Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

NBK vs IRL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gasolinechild

PostSubject: NBK vs IRL   Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:47 pm

After several re-watches of Natural Born Killers it's starting to really...BOTHER...me how many things would not work out like that in real life. In real life the two of them would get caught so f'ing quickly. Like "within 3 days" quickly.

How do they afford all the different cars they drive, first of all? With money they steal from their kills? Do they just take their kills' cars? How do they not get recognized in one millisecond? OK I know Mallory wore a bunch of different wigs, but THAT DOES NOT COUNT AS A DISGUISE. Nobody would be fooled. And all those wigs, and the guns, how much time would it take them to get all their gear and stuff from Car 1 to Car 2 without wasting valuable time?

I need to check and see if maybe they had the same car through the whole movie. IRL they'd need to disguise that car, not to mention the license plate... complaint was this supposed to take place at some mythical time in American history when law enforcement was staffed entirely by half-witted ex-fastfood-employees? (Obviously pre-Patriot Act and pre-omnisurveillance. Though NBK2000/a reboot that takes place in contemporary USland with all its idiosyncracies would be interesting. An MTV-filter romantic montage of the two driving through town bricking all the traffic cams with a smartphone? Yes.)

I know it's a movie, not supposed to be realistic, blah blah blah, but if they're going to make it look so appealing...like every highschooler's dream road trip come true but with more killing people for lulz...the verisimilitude fail is OUCH.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: NBK vs IRL   Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:19 am

Look at Aileen Wuornos. She'd kill her 'customers' and then drive off in their cars (and she'd drive around in their cars for days at a time) and she'd take their money and pawn their belongings. And she got away with it for over a year.

NBK vs IRL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Miscellaneous :: Media-
Jump to: