Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting

Go down 
+3
Nightshiftstalker
paradisedreams
Gustopoet2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

Contribution Points : 82265
Forum Reputation : 3

Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting   Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:02 pm

Here is a video where Wally Lamb describes a poignant meeting with Wayne Harris. Lamb is the author of The Hour I First Believed, a very good novel that is partially based on Columbine.

Back to top Go down
paradisedreams

paradisedreams

Contribution Points : 84386
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting   Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 2:18 am

Wow.. I kinda got the chills when I realized where he was going with it. And with the release date of the book means it happened in the few months before the 10th anniversary. Definitely gonna check the book out. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting   Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 1:43 pm

It's sort of a slog, paradisedreams, but it is well worth a read. Lamb shoud've edited the story down by about 1/3 but he does a good job of capturing the times and the essence of how Columbine impacted society.

Back to top Go down
Nightshiftstalker

Nightshiftstalker

Contribution Points : 82862

PostSubject: Re: Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting   Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 11:13 am

like tobias versus bela - mickey wins anyways, but she-fall may do drux in the toilet - uhm basement - whatever.

greetz
nightshiftstalker

("unter uns"; season 2010 / 2011)

(Unser Platz, Prinz Pi, Kompass ohne Norden)
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting   Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 2:10 pm

There is a preview of The Hour I First Believed here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 79381

PostSubject: Re: Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting   Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 3:51 pm

This makes me wonder, how aware are Eric’s parents of everything that is being written about him in books, newspapers and forums over the years? We know that they are private, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t read and if Wayne showed up at a book store about this.
Do Wayne and Kathy say like “Oh, someone is writing another book about Eric” when they have dinner?
Back to top Go down
radaddio

Contribution Points : 83390
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting   Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 9:35 am

That's hard to say. I would imagine there's a sort of detachment related to how people view their son, vs how they viewed him. In all honesty, if one of my sons mowed down their schoolyard with automatic weapons, I would still remember them as my son, not the killer they turned out to be. I have to think that they are in the same boat.

The Yassinoff family historian refuses to acknowledge Dylan in their family history. According to the Kass book, they just sort of gloss over it.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150615
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting   Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 9:52 am

radaddio wrote:
That's hard to say. I would imagine there's a sort of detachment related to how people view their son, vs how they viewed him. In all honesty, if one of my sons mowed down their schoolyard with automatic weapons, I would still remember them as my son, not the killer they turned out to be. I have to think that they are in the same boat.

The Yassinoff family historian refuses to acknowledge Dylan in their family history. According to the Kass book, they just sort of gloss over it.

And yet Dylan's name and fame will live on long after the rest of the Yassenoffs have been forgotten.

PostSubject: Re: Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting   Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 12:47 pm

Too true. Frankly, I think a lot of the disservice is done when you try and cover up family history that is unfavorable. For instance, I found out that one of my distant uncles was loosely tied to the Manson clan O.0

Back to top Go down
Nightshiftstalker

Nightshiftstalker

PostSubject: Re: Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting   Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 5:23 pm

hey there,

nuh-uh.
i totally disagree - in my opinion there is a coin, a flipper - nor just win-winn in a losing loss - nor inn - yeah.

greetz
Stanley Harris Cooper

aka

NightshiftSTALKER

Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting   Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 10:19 am

I'm also curious why the Nazi thing was such a big deal in that school. Everyone went around calling each other F** all day long, but the second someone got anti Semitic everyone got offended.

Brooks Brown said that they weren't really infatuated with Nazi ideals. It was more a matter of Eric liking the whole German aesthetic, and also using it to "ruffle feathers" with the powers that be.

Before all of the research, I had no idea that Dylan's extended family was devoutly Jewish.
Back to top Go down
Nightshiftstalker

Nightshiftstalker

PostSubject: Re: Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting   Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 8:56 am

hey radaddio,

true... true.

however - according to the "basementtapes" - eric himself asked dylan: you? YOU WERE JEWS? why have you never told me?
afaik, c. shepard has lots of information, but - why did mink and the other JeffCO collegues - delete our basement tapes in 2012?
not really because of mr anders behring breivik - did they?
are you kidding me / us / their corpeses?

and by the way - no - I don't have a new gun, but - my so-called DAD has been kinda PRIEST in northern GERmany and my MOM has been a teacher for kids attendin' elementary school in Hamburg (-Nettelnburg) - yo - so - what is the differnece between bein' a "nazi" - and what the hack is a friggin' so-called "preacher" a peachy cheesy gay-uhm-les'boe - WHAT!??

* we were experiencing way too much trobules in BERLIN durin' WW2, Duke NUKEM's censored version, QUAKE3, QUAKE ARENA and AAliyah's - uh - [TTIP / TAFTA / AGENDA 2020 featuring Stoiber and Green / GAL / Buendnis '90 / The Green Ones and la CDU / CSU Germany censored yer / our / votre / vuestro PIRATES (Germany /Norway / and (...) --];!??????); Aaahh!! *

"perpetrators may be down" (quoted from Zero Day - a fictional MOVIE, not Zero Hour and the so-called "Columbine Case) - yo.

sorry for interrupting yer daily dose of peace and joking - but - we are kiddin' here in Berlin - because we can - better than NIC CANON - I guess - don't yer / ya think so too?

What a Face Idea bounce confused Sleep complaint Mr Green LOL affraid Embarassed Very Happy Like a Star @ heaven Suspect No What a Face

*irony as well as sarcasm intended*

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97565
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting   Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 5:20 am

Yeah people report that Harris was surprised after Dylan saying his parents went ot passover. Details vary between witness statements, but the consensus is that Eric looked surprised, but when Dylan told him his family is part jewish, Eric brushed it off with some sort of: "Oh well, who cares" comment and didn't make an issue out of that.

That's the problem with BT quotes, other than the veyr short "Rachel and Jen" part, its all based on witness statements made from memory. I doubt most of these are precise, rather just people giving the general impression they got.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting   Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 9:30 am

That's right. As I recall, it was Judy Brown who interpreted Eric's response to Dylan's remark as possibly bad for Dylan. But, like you said, it was all based on witness interpretation. Really, I don't think Eric was anti Semitic or a Nazi outside of using it to anger adults and peers. He like German industrial music and took German in school, so there was bound to be some bleed over into his other interests.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting   Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wally Lamb and Wayne Harris Meeting
Page 1 of 1