Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What makes you cry?

Go down 
+24
Amarantha
Criminalprofiling123
rr126131
Draw_It_White
Pennydreadful
InsaneIntruder
_CannibaLCorpsE_
Lucy
sororityalpha
Justjenna
BlackandWhite
TheSpiral
shades
Love
ldg1414
Archvile
meenwhile
WendlaBergman
LPorter101
PaintItBlack
Sabratha
eli27
paradisedreams
John Denver
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

What makes you cry? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 10:50 pm

What makes me cry? This will surprise some, but hearing about the change in the shooters. The downward spiral. I've had issues with mental illness my entire life, so it really hits hard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 3:10 pm

Kyle. I can not come up with a more innocent victim than him. And I don't understand why E&D killed him, no matter how hard I try. He was never a threat to them, and I wonder if he even fully understood what was happening.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85803
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 6:44 pm

Daniel Mauser makes me sad. He seemed like such a nice, innocent boy. And his family seems to be very nice too and doesn't deserve to loose their kid.
But neither family deserved to loose their kid.
Back to top Go down
Pennydreadful

Contribution Points : 65325
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 6:47 pm

Sue Klebold's book made me cry several times. She is such a wonderful, gentle soul and the last person in the world to deserve such suffering. My heart really breaks for her(and for other victims and their families as well of course). Also that teacher's 911 call from the library. You can really hear and feel the terror that went on in there. Lastly, all that potencial and futures lost. Not only the victims, but also the killers..
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97993
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 6:59 pm

lilypadlane wrote:
Kyle. I can not come up with a more innocent victim than him. And I don't understand why E&D killed him, no matter how hard I try. He was never a threat to them, and I wonder if he even fully understood what was happening.

I'm not sure this guy wasn't as meek and mild as made out. Wasn't he excluded from his previous school for arson?

No way did he do anything to deserve what happened to him, I'm just not sure he was the innocent never done anything wrong character he's made out to be.

You're right he seems to be 100% innocent as in I can't seem to find any evidence he wronged Eric and Dylan in any way. But there's nothing to suggest anyone else killed did either - meaning they were all as innocent as each other.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124034
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 7:52 pm

1:24:50 End scene of movie after Shia LaBeouf has been shot and is dying

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
rr126131

Contribution Points : 65304

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 2:45 pm

When my mind has turned on me and I can't take life anymore I cry, anything sad to do with animals will make me teary. I have also wanted to cry reading a thing or two in Dylan's journals because I can understand feeling so much pain.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79711
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 4:56 pm

you.

Criminalprofiling123

Contribution Points : 65406

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 9:56 pm

Well knowing that I can't relive the best moments of my life physically and have to picture it in my head over and over makes me cry. Also one certain sacrifice makes me cry but it's for the better.

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 10:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - You are only 21, I am sure you will still have some 'best' moments ahead in your life.
Back to top Go down
Criminalprofiling123

Criminalprofiling123

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 11:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thanks (: I get that a lot and you're right I still have a whole lot too look forward too. I guess it's the anticipation or the wait that's wearing me out but I'll be more patient. One can try.

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 11:32 pm

No problem, there is still lots of time for you to experience great things in your life.

May I ask, what is the certain sacrifice that makes you cry?
Back to top Go down
Criminalprofiling123

Criminalprofiling123

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 1:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Well..... letting go of someone I love. He told me it was a very mature thing I did. I had too, got no other choice.

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 2:08 pm

Oh I am sorry to hear. I am glad you are okay.
Back to top Go down
Criminalprofiling123

Criminalprofiling123

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 2:25 pm

@sororityaplpha thanks (: hope you're having a good day

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 2:45 pm

I don't like to see animals suffer, that could make me cry.
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Amarantha

Contribution Points : 72447
Forum Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 1:06 am

Ignorance being praised as an acceptable "modus vivendi".

shades

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 3:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Why'd you let him go? If you can't share it here you can always PM me.

Criminalprofiling123

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 3:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] he didn't want to be with me and I tried to get him back but realized forcing it wouldn't do any good.

shades

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 3:55 pm

Criminalprofiling123 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] he didn't want to be with me and I tried to get him back but realized forcing it wouldn't do any good.

Wow. literally what i'm going through. I've been working hard forgetting him and he had the nerve to contact me again and then disappear again fucking my thoughts and emotions up.

I just cried awhile ago. I'm having a really bad state of mind and I hate everything.
Back to top Go down
Criminalprofiling123

Criminalprofiling123

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 4:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I video chatted with him after almost a year. Seemed very weird. I had a sense he was crying but it could've been his cold I don't know. It shook me to no end that he all of a sudden after so long wanted to skype me.
I know how you're feeling, except I've been talking to him regularly even after we broke up which has been almost a year.
I was going in a downwards spiral back then and I was okay and now I'm back at it but not because of him but because I'm slacking hard and nothing is going right.

shades

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 4:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] still at a downwards spiral because of him and nothing is also going right so basically I'm ready to die.

Criminalprofiling123

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 4:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] don't bother with him, just block him from everything. Even block his phone number if you have an Iphone. It seriously helps.

Criminalprofiling123

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 4:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I didn't block my ex cause he's not an asshole but if he was I would've blocked him from everything.
Do that, then he will never bother you and you can move on and be at peace.

shades

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 4:24 pm

I think I've subconsciously not blocked him, because somehow I want him to come back around. He's not even an asshole either. But the part that proves he is is when he finds me only for the wrong reasons.

I don't know what I want to do, all I know now is I hate everything.

Criminalprofiling123

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] just be honest with him about your feelings I'm sure he'll understsnd

Contribution Points : 65188

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 12:41 pm

I'm not sure if this counts. It's Columbine related, but not part of the actual evidence of the crime.

But my most recent cry was from watching a short film on YouTube called "Reunion: 13 Worth Remembering". It really put things into perspective for me and made me really emotional. I tend to lose the humanity of these people in the facts of the case, so anything that brings me back to reality is jolting.

Disclaimer: I'm not sure how true to life any of the ideas presented are, but the message is solid either way.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 2:52 pm

xconf143usionx wrote:
But my most recent cry was from watching a short film on YouTube called "Reunion: 13 Worth Remembering". It really put things into perspective for me and made me really emotional. I tend to lose the humanity of these people in the facts of the case, so anything that brings me back to reality is jolting.

Disclaimer: I'm not sure how true to life any of the ideas presented are, but the message is solid either way.

Here it is:

Back to top Go down
xconf143usionx

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 2:54 pm

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm

you are welcome
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96541
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 12:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
I think the idea of a movie to speculate on the lives the victims might have lived is a good one.
When someone passes young, I think everyone who hears their story will ponder what might have been.But I dislike the movie because the filmmakers just had to make a big point on the DVD box and in their advertising that E &D's lives weren't remembering.They didn't have to put that in there.They should have left that out for the sake of E &D's relatives if nothing else.They could have just simply left E &D out instead of saying such a hurtful thing to anyone who care about them.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
xconf143usionx

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 1:03 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
I think the idea of a movie to speculate on the lives the victims might have lived is a good one.
When someone passes young, I think everyone who hears their story will ponder what might have been.But I dislike the movie because the filmmakers just had to make a big point on the DVD box and in their advertising  that E &D's lives weren't remembering.They didn't have to put that in there.They should have left that out for the sake of E &D's relatives if nothing else.They could have just simply left E &D out instead of saying such a hurtful thing to anyone who care about them.

I feel like I may have missed something. I only watched the video once, and don't really know anything about the people that made it or their advertising. I will say, I do wish Eric and Dylan were in it. Their lives were senselessly wasted too. But I also understand why some people may not want to honor Eric and Dylan in the same places as the other 13 (including some of the victims' families).
I guess I took it as "here are 13 people that are worth remembering" instead of "here are the only people that died that day that are worth remembering".
If they've implied or stated anything that outright excludes Eric and Dylan, then I don't agree with that, and it does somewhat change how I see the movie.

Another kind of massive problem I have with it is that they portray Kyle as having Downs Syndrome. Kyle had a stroke at birth and suffered brain damage causing him to be developmentally disabled. He didn't have DS, which is a chromosomal abnormality. That rubbed me the wrong way quite a bit.

But it's still the only video I've seen honoring who the victims could have been, not just who they were when they died. And I think that specific message is what resonated with me. We spend a lot of time speculating about who Eric and Dylan might have grown up to be, but I'd never considered the potential lost in the adults the victims (besides Dave, obviously) never got to be. I also think it was really cool to show Dave continuing to inspire kids. It shows the magnitude of the impact this event had on the community's future
Again, I think it would have been incredible to have seen E&D in this. If nothing else, then to show those going down similar paths that they, like E&D have/had other options.

In summary, I'd agree that it has its problems, but I think the message is unique enough, and told in a compelling enough way that, in my opinion, it still has a lot of value.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96541
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 1:28 am

I don't know if they still say this on the dvd cover or in their description but when the movie first came out the tagline was something like On 4/20/99 15 lives were lost.13 are worth remembering." or something similar to that.
Even though I think such a movie is a good idea because of the above I was never very interested in this movie.
Not saying others shouldn't be but this has always been my feelings about it.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 3:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

On April 20, 1999, the entire nation was shocked and saddened by the news of the shootings at Columbine High School. 13 victims lost their lives...13 families were left shattered and forever changed. This is their story.
Back to top Go down
21stcenturyreality

Contribution Points : 67673

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 5:14 pm

Sparky wondering why her(?) owner never came home.

Dave Sanders.

Kyle seeing all the commotion going down and not understanding it.

(In my opinion) the guilt that Neil Gardener must feel. I really hope that he doesn't have feelings like "I could have done more" when thinking about 4/20.
Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 74944

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 6:03 pm

The interview with Isaiah's aunt in the 13 Families documentary. Just seeing the tear roll down her cheek as she tries to maintain her composure.
Back to top Go down
Szabo

Contribution Points : 67663
Forum Reputation : 35

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 7:38 pm

The audio of Val Schnurr's screams in the library and Tom Mauser can get me pretty emotional as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What makes you cry?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next