Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...

Go down 
+16
Moonshadow
nicolonoscopy
W.A.R.
Rebbie556
myshame
rr126131
Draw_It_White
bradt93
shades
EGSandrew
thedude11
Love
Freezingmoon
WendlaBergman
ThoughtBox
anonacc489
20 posters
AuthorMessage
anonacc489

Contribution Points : 74516
Forum Reputation : 0

If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Empty
PostSubject: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 1:54 pm

Which would you choose and what questions would you ask?
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83896
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 2:21 pm

I would ask Dylan why and how he allowed himself to be so used by that awful meanie Eric Harris. Rolling Eyes Shocked

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 89974

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 7:09 pm

I'd talk to Dylan about lots of things.
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 77470

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 2:35 am

I would talk to Eric. I'd ask him how he felt about his diagnosis as a psychopath and how he felt about being labeled as the mastermind behind the plan.
Back to top Go down
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 67616
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 10:37 am

I would like to talk to both, can't choose anyone. I have a lot of questions for them.

captainbaculum likes this post

Back to top Go down
thedude11

Contribution Points : 83942

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 6:38 pm

My questions would probably be something like this:

When did you first think about doing this together? Who mentioned it first? How did you two touch that subject the very first time you talked about it, without fearing it'd come out and spread throughout the school. Where, what place was it first mentioned?

Their feelings during the "quiet" period when they just roamed the school.

Their feelings about their family members.

Initial feeling after firing the very first shot.

General questions about their beliefs about the world, politics, society.

How were they 100% sure in one another that one of them wouldn't back out and just go to the police.

Questions about their childhood.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
EGSandrew
Randy Stair
September 17, 1992 -
June 8, 2017
EGSandrew

Contribution Points : 67328

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 8:38 am

I think one of the biggest questions would be "was it all worth it?" Obviously they intended to kill hundreds, not just 11-13 or so. "Did you ever think during the shooting that a cop could've stepped in and ended it all within the first few minutes?" "What would you have done different if you had a reset button and could do the massacre all over again?" I'd have way too many questions to fit into fifteen minutes but those are some of them.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 10:22 am

I'd just straight up say: "I hate the people at my school. I find humanity a bit twisted. But I would never, ever kill someone. You had potential, you would have done some good things. Maybe you could've kept making Doom .wads. You threw it all away, and you were about to get out of the hell that is school. I can't imagine your regret."
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79711
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 2:49 pm

I would talk to Eric, I would ask him out for a beer, and the rest of the time we would talk about whatever we want.

Contribution Points : 91006
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 3:21 pm

I would ask them, why did you kill all those innocent people who weren't mean to you? I also would ask them if any girls had interest in you two?

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97993
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 1:29 pm

I'd ask Eric if he'd bang that Lyn Ann chick. Imagine the breakdown she'd have if he said no.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
rr126131

Contribution Points : 65304

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 3:25 pm

I would love to ask, in general, why they didn't end up killing alot more people. Were they disappointed with things at the end, and thats why they ended it when they did? Were they feeling bothered by what they had done? Why plan something so "big" be in the thick of it all and then just give up? Do you actually wish that the bombs had worked as planned?
Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 74944

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 11:38 pm

Would I be asking them something before or after they committed the atrocity?

I wouldn't say anything to them. I don't think they really had a secret motive that no one can understand.
Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 74944

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 2:56 pm

Actually, I'd ask who had the idea first. Sick question, but it's one that no one can answer now.
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Contribution Points : 92006
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 9:03 pm

I wouldn't ask them I would confront their asses off
And say" think about your family!" You'll hurt them more!"
They were so close to their graduation damn.....
Eric's parents even picked the decorations for his graduation cake.
They would leave that school and live normal life. If they didn't choose that way.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70298
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 10:24 pm

myshame wrote:
Actually, I'd ask who had the idea first. Sick question, but it's one that no one can answer now.

Dylan mentions it first (in his journal) and originally wanted to do it with a female.

i assume at some point he ran the idea by Eric and he jumped on-board.
Back to top Go down
nicolonoscopy

nicolonoscopy

Contribution Points : 65581

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 11:21 am

I would decide to talk to Eric for sure, but I don't think I'll ever be able to decide what to say to him. I'd probably ask him why he killed so many harmless underclassmen instead of the jocks he had been planning to kill. And then I'd probably cry. Probably.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 12:37 pm

i would ask both Dylan and Eric if they will apologize for giving the NRA such a wrap Razz
Back to top Go down
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Contribution Points : 71856

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 6:00 pm

I wonder if 15 minutes would be enough. I have two reasons to think so:
1.) as I am very interested in the answers to each and every question you guys mentioned in this thread, I assume the answers would take more than 15 minutes;
2.) I would surely have many common interests to discuss with Eric - war machine enthusiasts always have lots of topics to speak about!

The other question is: how willing - or unwilling - would they be to answer us? Don't you think they would come up with false answers to our questions, or not mention certain important info's?
Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 42758
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2022 4:22 am

Ask Eric why he ever wore a trench coat. Bro looked like he was wearing a trash bag.

In all seriousness, I have no idea what I'd say to them.

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
asanopark

Contribution Points : 36838
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2022 10:26 pm

Why do you think you’re so important
Back to top Go down
Kinkeloukaitis

Kinkeloukaitis

Contribution Points : 43930
Forum Reputation : 102

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2022 9:31 pm

You were right, the world since your death is even more shitty. No need 15 minutes
Back to top Go down
BlackAndWhiteKittenz

BlackAndWhiteKittenz

Contribution Points : 24140
Forum Reputation : 125

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2022 10:10 pm

Ask them how they felt when there plan failed and talk to them what they think of their influence on school attacks after Columbine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2022 8:15 am

I'd want to talk to Eric. I wouldn't want to talk about the shooting itself, but just about him. About how he really felt, what he wanted to do, what his real dreams were, what his plans were if it weren't for the shooting, if it was worth it in the end, about his mental health, if he ever thought about it genuinely getting better, etc. I would just want to hear him rant about anything he wants for 15 minutes. He's a complicated person and it's sometimes hard to see the difference between who he wants to be and who he really is. I don't care if he's not at all what the media thinks of him, like him being a full psychopath or something. I think i would understand him a lot better than Dylan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...   If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you could talk with either Eric or Dylan for 15 minutes...
Page 1 of 1