's family home   Dylan's family home Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 2:21 pm

x5000x wrote:
Fatheroftwo wrote:

There are many compelling factors behind the events that draw us to this story, for many it is the struggle to understand how someone that had so many advantages in life could be so depressed & ultimately destructive.  Dylan's family home sits within the most beautiful red rocks in the foothills of the Rockies & as much as the home itself is quite stunning, the immediate surroundings are truly a gift from God.

Just because you live in a nice house in a beautiful place doesn't always mean you're going to be a happy person. When you start comparing other peoples better surroundings to yours of course you are going to go with that thinking. He was probably used to it/it wasn't so striking as it would be to a visitors eyes, plus he hated life.

It's not that hard to grasp.

I agree with you.. but it's natural for most to initially think "he had it so good". A big part of the compelling nature of NBK is attached to the fact they came from a privileged background/area/school etc..

"They had what most dreams for & were still miserable" effect

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's family home   Dylan's family home Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan's family home
Page 1 of 1