Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If Columbine happened in 2016

Go down 
+3
Lizpuff
WendlaBergman
astrospace92
7 posters
AuthorMessage
astrospace92

astrospace92

Contribution Points : 74153
Forum Reputation : 0

If Columbine happened in 2016 Empty
PostSubject: If Columbine happened in 2016   If Columbine happened in 2016 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 3:21 pm

Exact same scenario/people but in 2016.

So Columbine hasn't happened yet (and therefore, none of the mass shooters post 1999 who have referenced Columbine have either) we're a month away.

Is it going to happen, or will it be stopped?

If if does happen, what's the outcome?

(I'm really not being facetious when I say this, but I do really believe people would be using social media whilst hiding in the Library.)
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90024

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened in 2016   If Columbine happened in 2016 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 7:12 pm

They strike me as the type who would have social media pages, possibly cringeworthy ones. There would definitely be more, higher quality, and possibly racier pictures for fangirls to drool over. Rolling Eyes I think they'd post some Basement Tapes online and possibly get caught.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened in 2016   If Columbine happened in 2016 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 4:51 am

Honestly, they'd probably get the shit kicked out of them. I don't see high school kids today as innocent as they were back then and a lot more inclined to defend themselves.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96199
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened in 2016   If Columbine happened in 2016 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 9:14 am

I think it could go either way...as in happen or not happen. If Dylan and especially Eric could keep their plans off the internet and remain as secretive as they were back in 99 I think it could have a chance at happening.

But in all honesty the way the internet is now as opposed to 99 I just can't see Eric keeping quiet. I think that guy would be all over different web pages posting angry things. I can see him getting caught for other things perhaps before even getting to plan an NBK.

Jbow89

Contribution Points : 75010

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened in 2016   If Columbine happened in 2016 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 1:40 pm

The internet is monitored a bit more now after 9/11. Eric would probably be flagged for researching bomb making

Back to top Go down
astrospace92

astrospace92

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened in 2016   If Columbine happened in 2016 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 3:59 pm

WendlaBergman wrote:
They strike me as the type who would have social media pages, possibly cringeworthy ones. There would definitely be more, higher quality, and possibly racier pictures for fangirls to drool over. Rolling Eyes I think they'd post some Basement Tapes online and possibly get caught.

Lizpuff wrote:
I think it could go either way...as in happen or not happen.  If Dylan and especially Eric could keep their plans off the internet and remain as secretive as they were back in 99 I think it could have a chance at happening.  

But in all honesty the way the internet is now as opposed to 99 I just can't see Eric keeping quiet.  I think that guy would be all over different web pages posting angry things.  I can see him getting caught for other things perhaps before even getting to plan an NBK.

Jbow89 wrote:
The internet is monitored a bit more now after 9/11. Eric would probably be flagged for researching bomb making

Haha, yeah could you imagine them posting those cringe topless photos posing with there weapons? (I mean, they probably wouldn't be topless because Eric had that abnormality on his chest.)

I think they'd have a youtube channels. I could imagine Dylan's being a little bit like Elliot Rogers, moaning about girls, except in a self loathing/pitying way.

But yeah, I think with the way everything's monitored these days they'd be reported. Speaking of which, How do you think 911 would have effected them? Would it have inspired them?

DreamVillain wrote:
Honestly, they'd probably get the shit kicked out of them. I don't see high school kids today as innocent as they were back then and a lot more inclined to defend themselves.

And do you think if they defended themselves in a more…social acceptable way (…for lack of a better term) they would have released that anger and just waited to graduate and move on with their lives?
Back to top Go down
asloversgo

Contribution Points : 75683

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened in 2016   If Columbine happened in 2016 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 4:35 pm

I feel like there are SO many things in this section that should be in Misc.

I'm not sure how many of you were on this board in 2010 but we had so many good conversations that were well researched.

things like "what do you think dylan thought of......." should be in misc, am I right?
Back to top Go down
astrospace92

astrospace92

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened in 2016   If Columbine happened in 2016 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 4:44 pm

asloversgo wrote:

I'm not sure how many of you were on this board in 2010 but we had so many good conversations that were well researched.

things like "what do you think dylan thought of......." should be in misc, am I right?

Can someone merged this to the thread or something? Smile
Back to top Go down
Jbow89

Contribution Points : 75010

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened in 2016   If Columbine happened in 2016 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 11:23 pm

A small part of me warns to think E/D wouldn't have shot up their school if they were a senior nowadays. Unlike recent mass shooters they didn't seem to have mental illness but more so anger issues. I think both would have found outlets to cope with their anger. I mean they both loved making videos, look how easy it is now to make videos, edit and share them. Or programming.. They could easily learn how to program online and write apps for phones and look how advanced Doom is now or other games.

Also Eric always talked about friends he missed back in MI and NY. Today he could easily have kept in contact with them (Facebook/text/etc) I think both shooters felt trapped in their town and even though it was less than 20 years ago the world has "shrunk" and they would see they didn't have to kill people...

But obviously I'm no expert.
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90024

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened in 2016   If Columbine happened in 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 12:20 am

I can see Dylan being shirtless but not Eric. Eric might have pictures that were racy in other ways.

I can DEFINITELY see them having a YouTube channel.
Back to top Go down
astrospace92

astrospace92

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened in 2016   If Columbine happened in 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 6:05 am

Jbow89 wrote:
A small part of me warns to think E/D wouldn't have shot up their school if they were a senior nowadays. Unlike recent mass shooters they didn't seem to have mental illness but more so anger issues. I think both would have found outlets to cope with their anger. I mean they both loved making videos, look how easy it is now to make videos, edit and share them. Or programming.. They could easily learn how to program online and write apps for phones and look how advanced Doom is now or other games.

Also Eric always talked about friends he missed back in MI and NY. Today he could easily have kept in contact with them (Facebook/text/etc) I think both shooters felt trapped in their town and even though it was less than 20 years ago the world has "shrunk" and they would see they didn't have to kill people...

But obviously I'm no expert.

Of course, I didn't even think like that.
I think Columbine was the perfect storm, right place,wrong time, right decade, and social climate for it to happen.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118808
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened in 2016   If Columbine happened in 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 10:58 am

asloversgo wrote:

This board wasn't created until March, 2013. And anything related to 'thoughts' on any aspect of the Columbine shooting belong in 'Thoughts on the Shooting'. Anything that is documentation, evidence, videos, photos, etc belong in the Columbine documents section.

Miscellaneous is for topics that have nothing to do with Columbine.

Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83946
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened in 2016   If Columbine happened in 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 4:39 pm

astrospace92 wrote:
Exact same scenario/people but in 2016.

So Columbine hasn't happened yet (and therefore, none of the mass shooters post 1999 who have referenced Columbine have either) we're a month away.

Is it going to happen, or will it be stopped?

If if does happen, what's the outcome?

(I'm really not being facetious when I say this, but I do really believe people would be using social media whilst hiding in the Library.)

I totally agree about people using social media while hiding in the library, that would definitely happen. However, and to your question, because of the proliferation of social media (AND what we know about E/D possibly leaving "clues" in advance of 4/20/99), the attack would likely never have happened because someone, somewhere, would have caught on to some sort of possibly taunting clue or hint the boys would have left and it would have been stopped before it started.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine happened in 2016   If Columbine happened in 2016 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If Columbine happened in 2016
Page 1 of 1