Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did Dylan specifically target men?

Go down 
+7
Nightshiftstalker
Leob81
Jenn
lio45
Gustopoet2
aubre
Sabratha
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97715
Forum Reputation : 440

Did Dylan specifically target men? Empty
PostSubject: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 6:05 pm

Ok, this list again:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The only girl that Dylan hurt during the shooting seems to be Lauren. And please rememebr he killed her by shooting blindly under a table, we can't be sure if he even knew he's shooting at a female.

I rememebr some witness reported that Dylan told Eric to shoot Bree. But he didn't make sure that Eric did so, moreover he did not shoot Bree himself either.

So... am I on to something here, or is this just random. Did Dylan, given his love-obsession prove unwilling to kill women once he had his finger on the trigger? Did he consciously or subconsciously choose to shoot guys?

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
aubre

Contribution Points : 81743
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 6:09 pm

I saw you say something about this before, and my first thought was that I thought it was Dylan targeting girls. I clearly remembered thinking that as I was reading through everything. I just don't remember what exactly made me come to that conclusion. So I've been reading through all the witness reports from the library again. I'll let you know what I think.

Eric killed more girls but he also killed more people altogether.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

Contribution Points : 82415
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 6:18 pm

Sabratha wrote:
Ok, this list again:

The only girl that Dylan hurt during the shooting seems to be Lauren. And please rememebr he killed her by shooting blindly under a table, we can't be sure if he even knew he's shooting at a female.

He was not shooting blindly. He was targeting a table of "bitches." The "A" library table as a matter of fact.

I don't think Dylan had a preference for shooting at guys. He also shot Stephanie Munson, Jennifer Doyle, Lisa Kreutz, Jeanna Park, Val Schnurr, and he told Eric to kill Bree.

The only time he shot a guy without Eric taking the lead was when he shot Kyle and John Tomlin. Kyle was retarded; John was fighting back.

If anything I'd say he had a preference for shooting girls and retarded kids.

Back to top Go down
aubre

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 6:22 pm

Gustopoet2 wrote:
Sabratha wrote:
Ok, this list again:

He was not shooting blindly. He was targeting a table of "bitches."  The "A" library table as a matter of fact.

I don't think Dylan had a preference for shooting at guys. He also shot Stephanie Munson, Jennifer Doyle, Lisa Kreutz, Jeanna Park, Val Schnurr, and he told Eric to kill Bree.

The only time he shot a guy without Eric taking the lead was when he shot Kyle and John Tomlin. Kyle was retarded; John was fighting back.

Yes, him zeroing in on that table of girls made me think that he at least had a preference for girls. He might not have seen their faces but he could damn well tell it was a group of girls under that table and he went apeshit.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 6:32 pm

He actually screamed "THOSE BITCHES ARE STILL RIGHT OVER THERE!"

You can hear it on the library 911 call. @ 5:41

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
lio45

Contribution Points : 85766

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 7:25 pm

Gustopoet2 wrote:

I'd say that Dylan "took the lead" for the Shoels' table bloodbath (a male-only table).
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 7:32 pm

lio45 wrote:
Gustopoet2 wrote:

I'd say that Dylan "took the lead" for the Shoels' table bloodbath (a male-only table).

But Eric shot first. Dylan didn't kill any lone male targets other than Kyle and Matt. I see what you mean though. Good point.

Back to top Go down
aubre

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 7:36 pm

Gustopoet2 wrote:
lio45 wrote:
Gustopoet2 wrote:

But Eric shot first. Dylan didn't kill any lone male targets other than Kyle and Matt. I see what you mean though.

True they were both shooting at males and females. If either of them could be seen as having a preference for females, it would be Dylan, Imo.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118908
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 7:42 pm

I don't hear anything at 5:41. The only thing I can clearly hear is the 'Get up' and the 'Peek a boo'. And at the end, I can hear the girl screaming 'Help me' and then one of them scream something at her (can't really tell what though). I wish the people in the background (on the phone) would be quiet for 2 seconds so I could hear.

Back to top Go down
aubre

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 7:46 pm

Jenn wrote:
I don't hear anything at 5:41. The only thing I can clearly hear is the 'Get up' and the 'Peek a boo'. And at the end, I can hear the girl screaming 'Help me' and then one of them scream something at her (can't really tell what though). I wish the people in the background (on the phone) would be quiet for 2 seconds so I could hear.

Yeah, I can't hear it either. I don't hear the "peek a boo" either. I do hear, who I assume to be Dylan, yelling "Everybody get up, right now". I can also hear what sounds like one of them yelling "get up" right at the 4:20 mark.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 7:49 pm

Jenn wrote:

I hear it pretty clearly but it took a while before I could zero in on it. 5:41 -5: 43 it's the same tone of voice as "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY SISTER'S BIKE!" It's a moment after the dispatcher says "OK."

I don't hear "peek a boo" -- I do hear Eric calling out "Vodka!" @  5:49 -- must've been when the cops showed up.

Back to top Go down
Leob81

Contribution Points : 81220

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 8:26 pm

The only things that I hear on the call from the boys (which I can be absolutely positive of) other than gunshots etc are a couple of whoopings/woohoo's (one before they enter and one after) and Eric's 'get up'. Possibly an 'everybody get up now' from Dylan and a 'yeah' from when they were out in the corridors. The rest just sounds like operator chatter to me and the timing isn't right for the peekaboo (too early and I can't see the phone picking it up from over where it happened anyway).

It's never the less fun seeing what other people claim to have heard and it keeps me going back to have another listen. Smile
Back to top Go down
aubre

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 8:34 pm

Leob81 wrote:
The only things that I hear on the call from the boys (which I can be absolutely positive of) other than gunshots etc are a couple of whoopings/woohoo's (one before they enter and one after) and Eric's 'get up'. Possibly an 'everybody get up now' from Dylan and a 'yeah' from when they were out in the corridors. The rest just sounds like operator chatter to me and the timing isn't right for the peekaboo (too early and I can't see the phone picking it up from over where it happened anyway).

It's never the less fun seeing what other people claim to have heard and it keeps me going back to have another listen. Smile

Yeah true, the timing isn't right to be able to hear "peek a boo". Eric fires his shotgun, then he goes over to the windows and starts shooting at cops, then he shoots Kacey and Steven. All that happened before he got to Cassie. You can hear Dylan yelling "Everybody get up now" right around the time the operator is asking her name.
Back to top Go down
Nightshiftstalker

Nightshiftstalker

Contribution Points : 83012

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 9:03 pm

thanks for the list.

greetz
nighthisftstalker

(Unser Platz, Prinz Pi, Kompass ohne Norden)
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 2:10 am

I think I may have tracked down the incident that directly led to the revenge shooting of the "A" library table girls:

"Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold unleashed the full fury of their murderous rage after a group of girls accused them of being gay lovers.
Pushed to the edge by school athletes who shoved them around and called them *beep* the two outsiders finally snapped from this final humiliation.
The girls taunted Eric and Dylan in the school library -- the exact area where the two enraged gunmen returned to mow down most of their victims.
"There was an incident a year ago that set Eric and Dylan off on their murderous course," a fellow student divulged to The ENQUIRER.
"They were sitting in the library wearing their ridiculous heavy black coats on a warm spring day last April. A group of girls was sniggering at the table next to them, and Eric finally asked what they were laughing at.
"One of them told him, 'You guys look alike, talk alike and are always together. We just want to know when you're getting married!'
"A look of rage came over Eric's face and he made a fist at the girl. 'Shut up!' he shouted.
"Dylan got up and screamed, 'You're all so stupid! Everyone in this school is stupid! You better watch it!'
"They both stormed out of the library, kicking chairs as they went.
"The girls were stunned -- they were only teasing the guys. It was no big deal to them.
"The boys vowed the school was going to pay for the humiliation they put them through. And when the bloodbath happened, we wondered if they attacked people in the library with special ferocity because of the humiliation they had suffered there."

This is from the Enquirer unfortunately. But I don't think it should be summarily discounted.

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 12:35 pm

Gustopoet2 wrote:
He actually screamed "THOSE BITCHES ARE STILL RIGHT OVER THERE!"

You can hear it on the library 911 call. @ 5:41

Doesn't soudn like it at all. It sounds like a female voice in the background saying: "Get/bring those switches/stiches over here". I can vividly hear "bring" and "here". I think its really one of the operators in the background of the emergency room, not anyone near Patti.

Also, isn't the audio 5:41 before E&D even enter the library? Sounds like the operator is at the point of asking Patti if she recognized the shooter? IIRC Patti started praying quietly when D&E entered. So this piece of audio is before theya re in the library.

AFAIK the only shooter audio ever release was the "Get up! Everyone get up!"  thing.

Its like that: "Hey boy!" misattributed statement (AFAIK it was actually: "Hey Boyd" as someone in the emergency clal center was called Boyd).

Quote :
He also shot Stephanie Munson, Jennifer Doyle, Lisa Kreutz, Jeanna Park, Val Schnurr, and he told Eric to kill Bree.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Munson hit by Eric's 9mm gun?
Lisa and Val were all hit with the same two buckshot blasts when Dylan fired under the table. Probably bets proof he wasn't aiming in anyone in particular.

I'm also pretty certian Park was shot by Harris. Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but she was hit in the back, iirc Dylan wa sin front of them at the time.

Last edited by Sabratha on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83339
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 12:44 pm

I don't think he specifically targeted men. His views on love may have caused him to show some restraint on women, but shooting Townsend the way he did makes it unlikely. Neither boys had specific targets besides people with white hats. They didnt even go after the people on thei shit lists. They were just two teens on a murderous adrenaline high. Its hard to focus when you're jacked up like that. Any patterns the boys may have shown in picking targets was, like most of the other wierd things in this case, a pure coincidence.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Also Doyle was imho shot by accident, by one of the bullets fired at Corey. I don't think people were aiming at her specifically.

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Nirvana92 wrote:
I don't think he specifically targeted men. His views on love may have caused him to show some restraint on women, but shooting Townsend the way he did makes it unlikely. Neither boys had specific targets besides people with white hats. They didnt even go after the people on thei shit lists. They were just two teens on a murderous adrenaline high. Its hard to focus when you're jacked up like that. Any patterns the boys may have shown in picking targets was, like most of the other wierd things in this case, a pure coincidence.
Probably yeah.

Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 3:38 pm

Sabratha wrote:

Doesn't soudn like it at all.

Doesn't like that at all to you. It is perfectly clear to me. It is unmistakably Dylan's yell.

Back to top Go down
lio45

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 4:35 pm

Sabratha wrote:
Also, isn't the audio 5:41 before E&D even enter the library? Sounds like the operator is at the point of asking Patti if she recognized the shooter? IIRC Patti started praying quietly when D&E entered. So this piece of audio is before theya re in the library.

No, it's from when they were in the library.

Anything that happens after Eric's "Get up!" (and Dylan's faint "Everybody get up!" that comes about 10 seconds later) happens while they're in the library already. /Capt. Obvious

Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 4:38 pm

lio45 wrote:
Sabratha wrote:

Anything that happens after Eric's "Get up!" (and Dylan's faint "Everybody get up!" that comes about 10 seconds later) happens while they're in the library already. /Capt. Obvious

Yeah, and the "Those bitches are still right over there!" yell comes just before Dylan unloads the TEC 9 on Lauren and her friends.

Back to top Go down
Leob81

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:20 pm

Gustopoet2 wrote:
lio45 wrote:
Sabratha wrote:

Yeah, and the "Those bitches are still right over there!" yell comes just before Dylan unloads the TEC 9 on Lauren and her friends.

Is that on the second 911 call clip with the 'oh my god help me' from Val?
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:25 pm

It's here -- it is a beat after 5:41

Some general tips for hearing it:

1. It's after the dispatcher's voice; just a beat after.

2. It sounds almost exactly like "What the hell are you doing to my sister's bike!"

I strongly advise those of you who are having a hard time hearing this, to listen to the Car Wash vid and get a feel for Dylan's yell. @ 6:49

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:31 pm

Ok, guess its a matter of opinion then, becuase to me the voice at 5:41 sound snotjing like the shout Dylan make sin the bike vid.

Then agaiun, migth be the quality of the vid, the distance, the counter that is between Patti's handset and the source... I'm not gonna say I'm certain here. I guess this would relaly require a professional sound expert to try to establish this.

BTW, is any "bitches here" comment ever mentioned in any of teh transcripts in 11k?

Also, at 5:30 there's what I think is a male voice saying: "I don't like..." and then at 5:36: "Is anyone playing/taking/planning... twenty"
I think its likely one of the CC operators, not someone in CHS but who knows.

Than at 5:46 is a female voice: "I'm gonna go ask, ok? and when I..."

5:53: Female voice saying: "Hello? Could someone get on/come on".

I think its all CC operators. Same as the "stiches/swiches" comment.

Last edited by Sabratha on Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leob81

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:37 pm

I've watched the sisters bike clip then the call again and the part you mention still just sounds like operator chatter to me (plus it's far too early in the timeline to be right before he shoots Lauren, according to how it's supposed to have gone down). I'm not saying you're wrong, but all I can personally hear from the two boys is what I mentioned further up.

Last edited by Leob81 on Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aubre

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:46 pm

Sabratha wrote:
Ok, guess its a matter of opinion then, becuase to me the voice at 5:41 sound snotjing like the shout Dylan make sin the bike vid.

Then agaiun, migth be the quality of the vid, the distance, the counter that is between Patti's handset and the source... I'm not gonna say I'm certain here. I guess this would relaly require a professional sound expert to try to establish this.

BTW, is any "bitches here" comment ever mentioned in any of teh transcripts in 11k?

Also, at 5:30 there's what I think is a male voice saying: "I don't like..." and then at 5:36: "Is anyone playing/taking/planning... twenty"
I think its likely one of the CC operators, not someone in CHS but who knows.

Than at 5:46 is a female voice: "I'm gonna go ask, ok? and when I..."

5:53: Female voice saying: "Hello? Could someone get on/come on".

I think its all CC operators. Same as the "stiches/swiches" comment.

Yeah, it's the operators, I can hear what sounds like someone saying "bitches" but it doesn't sound like a yell to me. I do hear it though.
Back to top Go down
aubre

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:54 pm

[quote=BTW, is any "bitches here" comment ever mentioned in any of teh transcripts in 11k?[/quote]

Eric, "Quite your bitching" maybe that's it, I dunno.
Back to top Go down
lio45

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 7:00 pm

Gustopoet2 wrote:
lio45 wrote:
Sabratha wrote:

No no no, not at all.

The "Ohmigod" section comes minutes later in the real call (it was released years later, I don't recall why because I thought they wanted to keep the part of the recording where people died under wraps forever; must've been a leak).

In the audio you're using, it was appended directly at the end of the first segment, but it takes place minutes later in the timeline. The cutoff point is between 5:57 and 5:58.

Back to top Go down
lio45

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 7:05 pm

So, maybe Dylan did say "those bitches are still right over there" then (would be a good moment to say that, since they were still in the entrance, and Table 2, where the "bitches" were, is very close)... but he most certainly did not shoot them right after that.

I was sure that that was your argument... now I see that in your mind, your argument was even a bit stronger, because you thought he had proceeded to shoot that table right after mentioning them.

Assuming Dylan did say that at 5:41, he probably meant it more like "they're there again today, instead of being somewhere else in the school, which means they're now trapped in the library; it will be enjoyable to kill them in a few minutes when their turn comes".
Back to top Go down
lio45

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 7:10 pm

aubre wrote:
Quote :

That would be after shooting Kasey Ruegsegger, it's definitely not in the released section of the call.

Back to top Go down
aubre

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 7:13 pm

lio45 wrote:
aubre wrote:
Quote :

That would be after shooting Kasey Ruegsegger, it's definitely not in the released section of the call.

That's true. Yeah, I don't think it's either one of them.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 9:26 pm

Guys it is there -- it is NOT the operator's voice. It all runs together like "Ahhhthosebitchesarestillrightoverthere!!!" It is in a pocket of silence, there is no mistaking Dylan's voice -- the words are, I admit really slurred together. Dylan's voice blends in with the overall hum of the background.

It actually starts closer to 5:42 and you have to go to this version of it:

It's between 5:41 and 5:42 -- right before "Get under the desk OK?" It goes by in less than a second.

Back to top Go down
aubre

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 9:53 pm

I hear it, but it sounds too close to have been them. When Dylan first walks in and is closer to the phone, he yells, loudly, "Everybody get up now". So if he's further into the library how can we hear him simply state something, when we can barely make out him screaming at people.
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 9:54 pm

lio45 @ 5:49- 5:50 Eric calls out "Vod-ka!" (happy sing-songy voice) and then I assume he says "Pigs are here!" (I can't hear that part). That delayed Dylan for a few seconds after he spotted Lauren and Co. as he went with Eric to shoot at cops.

Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 9:56 pm

aubre wrote:
I hear it, but it sounds too close to have been them. When Dylan first walks in and is closer to the phone, he yells, loudly, "Everybody get up now". So if he's further into the library how can we hear him simply state something, when we can barely make out him screaming at people.  

He's moving through the library when he screams it. Very LOUDLY. It's at the same decibel level as "EVERYBODY GET UP NOW!" But it comes through the phone almost inaudibly.

It begins a beat after 5:41 and ends almost exactly on 5:43.

Back to top Go down
lio45

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 10:50 pm

Would be REALLY nice if we were able to use some kind of high-tech software to analyze the sounds even better... Smile

By the way, Gusto, don't forget that that audio clip you have actually stops between 5:57 and 5:58, it immediately jumps forward in time a few minutes to a new segment.

i.e. [5:58 to 6:18] takes place a few minutes later in the library.

Back to top Go down
aubre

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 10:55 pm

Yes it would. Because I do hear it.
Back to top Go down
lio45

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 10:57 pm

Gustopoet2 wrote:
aubre wrote:

He's moving through the library when he screams it. Very LOUDLY. It's at the same decibel level as "EVERYBODY GET UP NOW!" But it comes through the phone almost inaudibly.

If that's indeed what he says, then I would tend to disagree that he's moving, because during that part of the recording, ANY significant motion of the boys would've been almost directly westwards (towards, say, the windows and the computer rows where Kyle was) and therefore it would be really weird for him to scream that to Eric while they're both moving nearly side-by-side and looking away from Table 2 (where Dylan had just noticed that the attractive targets that those bitches are are still installed today; it's kinda "their" table, IIRC).
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 12:17 am

lio45 wrote:
Would be REALLY nice if we were able to use some kind of high-tech software to analyze the sounds even better... Smile

By the way, Gusto, don't forget that that audio clip you have actually stops between 5:57 and 5:58, it immediately jumps forward in time a few minutes to a new segment.

I'm sitting in my office/home sound studio right now. I can do it but it will take some time. I don't know if I can upload a sound file to the forum, either. I think it is fairly well evident as is. But if people really can't hear it I could try converting the file, and cleaning it up, then re-uploading it. Might be tomorrow before I get a chance.

Last edited by Gustopoet2 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 1:12 am

lio45 wrote:
Gustopoet2 wrote:
aubre wrote:

If that's indeed what he says, then I would tend to disagree that he's moving, because during that part of the recording, ANY significant motion of the boys would've been almost directly westwards (towards, say, the windows and the computer rows where Kyle was) and therefore it would be really weird for him to scream that to Eric while they're both moving nearly side-by-side and looking away from Table 2 (where Dylan had just noticed that the attractive targets that those bitches are are still installed today; it's kinda "their" table, IIRC).

He was screaming everything because he was so amped.  A 5:23-24 you can hear him whooping it up, something that sounds very close to "Look at his HEAD!" or "Look at the BLOOD!" After he shoots Kyle.

Last edited by Gustopoet2 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 1:30 am

lio45 wrote:

Yeah, still the pattern is pretty clear.

4:58 They walk in, Eric orders "Get up!" Shoots at Todd.

5:08 Dylan yells "EVERYBODY GET UP...NOW!" (If you listen really close you can also hear him say the "This is for the shit you've been giving us..." etc.)    Maybe.

5:24 Dylan whoops about shooting Kyle.

5:27  "Hey boy." Is it Eric? Question  I think it is.

5:41 "Bitches" Yell -- Dylan spots the "A" library table girls.

5:49 Eric calls "Vodka!" they go to shoot at cops.

5:58 Dylan unloads the TEC 9 on Lauren and her friends, flushing out Val.

What's missing is when Dylan shot at the Steepleton/Ireland (Jock) table and Eric shot Kurnow.

Here's a narrative to go along with the soundtrack (from this tread: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) This narrative does not include my conjecture about the "A" library girls or the "bitches" comment. This is, as far as I know, my own original hypothesis to add to the existing narrative.

Eric and Dylan couldn't see anyone; everybody was hiding from them. Most people were hidden underneath the tables, some were in the magazine room – sixty-five people in total: four female staff members and fifty-two students from all different years; twenty-four boys and twenty-eight girls. Underneath the circulation desk sat Patti Nielson who'd called 911 and, in a panicky whisper, was trying to explain to the operator what was happening.

"Get up!" called Eric and Dylan. "Stand up right now or we'll blow your fucking heads off!"

Laughing, repeating their threats, they walked further into the library. Here, too, the fire alarm began to blare and the alarm lights started to flicker.

While Eric kept walking toward the windows, Dylan called "get up!" once more. Then, when nobody responded: "Fine, I'll start shooting then". He fired straight at the head of Kyle Velasquez, a sixteen-year-old boy who'd seated himself below the northern computertable; he was one of a few mentally disabled students following a special program at Columbine. He died instantly. [4]

"Woohoo!" cried Dylan. "Look at those brains! And the blood!"

He, too, walked over to the windows; Eric and he broke a few of them with their shots and led more bombs explode. A boy, underneath a desk at the front, called out with panic in his voice: "Don't do that! You're going to blow up the library."

"Hey boy!" returned Eric. "Assume as much, yeah. Don't worry, you'll all be dead within a couple of minutes."

"All jocks get up!" they both called. "Everyone in white hats get up! You'll die first!" -- white hats in Columbine were the trademarks of the jocks, the sports guys. A couple of boys underneath the tables took their hats off and tried to hide them as best they could.

"This is our revenge!" shouted Eric and Dylan. "For the four fucked-up years you put us through. For four years of bullying and giving us shit. Hey, jocks, this is our revenge for making us outcasts. This is what we've been waiting for all our lives. We're gonna blow this library up!"

Inbetween the angry cries they were laughing and shouting what fun they were having, and then they said again that all the scared assholes should get out from under the tables right now.

They put their bags on a computertable and fired indiscrimininately; Patti Nielson was too scared to talk and dropped the phone's receiver. But the line remained open and the rest of the events in the library could, partially understandable, be heard on the tape that recorded the 911 call.

Eric pointed outside: "Look, pigs are here". There were a few police cars outside now behind which a few officers ducked for cover.

"Come on, let's kill some cops," they said. Eric got down on one knee near the broken windows and fired; Dylan got down on his knees next to him and also fired. Shots were exchanged – nobody got hit.

Eric and Dylan went back to their bags and reloaded; they warned each other to be careful that they wouldn't get jumped. Dylan took his duster off and threw it on the floor; he was wearing a black T-shirt with red lettering spelling the word WRATH – rage, ire, anger. They fired shots and threw bombs, and kept yelling that this was revenge, that the white hats needed to get up, that the library was going to explode. The children beneath the tables didn't see much more than black pants and combat boots; Dylan made tinkling noises when he walked, because his pockets were so stuffed with items made of metal. Strapped to Eric's ankle with tape was some kind of box; a sheath with a knife.

Underneath a table in the back on the west side, Dan Steepleton thought they'd seen him because they kept shouting about white hats and he was wearing one. He wanted to get up for that reason – a boy next to him, Makai Hall, stopped him in time. But Dylan had seen Dan; he grinned, called "yahoo!", and fired at the table. Dan, Makai, and Patrick Ireland who was also seated there were hit; one girl remained unharmed.

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 4:10 am

Gustopoet2 wrote:
aubre wrote:

Used my best headphones. It sounds like "Get those bitches/sitches/switches over here, now go get em." then a silence and then "Can I help you?"

It might be an operator in the back.

Alternatively (although I'm not convinced about this at all), it might actually be Eric telling Dylan: "Go get (aka kill/shoot) those bitches over here". It can't be Dylan, since we knwo its Dylan who shot them, so why would he be talking to himself and giving himself orders?  Also the audio is poor, but the voice has the sort of metallic feel to it, like Eric in the hitmen for hire scene.

I'm playing "devil's advocate" as I'm not entirely convinced its them, but this would possibly form a coherent whole:
1) Eric tells Dylan to go "get those bitches".
2) Dylan is looking the other way, or hesitates, or just makes a silly face for a second, loos confused - anythign of that sort.
3) This prompts Eric to almost imidieatly add: "Now go get em!"
4) Dylan walks up, fires the two shots under the table without even looking, killing Lauren and wounding people around her with buckshot.
5) Someone (probably quietly so we don't hear it) says something like "help me."
6) Eric reacts to this in a sarcastic manner, asking: "Can I help you?"

Oh and this would happen to corroborate those people who said they felt like it Eric giving orders to Dylan in the library.

Back to top Go down
Leob81

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 7:12 am

I can hear the 'bitches' line, but it just doesn't sound like screaming to me. It just sounds like somebody talking normally and it's quite clear (from the operators end) and not something that a phone under a desk would pick up (much like the 'hey boy' and 'hello', 'can I help you' etc). You can only just about pick out Dylan's 'everybody get up now' and that's when he's right by the desk where the phone is. It only vaguely sounds like 'these bitches are still right over there' to me too, a bit like these songs where you're supposed to hear hidden messages if they're played backwards, you don't hear anything until you know what you're supposed to be listening out for.

I'll keep an open mind though and if you do end up cleaning it up then I'll take a listen. These £10 headphones I'm using probably aren't the best for this type of thing anyway. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 8:36 am

Leob81 wrote:
a bit like these songs where you're supposed to hear hidden messages if they're played backwards, you don't hear anything until you know what you're supposed to be listening out for.

I'll keep an open mind though and if you do end up cleaning it up then I'll take a listen. These £10 headphones I'm using probably aren't the best for this type of thing anyway. Smile

Yeah I'm gfetting the same feeling. Like the backwards songs or like luistening to "ghost voices" on a ghost box etc :/

As I said, I'm not relaly convinced its Eric and/or Dylan. My best bet is that's its some operator in the background. The "can I help you?" in particular stands out as something an operator would say.

Back to top Go down
lio45

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 11:52 am

Sabratha wrote:
Alternatively (although I'm not convinced about this at all), it might actually be Eric telling Dylan: "Go get (aka kill/shoot) those bitches over here". It can't be Dylan, since we knwo its Dylan who shot them, so why would he be talking to himself and giving himself orders?  Also the audio is poor, but the voice has the sort of metallic feel to it, like Eric in the hitmen for hire scene.

I'm playing "devil's advocate" as I'm not entirely convinced its them, but this would possibly form a coherent whole:
2) Dylan is looking the other way, or hesitates, or just makes a silly face for a second, loos confused - anythign of that sort.
4) Dylan walks up, fires the two shots under the table without even looking, killing Lauren and wounding people around her with buckshot.
5) Someone (probably quietly so we don't hear it) says something like "help me."

Completely impossible sequence of events: 4) happened MINUTES after 1)-3).

Either Dylan said it shortly after they entered the library and before they moved to the west side of the room (to enthusiastically let Eric have the good news that some of the juicier targets they hoped to find in the library were indeed there, so they'll have fun with them in due time -- screaming 'cause he's excited and the place is noisy too) or else if Eric told Dylan to go get them, then Dylan did not obey at all.

At 5:41, the boys are still near the entrance of the library, they haven't yet crossed to the computer rows and windows -- which fits with the "right over there" part, because Table 2 is indeed right over there from the entrance. It wouldn't be the case any more after they'd moved west.

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 12:09 pm

lio45 wrote:
Sabratha wrote:

Completely impossible sequence of events: 4) happened MINUTES after 1)-3).
So yeah, scratch that. Then it was the CC operator after all.

Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 2:27 pm

Sabratha wrote:

It might be an operator in the back.

It is Dylan's voice. Sorry Sab. It really is. And he really is saying what I've quoted.

The operators' voices are present, but there is simply no mistaking the timbre of Dylan's voice, particularly when he is yelling.

Back to top Go down
Gustopoet2

Gustopoet2

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 3:06 pm

lio45 wrote:

At 5:41, the boys are still near the entrance of the library, they haven't yet crossed to the computer rows and windows -- which fits with the "right over there" part, because Table 2 is indeed right over there from the entrance. It wouldn't be the case any more after they'd moved west.

Thanks for this info lio45, it is much appreciated.

Back to top Go down
lio45

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 3:42 pm

I'd really love to be able to hear this part of the call:

(The two transcripts match pretty well...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Dylan specifically target men?   Did Dylan specifically target men? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did Dylan specifically target men?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next