Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lauren's vision

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96841
Forum Reputation : 52

Lauren's vision Empty
PostSubject: Lauren's vision   Lauren's vision Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 10:44 pm

I find it so interesting that she also had a premonition of her youthful death.
To me, the only explanation is spiritual.

Though she had a keen premonition of her own early death (amazingly, she left a four-page will and, shortly before the shooting, wrote in her diary that she had "learned and done everything God wanted me to do here"), Townsend was also determined to live in service to wildlife.
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 84919
Forum Reputation : 0

Lauren's vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lauren's vision   Lauren's vision Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 12:34 am

I've never heard of this. What premonition did she have?

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down

Lauren's vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lauren's vision   Lauren's vision Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 2:08 am

Interesting. Both Lauren and Rachel has premonitions. Do you know what was in the will?
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Lauren's vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lauren's vision   Lauren's vision Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 3:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
I don't have any more information than I posted here about this.
I would love to see the will and Lauren's diary entry's to learn more but I don't know if her family will ever release them.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97917
Forum Reputation : 440

Lauren's vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lauren's vision   Lauren's vision Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 8:06 am

The Shoels family also mention Isaiah having some sort of premonition and a week before the shooting asking about what they would do if he died. He even was said to cracked a joke, something to the extent that they should have a funeral with an open casket with him naked, cause he wouldn't want the girls to miss such a good sight.

I'm not entirely sure I believe theit story. The Shoels already expressed a lot of pretty weird beliefs over the years (E&D being killed by the government and the whole thing being a coverup etc).

On the other hand, its hardly all that surprising that teens think and talk about death. I know people in my HS thought and talked about that.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down

Lauren's vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lauren's vision   Lauren's vision Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 9:51 am

that's very interesting that they believe it was a coverup. I wonder what led them to believe that.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

Contribution Points : 83690
Forum Reputation : 10

Lauren's vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lauren's vision   Lauren's vision Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 10:23 am

Teens tend to think about death more than adults, on average.

However, it does make me wonder about the atmosphere at CHS, and how it played a part in the collective mental health of all the students there. Or, there could just be other forces at work that we can't comprehend. The shooting was a literal world changing event. it's possible that there was a ripple effect that went both ways in the timeline.

Sorry to get so metaphysical : )
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Lauren's vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lauren's vision   Lauren's vision Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 11:16 am

Well, certainly Rachel Scott was thinking about death, probably even suicide. Some of her writings are very dark and her poems sound like made by a person who is deeply depressed.

Back to top Go down
radaddio

Contribution Points : 83690
Forum Reputation : 10

Lauren's vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lauren's vision   Lauren's vision Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 11:36 am

She was also very religious as well. Yet, Brooks remembers her as being open minded and easy to talk to regarding topics of faith and religion. I wonder if that tied in as well.

I recall that Cassie Bernal had some kind of vampire/occult/violent thing going on that her parents forced out of her by way of Christian summer camp brainwashing. I would be almost certain that she thought about death.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Lauren's vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lauren's vision   Lauren's vision Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 11:50 am

radaddio wrote:
I recall that Cassie Bernal had some kind of vampire/occult/violent thing going on that her parents forced out of her by way of Christian summer camp brainwashing. I would be almost certain that she thought about death.

I've heard people mention she was in a satanic cult, but frankly they were saying the same thing about E&D or the TCM at large. I've got the feeling that playing V:tM or being a Buffy fan was enough to get people in Littleton to asusme you must be into satanism and witchcraft [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Lauren's vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lauren's vision   Lauren's vision Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 8:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
Cassie and her former best friend "Mona"were once heavily into dark occult practices.
They were active devil worshippers.
Cassie even confessed to the first friend she made at her new Christian school that she had "given her soul to Satan through a friend" and "There is no way I could live God."
I agree that Littleton no doubt gives that label to people too easily but in Cassie's case it was indeed true.
All this is spoken about in some detail in the She said Yes book.
I feel it makes her conversion and turn around all the more remarkable.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Lauren's vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lauren's vision   Lauren's vision Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 6:39 am

That's the problem with Cassie, she's not around to tell her story and we just get the input of her christian family and her church group associates.

Not saying I'm certain she wasn't into some occult stuff, all I'm saying is that I'm skeptical given how people in the area tend to misrepresent things when lookign at them through evangelical lenses. Thanks to Rachel's own poems, I know they misrepresented her as well.

That's all I'm saying - know how other people were misrepresented, I'm treating the info on Cassie with a pinch of salt, especially since unlike Rachel, we never get to hear her speaking with her own voice.

Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Lauren's vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lauren's vision   Lauren's vision Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 7:39 pm

@ Sabratha,
Fair enough.

Back to top Go down
Archvile

Archvile

Contribution Points : 80011
Forum Reputation : 18

Lauren's vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lauren's vision   Lauren's vision Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 8:38 pm

I remember seeing a Cassie documentary that said she drew a picture of herself killing her parents, anybody remember that?
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Lauren's vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lauren's vision   Lauren's vision Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 10:13 pm

@Charles Whitman
I think I remember what you are talking about.
In one of the letters her former best friend "Mona" had written her, "Mona" had drawn a knife and wrote beneath it "Dripping with parents guts.
"Mona " also drew a picture of two headstones that said "Ma Bernall'' and "Pa Bernall" and beneath each one of them 'RIP'.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lauren's vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lauren's vision   Lauren's vision Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lauren's vision
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: