Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 97116
Forum Reputation : 52

Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016   Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 11:35 pm

I'm sure they were soon destroyed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101799
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016   Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 10:16 am

where do you get this pic?
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 102424
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016   Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 10:38 am

Any pics of them there?
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016   Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 9:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I found it online when I was looking at pictures of the original crosses.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm not sure.The girl posted them the night before and said she was taking them to the memorial the next day.She may have took her own pictures for herself.I don't know but she said she went back the next day to check and they were already gone.Someone told her she should go back with more crosses and crazy glue but I doubt she'll try that.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016   Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 9:28 pm

Here is what the girl who made these had to say about it.

I truly wish they had a memorial for the boys too. I knew my crosses would be removed but how fast they were removed is what astonished me. i didn't put them in the circle of the other victims, but it's understandable. People do not recognize the 15 victims of april 20, 1999. I'm not sure it will ever happen.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90549
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016   Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 10:36 pm

There is a garden park about 45 minutes from where I live, and last time I went (about a year ago) there was a small section in a secluded area that was 15 blue and white Columbine plants in a circle with a heart-shaped memorial stone in the middle inscribed "APRIL 20 1999". There is a sign posted by it emphasizing that "There are intended to be FIFTEEN Columbine plants - one for EACH PERSON WHO DIED. Do NOT pull, crush, cut, or otherwise remove, damage, or destroy ANY of the Columbine plants for ANY reason," blah blah State Law number such-and-such, $200 fine. Next time I'm there I'll take pictures if I can find it again - it was in a pretty odd, secluded place (you have to walk back through some bushes on a trail to get to it).
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016   Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 10:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
That's wonderful.Beautiful.
It's an unpopular opinion but I think that there should have been some acknowledgment of E &D or at least their families loss at the memorial.Two other families lost someone dear to them that day but their loss is totally ignored by the memorial ,school and town. I don't think that's right.
I was impressed with how Cho was included at the original VT memorial that sprung up a few days after the shooting and people there didn't seem to go ballistic about it.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016   Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 11:28 pm

Thank you, sororityalpha.
Those were lovely, well done crosses made with care.Their creator expected them to be destroyed but it still strikes me as a shame.

Back to top Go down
aquillina

Contribution Points : 73923
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016   Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 1:35 am

I think those were beautiful. It's easy to label Eric and Dylan as monsters but what's most important is to understand that they were humans just like everyone else.

PostSubject: Re: Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016   Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homemade crosses left for E &D at memorial on January 11, 2016
Page 1 of 1