Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cafeteria Footage question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mrpnuz

Contribution Points : 76422
Forum Reputation : 0

Cafeteria Footage question Empty
PostSubject: Cafeteria Footage question   Cafeteria Footage question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 12:43 am

I've read multiple accounts saying that Eric and Dylan fired into the cafeteria at students when entering the school for the first time. My question is if this is true, why wasn't it picked up on the security tape? As far as I've seen they don't come into frame until after the library when they start shooting at the bombs that failed to detonate. Is there some cafeteria footage being withheld?

Also, is there anything interesting you've picked up from the cafeteria footage that you havent heard anyone talk about?

I've hit a wall in my columbine research where I can't seem to find any more answers and it is driving me crazy. I'm sure you guys know the feel.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria Footage question   Cafeteria Footage question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 1:11 am

When the shooting first started, Dylan walked down the staircase, shot Lance Kirklin in the face and then proceeded to walk into the Cafeteria entrance. He didn't shoot his gun. He looked in and then ran back to the top of the staircase where he and Eric entered the school via the west entrance.

They then walked the halls a little bit, shot Dave Sanders. Shot at a few other kids and then entered the Library. In the Library, they killed 10 students with the last victim of the massacre (besides themselves) being Corey DePooter who was shot and killed at roughly 11:36 AM.  

They did not enter the Cafeteria for the first time until 11:44 AM. They used the stairs outside of the Library to go down into the Cafeteria. As they walked down the staircase, Eric kneeled down, put his gun through the railing and began shooting at the propane tanks. He did not shoot at any students.

At around 11:47, one of the propane bombs partially detonates, turning on the sprinkler system in the Cafeteria to put the fire out. The boys leave the Cafeteria at 11:47 and walk around the hallways. They shoot their guns and set off bombs. They never shoot or try to shoot anyone else.

At 11:56, the boys reenter the Cafeteria. They walk around the Cafeteria. They go into the kitchen area of the Cafeteria. And at 12:00 PM on the dot, they head back up the stairs (this can be seen on the CCTV) and reenter the Library. They have a shootout with the cops for a few minutes and then sit down in front of a bookshelf. Dylan takes off his jewelry and leaves it in a pile on the floor. Dylan then sets off a molotov. Before it explodes, Eric shoots himself in the mouth. Seconds later Dylan shoots himself in the left temple. They were dead by 12:08 PM.

This link here is to this forum's Facebook page. It's a complete diagram of exactly what happened and what time it happened. Hopefully it will help you see exactly how it played out.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105413
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria Footage question   Cafeteria Footage question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 3:10 am

Pretty sure Eric stopped shooting people after he broke his nose with the recoil of the shotgun. I could be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria Footage question   Cafeteria Footage question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 3:30 am

slippy123 wrote:
Pretty sure Eric stopped shooting people after he broke his nose with the recoil of the shotgun. I could be wrong though.

No. Eric broke his nose after he shot and killed Cassie Bernall. Eric went on to murder 3 more people after he broke his nose (Isaiah Sholes, Kelly Fleming and Daniel Mauser).

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria Footage question   Cafeteria Footage question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 3:33 am

Jenn wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

No. Eric broke his nose after he shot and killed Cassie Bernall. Eric went on to murder 3 more people after he broke his nose (Isaiah Sholes, Kelly Fleming and Daniel Mauser).

To bad that didn't disorient him enough to stop shooting, could of saved those 3 lives Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria Footage question   Cafeteria Footage question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 4:06 am

Jenn wrote:
When the shooting first started, Dylan walked down the staircase, shot Lance Kirklin in the face and then proceeded to walk into the Cafeteria entrance. He didn't shoot his gun. He looked in and then ran back to the top of the staircase where he and Eric entered the school via the west entrance.

They then walked the halls a little bit, shot Dave Sanders. Shot at a few other kids and then entered the Library. In the Library, they killed 10 students with the last victim of the massacre (besides themselves) being Corey DePooter who was shot and killed at roughly 11:36 AM.  

They did not enter the Cafeteria for the first time until 11:44 AM. They used the stairs outside of the Library to go down into the Cafeteria. As they walked down the staircase, Eric kneeled down, put his gun through the railing and began shooting at the propane tanks. He did not shoot at any students.

At around 11:47, one of the propane bombs partially detonates, turning on the sprinkler system in the Cafeteria to put the fire out. The boys leave the Cafeteria at 11:47 and walk around the hallways. They shoot their guns and set off bombs. They never shoot or try to shoot anyone else.

At 11:56, the boys reenter the Cafeteria. They walk around the Cafeteria. They go into the kitchen area of the Cafeteria. And at 12:00 PM on the dot, they head back up the stairs (this can be seen on the CCTV) and reenter the Library. They have a shootout with the cops for a few minutes and then sit down in front of a bookshelf. Dylan takes off his jewelry and leaves it in a pile on the floor. Dylan then sets off a molotov. Before it explodes, Eric shoots himself in the mouth. Seconds later Dylan shoots himself in the left temple. They were dead by 12:08 PM.

This link here is to this forum's Facebook page. It's a complete diagram of exactly what happened and what time it happened. Hopefully it will help you see exactly how it played out.

That site you posted is great info. My question is it seems there is a "dark period" when Eric walks up with the first duffel bag. I know there were witnesses that saw them walking into the school, but did anyone actually see them put the bags down in the cafeteria? That site just shows Eric walk into the main entrance with the bag, it doesn't even show him going into the cafeteria. It does say Dylan walked in towards the vending machines. I've always wondered if they just dropped the bags and walked out, or sat down at that table for a sec to make it look inconspicuous.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria Footage question   Cafeteria Footage question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 4:26 am

slippy123 wrote:
Jenn wrote:

That site you posted is great info. My question is it seems there is a "dark period" when Eric walks up with the first duffel bag. I know there were witnesses that saw them walking into the school, but did anyone actually see them put the bags down in the cafeteria? That site just shows Eric walk into the main entrance with the bag, it doesn't even show him going into the cafeteria. It does say Dylan walked in towards the vending machines. I've always wondered if they just dropped the bags and walked out, or sat down at that table for a sec to make it look inconspicuous.

No. There are no confirmed witnesses who saw Dylan or Eric actually leave the bags in the Cafeteria and unfortunately, due to a video tape change, the CCTV didn't capture it either. So no one knows exactly what they did. The bags were placed sometime between 11:10 - 11:14 AM. The timer on them was set for 11:17 AM. When the bombs did not work, they improvised and started shooting at 11:19 AM. And that's really all we know.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria Footage question   Cafeteria Footage question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 4:44 am

Jenn wrote:
slippy123 wrote:
Jenn wrote:

No. There are no confirmed witnesses who saw Dylan or Eric actually leave the bags in the Cafeteria and unfortunately, due to a video tape change, the CCTV didn't capture it either. So no one knows exactly what they did. The bags were placed sometime between 11:10 - 11:14 AM. The timer on them was set for 11:17 AM. When the bombs did not work, they improvised and started shooting at 11:19 AM. And that's really all we know.

Yeah, that dammed video tape switch. Of course out of all the time in the day it could be switched, it had to of been during the time they walked into the cafeteria with the bags. I guess when Dylan peeked into the cafeteria after they stared shooting that wasn't picked up either?
Back to top Go down
Mrpnuz

Contribution Points : 76422

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria Footage question   Cafeteria Footage question Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 5:40 am

From what I've seen, Dylan peeking in the cafeteria was not picked up. Though the camera is constantly switching angles so it's possible that the security tape just missed it.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102188
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria Footage question   Cafeteria Footage question Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 10:14 pm

The footage is hard to see and it is possible that Dylan is on it and we just haven't found it yet.
Back to top Go down
WhereHateRunsRed

WhereHateRunsRed

Contribution Points : 81829

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria Footage question   Cafeteria Footage question Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 2:28 am

Would somebody be so kind to refer to the source that Klebold aimed his weapon at people inside the cafeteria, I remember reading it in Cullenbine but can't find a legitimate source for it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria Footage question   Cafeteria Footage question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cafeteria Footage question
Page 1 of 1