Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...?

Go down 
+10
deathmedic
OldskoolNBK
Lizpuff
Belladonna
Jenn
PaintItBlack
LPorter101
Freezingmoon
Falco
ThoughtBox
14 posters
AuthorMessage
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 84046
Forum Reputation : 13

A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...? Empty
PostSubject: A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...?   A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 5:19 pm

I was just thinking about all the various topics I have seen on here the last couple of years I have been following this forum, and I don't know if I have seen this question asked...

If somehow you could have prevented the death of ANY one of the 13 victims (I'm not including E/D here because for various reasons), which innocent person would it have been, and why? I don't think this is a disrespectful or morbid question, I think it sheds more light on the member who responds to it than to the person in question. I'll probably post my answer a little later after I have more time to think about it.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

Contribution Points : 86782
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...?   A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 5:33 pm

This is a good question, and also a hard one. I think all of the victims some what resonate to me in some way, but Rachel would probably resonate the most without being cliche.I don't think I can answer the question properly because I also think Danny R resonates with me. I will think about it too.

Last edited by Falcolus on Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 77620
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...?   A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 7:37 pm

It's hard to choose one.  Danny R, Daniel Mauser, and Steven Curnow were the youngest, so I'd go with one of them.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151268
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...?   A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 8:56 pm

I couldn't do it. I'd pick a name out of a hat and call it God's will.

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96691
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...?   A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 9:32 pm

I don't think I could choose just one.I think I could only do that if I was there in the moment and had a direct opportunity to intervene.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118908
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...?   A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 11:42 pm

For me it would be Daniel Mauser. It's heartbreaking watching videos of his Father. Him wearing Daniel's shoes. Him making videos because these insane Dylan and Eric fans harass this poor man who lost his son. His family adopting a baby to try and lessen the pain of losing their only son. Watching videos of Daniel's last Christmas. Thinking of this child trying to defend himself while hiding under a table and then being shot in the face. It's sad. If I could save one of the children, I think it would be him. Although it wouldn't really be fair to the others, but I'm just answering truthfully. For me, Daniel is the saddest.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Belladonna

Contribution Points : 74589

PostSubject: Re: A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...?   A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 4:03 am

Maybe Cassie because it sounded like she went through hell for a lot of her young life (and only just started to find peace with herself)
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96299
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...?   A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 10:29 am

If I had to pick I would say Isaiah. I don't really know why but I feel the most sad for him. The last few moments of his life....being dragged out from the table and ridiculed.

OldskoolNBK

OldskoolNBK

Contribution Points : 75247

PostSubject: Re: A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...?   A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 10:40 am

Cassie or rachel
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 101999
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...?   A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 9:09 am

Rachel Scott, so her family wouldn't be able to money grub off of her.
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 77620

PostSubject: Re: A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...?   A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 2:05 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
If I had to pick I would say Isaiah.  I don't really know why but I feel the most sad for him.  The last few moments of his life....being dragged out from the table and ridiculed.  

Being called the N word before being shot......that's sickening.  I generally try to be empathetic toward Eric and Dylan due to the fact that they were suffering from mental illness, but when I think about this I hate them with a passion
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90124

PostSubject: Re: A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...?   A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 4:16 pm

deathmedic wrote:
Rachel Scott, so her family wouldn't be able to money grub off of her.

You said what I was afraid to.
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 84046
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...?   A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 12:04 pm

Jenn wrote:
For me it would be Daniel Mauser. It's heartbreaking watching videos of his Father. Him wearing Daniel's shoes. Him making videos because these insane Dylan and Eric fans harass this poor man who lost his son. His family adopting a baby to try and lessen the pain of losing their only son. Watching videos of Daniel's last Christmas. Thinking of this child trying to defend himself while hiding under a table and then being shot in the face. It's sad. If I could save one of the children, I think it would be him. Although it wouldn't really be fair to the others, but I'm just answering truthfully. For me, Daniel is the saddest.

I would have to agree about Daniel as well. I think I've posted before about Daniel and what may or may not have happened in his attempt to perhaps thwart E/D or at least put up a fight for his life. He's also the one Columbine victim who reminds me the most of myself as a kid and that's probably another reason why I would likely choose him.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
fxiths

Contribution Points : 75053

PostSubject: Re: A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...?   A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 11:21 pm

Daniel Mauser, the reasons are the same as stated above. His father is such a strong person and it's absolutely disgusting to read some of the comments on his videos... I just feel like giving him a big hug.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
NotYourRobot

Contribution Points : 74724

PostSubject: Re: A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...?   A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 1:44 pm

Um… why is no one choosing Dave Sandérs?
Back to top Go down
astrospace92

astrospace92

Contribution Points : 74253

PostSubject: Re: A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...?   A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 2:43 pm

NotYourRobot wrote:
Um… why is no one choosing Dave Sandérs?

I came here to choose Dave Sanders, actually.
Back to top Go down
NotYourRobot

Contribution Points : 74724

PostSubject: Re: A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...?   A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 3:57 pm

Dave spent the last minutes before he was shot being so heroic and he definitely didn't deserve to die, none of them did
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...?   A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 4:36 pm

Kelly Flemming. She seems my type and a nice person that you can get along with.
Back to top Go down
astrospace92

astrospace92

Contribution Points : 74253

PostSubject: Re: A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...?   A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 5:25 pm

NotYourRobot wrote:
Dave spent the last minutes before he was shot being so heroic and he definitely didn't deserve to die, none of them did  

The thing that really gets me about Dave Sanders is, he really could have been saved (most of them could have been in actuality) if the police had just intervened earlier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...?   A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Really Interesting Question: If You Could Save...?
Page 1 of 1