Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

obsessed with columbine

Go down 
+6
ThoughtBox
Jenn
PaintItBlack
anonacc489
astrospace92
cyn1231
10 posters
AuthorMessage
cyn1231

cyn1231

Contribution Points : 74057
Forum Reputation : 10

obsessed with columbine Empty
PostSubject: obsessed with columbine   obsessed with columbine Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 10:35 pm

So I'm obsessed with columbine and I have been for about 7 years. I know its fucked up but I wish I knew the shooters. It's weird. I've read everything I could possibly read about the shooting but I always strive for more..am I losing my mind or am I not the only one who's got a twisted mind?

Last edited by cyn1231 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
cyn1231

cyn1231

PostSubject: Re: obsessed with columbine   obsessed with columbine Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 10:44 pm

Anybody on here with psych degrees who can shrink my head..id greatly appreciate it

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
astrospace92

astrospace92

Contribution Points : 74253
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: obsessed with columbine   obsessed with columbine Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 10:55 pm

I mean, I'm not going to lie, but I also have an insatiable obsession with it.
I don't wish I could commit mass murder, but I do have this idea that I could have known people involved at the time.

When I was a lot younger I used to fantasise about Eric and Dylan, that I could have been their friend and stopped this from happening.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
cyn1231

cyn1231

PostSubject: Re: obsessed with columbine   obsessed with columbine Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 11:22 pm

No troll babe..it wont let me pm you since I am fairly new
Back to top Go down
anonacc489

Contribution Points : 74666

PostSubject: Re: obsessed with columbine   obsessed with columbine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 3:45 am

astrospace92 wrote:
I mean, I'm not going to lie, but I also have an insatiable obsession with it.
I don't wish I could commit mass murder, but I do have this idea that I could have known people involved at the time.

When I was a lot younger I used to fantasise about Eric and Dylan, that I could have been their friend and stopped this from happening.

I tend to project myself into the various media that I indulge in.

For instance, if I was watching a show recently, such as Dragon Ball, I'll project myself into the show as my own character/as myself and imagine different scenarios. Same for books.

It's just a really weird form of escapism I do for fun.

You can imagine my shock and surprise when I began to project myself into Columbine. I have had fantasies where I was with Eric and Dylan on the day, or where I have stopped them personally, or where I was a cop going in after them. It's very weird.

I've done this form of escapism ever since I turned 11, and I never really stopped. It's just good fun. Although I do wonder if there is something more to it.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96691
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: obsessed with columbine   obsessed with columbine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 3:56 am

I have no problem admitting that I'm obsessed.I don't see it as anything shameful, as some might or do.
After all this time, being a Columbiner has become a significant part of who I am.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
astrospace92

astrospace92

PostSubject: Re: obsessed with columbine   obsessed with columbine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 12:05 pm

Out of interest, has anyone been diagnosed with Autism/Aspergers and this happens to be their "special interest"?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118908
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: obsessed with columbine   obsessed with columbine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 12:26 pm

astrospace92 wrote:
Out of interest, has anyone been diagnosed with Autism/Aspergers and this happens to be their "special interest"?
We have one member. He created a thread in Mental Health awhile back and spoke with a few of the other members who had questions for him. He does still log into the forum from time to time, so if you have anything you'd like ask him or leave him any comments, here's a link to the thread.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 84046
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: obsessed with columbine   obsessed with columbine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 7:20 pm

Jenn wrote:
astrospace92 wrote:
We have one member. He created a thread in Mental Health awhile back and spoke with a few of the other members who had questions for him. He does still log into the forum from time to time, so if you have anything you'd like ask him or leave him any comments, here's a link to the thread.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fascinating. I know that individuals along the autism spectrum (we don't use the term Asperger's anymore) often perseverate on specific things, for example, I knew a young man who didn't even like basketball but was obsessed with NBA statistics, and could name almost anything you could ask about basketball stats. But to find someone who perserverated on, say Columbine info, and could name/quote material from the 11K or things like that, would be most interesting indeed!

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
Jbow89

Contribution Points : 75110

PostSubject: Re: obsessed with columbine   obsessed with columbine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 7:29 pm

I get obsessed with columbine like one month out of the year and then I don't think about it until the following year. I think finding this site has kept my attention on columbine more than usual though lol
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: obsessed with columbine   obsessed with columbine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 8:54 pm

Jbow89 wrote:
I get obsessed with columbine like one month out of the year and then I don't think about it until the following year. I think finding this site has kept my attention on columbine more than usual though lol

You couldn't be more right!

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
philosopher_king

philosopher_king

Contribution Points : 101472
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: obsessed with columbine   obsessed with columbine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 11:33 pm

astrospace92 wrote:

I have been diagnosed, but columbine isn't my "special interest." At one point I was interested in it because of my past studies. Not so much any more.

Last edited by philosopher_king on Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
anonacc489

Contribution Points : 74666

PostSubject: Re: obsessed with columbine   obsessed with columbine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 11:55 pm

astrospace92 wrote:

I have high functioning autism and aspergers, but I don't think of this as being my "special interest". Really I'm not so sure what my special interest is in that regard. I think it's just a small little circle of specific ones.
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90124

PostSubject: Re: obsessed with columbine   obsessed with columbine Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 12:19 am

I have high-functioning Autism - when I was diagnosed in 1998 they still called it Asperger's - and this is my special interest.
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: obsessed with columbine   obsessed with columbine Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 12:21 am

WendlaBergman wrote:
I have high-functioning Autism - when I was diagnosed in 1998 they still called it Asperger's - and this is my special interest.

Just an FYI, when the DSM-5 (the so called "bible" of mental disorders) came out with the new fifth edition a few years ago, is when the APA dropped "Asperger's" as a diagnostic term.

Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90124

PostSubject: Re: obsessed with columbine   obsessed with columbine Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 12:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I thought so!
Back to top Go down
Squid

Contribution Points : 74596

PostSubject: Re: obsessed with columbine   obsessed with columbine Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 12:40 am

Lots of people are infatuated/interested with famous criminals and think of them as rock stars or movie stars or something. Usually people who feel like misfits in society.
Back to top Go down
astrospace92

astrospace92

PostSubject: Re: obsessed with columbine   obsessed with columbine Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 11:27 am

ThoughtBox wrote:
WendlaBergman wrote:

Just an FYI, when the DSM-5 (the so called "bible" of mental disorders) came out with the new fifth edition a few years ago, is when the APA dropped "Asperger's" as a diagnostic term.

It's still a term used in UK psychiatry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: obsessed with columbine   obsessed with columbine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

obsessed with columbine
Page 1 of 1