Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What makes you cry?

Go down 
+24
Amarantha
Criminalprofiling123
rr126131
Draw_It_White
Pennydreadful
InsaneIntruder
_CannibaLCorpsE_
Lucy
sororityalpha
Justjenna
BlackandWhite
TheSpiral
shades
Love
ldg1414
Archvile
meenwhile
WendlaBergman
LPorter101
PaintItBlack
Sabratha
eli27
paradisedreams
John Denver
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96566
Forum Reputation : 52

What makes you cry? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 12:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
I think the idea of a movie to speculate on the lives the victims might have lived is a good one.
When someone passes young, I think everyone who hears their story will ponder what might have been.But I dislike the movie because the filmmakers just had to make a big point on the DVD box and in their advertising that E &D's lives weren't remembering.They didn't have to put that in there.They should have left that out for the sake of E &D's relatives if nothing else.They could have just simply left E &D out instead of saying such a hurtful thing to anyone who care about them.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
xconf143usionx

Contribution Points : 65213
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 1:03 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
I think the idea of a movie to speculate on the lives the victims might have lived is a good one.
When someone passes young, I think everyone who hears their story will ponder what might have been.But I dislike the movie because the filmmakers just had to make a big point on the DVD box and in their advertising  that E &D's lives weren't remembering.They didn't have to put that in there.They should have left that out for the sake of E &D's relatives if nothing else.They could have just simply left E &D out instead of saying such a hurtful thing to anyone who care about them.

I feel like I may have missed something. I only watched the video once, and don't really know anything about the people that made it or their advertising. I will say, I do wish Eric and Dylan were in it. Their lives were senselessly wasted too. But I also understand why some people may not want to honor Eric and Dylan in the same places as the other 13 (including some of the victims' families).
I guess I took it as "here are 13 people that are worth remembering" instead of "here are the only people that died that day that are worth remembering".
If they've implied or stated anything that outright excludes Eric and Dylan, then I don't agree with that, and it does somewhat change how I see the movie.

Another kind of massive problem I have with it is that they portray Kyle as having Downs Syndrome. Kyle had a stroke at birth and suffered brain damage causing him to be developmentally disabled. He didn't have DS, which is a chromosomal abnormality. That rubbed me the wrong way quite a bit.

But it's still the only video I've seen honoring who the victims could have been, not just who they were when they died. And I think that specific message is what resonated with me. We spend a lot of time speculating about who Eric and Dylan might have grown up to be, but I'd never considered the potential lost in the adults the victims (besides Dave, obviously) never got to be. I also think it was really cool to show Dave continuing to inspire kids. It shows the magnitude of the impact this event had on the community's future
Again, I think it would have been incredible to have seen E&D in this. If nothing else, then to show those going down similar paths that they, like E&D have/had other options.

In summary, I'd agree that it has its problems, but I think the message is unique enough, and told in a compelling enough way that, in my opinion, it still has a lot of value.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96566
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 1:28 am

I don't know if they still say this on the dvd cover or in their description but when the movie first came out the tagline was something like On 4/20/99 15 lives were lost.13 are worth remembering." or something similar to that.
Even though I think such a movie is a good idea because of the above I was never very interested in this movie.
Not saying others shouldn't be but this has always been my feelings about it.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124059
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 3:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

On April 20, 1999, the entire nation was shocked and saddened by the news of the shootings at Columbine High School. 13 victims lost their lives...13 families were left shattered and forever changed. This is their story.
Back to top Go down
21stcenturyreality

Contribution Points : 67698

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 5:14 pm

Sparky wondering why her(?) owner never came home.

Dave Sanders.

Kyle seeing all the commotion going down and not understanding it.

(In my opinion) the guilt that Neil Gardener must feel. I really hope that he doesn't have feelings like "I could have done more" when thinking about 4/20.
Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 74969

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 6:03 pm

The interview with Isaiah's aunt in the 13 Families documentary. Just seeing the tear roll down her cheek as she tries to maintain her composure.
Back to top Go down
Szabo

Contribution Points : 67688
Forum Reputation : 35

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 7:38 pm

The audio of Val Schnurr's screams in the library and Tom Mauser can get me pretty emotional as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What makes you cry?   What makes you cry? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What makes you cry?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2