Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm sorry but…

Go down 
+9
Freezingmoon
Undyne
PaintItBlack
Lizpuff
slippy123
em81
Belladonna
Mrpnuz
NotYourRobot
13 posters
AuthorMessage
NotYourRobot

Contribution Points : 74624
Forum Reputation : 0

I'm sorry but… Empty
PostSubject: I'm sorry but…   I'm sorry but… Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 8:24 pm

After reading A Mother's Reckoning, I have to wonder if Sue Klebold is seriously that delusional or if she really dismisses (not the right word) her son killing people in cold blood just because he was suicidal/committed suicide. I also don't like how she blames Eric for leading dylan astray
Don't even get me started on her belief that she'll see Dylan again
Back to top Go down
Mrpnuz

Contribution Points : 76447

I'm sorry but… Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry but…   I'm sorry but… Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 8:40 pm

She doesnt dismiss or justify his actions. Learn to read
Back to top Go down
Belladonna

Contribution Points : 74489

I'm sorry but… Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry but…   I'm sorry but… Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 10:52 pm

I think you are being a bit harsh on her. At the end of the day she lost her son, and he is remembered as a vicious killer. She didn't get to grieve like any other parent would. He is hatefully remembered.If it helps her to deal with what he did to thrown herself into suicide prevention, well all I can say is at least she's trying to do some good in the world.

All throughout the book she talks about what he did, outlines the killings one-by-one (doesn't even try and gloss over how Dylan was laughing as he tormented others) and mentions many times how he is a vicious killer who committed horrible acts. She doesn't deny what he does or the impact his actions had. She's thrown herself into preventing suicide because she believes that's where Dylan's destructive journey began before he became murderous, and she'd be right.
Back to top Go down

I'm sorry but… Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry but…   I'm sorry but… Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 11:31 pm

What's wrong with wanting to see her son again??
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101274
Forum Reputation : 3

I'm sorry but… Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry but…   I'm sorry but… Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 12:52 am

she loves her son, why should we judge her? i don´t.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105438
Forum Reputation : 1235

I'm sorry but… Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry but…   I'm sorry but… Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 7:00 am

She was a victim too. She did nothing remember, but now has to live with the consequences of what Dylan did. It's like she in a sense was punished for another persons vicious crimes. I don't think she said anything that any normal loving parent wouldn't. She knows what he had done, but he was still her flesh and blood, so shes always going to have love for him.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96199
Forum Reputation : 1190

I'm sorry but… Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry but…   I'm sorry but… Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 9:00 am

Sue gets a lot of hate. You have to remember that she raised Dylan for 17 years and did not see any of this negativity from him. He was her son and a mother always tries to protect her children and will always love her children no matter what. She still loves him.

If at the end of the day, thinking about seeing Dylan in Heaven or the afterlife gives her comfort more power to her. Her family has been thru so much and she needs any bit of comfort she can get.

Like it or not Dylan did commit suicide. Whether or not depressed suicidal people will commit crimes like this I think it is great that she is helping out with suicide prevention. The mention of St. Johns Wort in Dylan's room was incredibly sad to me. She wants to make sure no other parents will have to go thru this and help parents/other loved ones who have lost family members or friends to suicide. What is wrong with that?

PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96591
Forum Reputation : 52

I'm sorry but… Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry but…   I'm sorry but… Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 11:42 am

NotYourRobot wrote:
After reading A Mother's Reckoning, I have to wonder if Sue Klebold is seriously that delusional or if she really dismisses (not the right word) her son killing people in cold blood just because he was suicidal/committed suicide. I also don't like how she blames Eric for leading dylan astray
Don't even get me started on her belief that she'll see Dylan again

I understand your frustration at her extensive blaming of Eric.
I feel so angry and frustrated about it too, but I don't understand your objection to hoping she sees him again.
It is one of my most passionate hopes that both their families will see them again.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Undyne

Contribution Points : 101913
Forum Reputation : 27

I'm sorry but… Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry but…   I'm sorry but… Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 11:56 am

“For years after the attack, I resisted blaming Eric for Dylan’s participation... I now think differently,” does not mean, "I now blame Eric entirely."
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 77520

I'm sorry but… Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry but…   I'm sorry but… Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 2:16 pm

Undyne wrote:
“For years after the attack, I resisted blaming Eric for Dylan’s participation... I now think differently,” does not mean, "I now blame Eric entirely."
She thinks that NBK was Eric's idea.  But Dylan writes about it before Eric ever did. I guess she thinks that Eric put that idea into Dylan's head.... But there is no proof that Eric did that.  

Plus, even if a small part of her feels that Eric persuaded Dylan, it's still wrong to place more blame on Eric. If Dylan was a victim of his pathology, therefor making him vulnerable to the evil Eric, then Eric himself was just as much a victim of his own pathology.
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83946
Forum Reputation : 13

I'm sorry but… Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry but…   I'm sorry but… Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 3:01 pm

Undyne wrote:

True, but as I understand it, I think she puts the bulk of the blame on Eric, though in her mind, she may not have wanted to (or "resisted") it before.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
Undyne

Contribution Points : 101913
Forum Reputation : 27

I'm sorry but… Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry but…   I'm sorry but… Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 3:57 pm

She does entertain the idea that Eric might have, "... gotten through the crisis without violence."  I'm not sure why she needs to defend Eric any more than that.  He wasn't her son, and thus it's not her prerogative.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96591
Forum Reputation : 52

I'm sorry but… Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry but…   I'm sorry but… Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 9:04 pm

I found an interesting blog post from a woman who has little interest in Columbine, but relates to Sue as she also lost her son to suicide.She even picked up on the extensive blaming of Eric although she doesn't seem to see it as a negative thing the way many of us do.
For those who don't wish to read the whole thing, this is the part I'm talking about.

"He, too, had a “friend” up until his final breath who was no good for him. A boy who was a bad influence, who saw all that my son struggled with and cheered him on in a most negative sense. He was there on that final night…that final act. "

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 102797
Forum Reputation : 325

I'm sorry but… Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry but…   I'm sorry but… Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 3:38 am

I agree with OP entirely. She definitely does blame Eric, and believes her sweet little son would have never done this without Eric, failing to realize that her son was just as mentally fucked up than the guy she blames

She NEVER in the book mentions Dylan speaks of homicidal thoughts in the journal. She just says Dylan was suicidal. He was homicidal. He wanted to kill just as much as Eric. Keep living in denial Sue.
Back to top Go down
kittycat

kittycat

Contribution Points : 101367
Forum Reputation : 55

I'm sorry but… Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry but…   I'm sorry but… Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 6:24 pm

No should judge unless they've been in the same situation.

Years and years of love for her son who she wished the world for verses 15 minutes of madness. The son she knew wasn't a killer.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83288

I'm sorry but… Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry but…   I'm sorry but… Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:19 pm

Sue was certainly delusional for the better part of 6 months after 4/20, but I feel she's as in touch with reality at this point as much as one could expect.

I think her take on Dylan & Eric's relationship is expected as well, similar to the divorced parent reactions, few admit they were the problem.  It's always easy to lean in your favor.  Factor in as well, the anti Eric & casting blame on Eric is a mantra held be each of Dylan's friends that she knew.  It's an easy crutch, but if the E&D's common friends are pumping the same feelings, you know she's going to jump all over it.

As far as seeing Dylan on the other side, let her have the dream..  she deserves it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm sorry but… Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry but…   I'm sorry but… Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm sorry but…
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: